Thread: trigger play

trigger play

Im wondering if anyone has shimmed their trigger? Mine has a lot of play in it side to side, I was wondering where I would get very small shims, for it?

flat plastic & a hole punch

You can also get a soda can and a pair of scissors and cut some aluminium ones.

The "slop" isn't horrible but if you are used to electros, it can be a huge difference in feel.

Thx for the options guys much appreciated

For plastic, macro line works pretty well.

I think the one that was made for me was cut with a razor blade, maybe with the tubing protruding from a piece of brass tubing. I think it is still in service, but I can't remember which marker atm.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    there will always be slop, unless the trigger pivots on a ball bearing and is spaced correctly. if you shim it too much, the trigger will stick. it's a non-issue while playing, in my opinion.

I just dont want the slop there. . . I got the shim made it should work fine, thx guys.

You can buy round washer type shims, or you can make some using shim stock. Or you can use a flat sheet metal. The shims stock will last longer, but in this application, any metal will last as long as you need. I've used shims in most of my triggers. It makes them much more crisp, because none of the energy you put onto the trigger goes in any direction but where you want it to go.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.