Thread: classic rt hardline install

classic rt hardline install

So I ordered this from Palmers paintball, I have never done any fitting work before, any expert advice from anyone? Yes I know its brass and not stainless. . . but Ill have to deal with it for now I guess. . .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

tubing bender & cutter , if you attempt to bend it without a bender it may kink or crack the tubing ,, couldn't find used ones here ?

probably get a new one from Tuna. i did last year.

Im not interested in used parts, I want this gun to look new!!!

Doesn't the hardline have to be flared in a certain way?

My other question is How am I supposed to make it look like a sharp bend like AGD did when they made this marker back in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacker22 View Post
    My other question is How am I supposed to make it look like a sharp bend like AGD did when they made this marker back in the day?
    Tubing bender , that set up looks like tubing that uses a ferrel ( brass or stainless piece slides over tube , when you tighten the nut it seals )

what is the rating on the brass tubing? I dont know if I would be comfortable with brass tubing and high pressure...
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Im not interested in used parts, I want this gun to look new!!!
    it was NOS.

I'm sorry I meant the fittings are brass, I wanted stainless, but they didn't carry at the time, the hardline is stainless tho. . .

I'm sorry I meant the fittings are brass, I wanted stainless, but they didn't carry at the time, the hardline is stainless tho. . .
    If you dont have a tubing bender just fill it with sand and bend it.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    buy a tubing bender, they are cheap. make sure the tube is supported on the inside of the bend at all times, otherwise the tube will kink. you want a 45-degree bend. you want excess length on both sides of the bend; then you can simply cut them down to the correct length with a tubing cutter. just remember to deburr the cut ends (the tubing cutter should have a little tool to do that).

ok you covered almost all my questions, but what about flaring on each end? do I need the stainless line to be flared in any way? the stock rt hardline is similar to the one I have, I just want to make sure I do this properly.