Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My warpless Rotor project

My warpless Rotor project

so far so good
    edit: does this work better?
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/8439028@N07/22060508189/
    Last edited by wingbatwu; 10-17-2015 at 11:02 AM.

Is it just me, the link doesn't work for me ?

Just copy and paste the [img] [/img] file.

you think someone could 3d print a top with all that integrated just into the top to do the same thing?

^^Most probably. All I did was drill a hole and aligned a tube with the spinning parts of a BoxRotor, that totally are compatible with a regular Rotor.

Quote Originally Posted by wingbatwu View Post
    ^^Most probably. All I did was drill a hole and aligned a tube with the spinning parts of a BoxRotor, that totally are compatible with a regular Rotor.
    oh ok.

pics of the inside!

what are you mounting this on?
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

Quote Originally Posted by zondo View Post
    pics of the inside!

what are you mounting this on?
    I'm working on a skeleton buttstock for it.

Wow, looks really, really clean!

What's the capacity when it's all said and done? Good job!

Nice work. I was going to do the same thing but couldn't get my hands on the box rotor parts

Ditto... the only parts available from manufacturer are the lids and clips, none of the internals. Did you pick up a used/broken box mag? That seems like an expensive way to go about the project...

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    Ditto... the only parts available from manufacturer are the lids and clips, none of the internals. Did you pick up a used/broken box mag? That seems like an expensive way to go about the project...
    I already owned a DAM and the boxrotor

It'd probably result in a lawsuit, but there might be more than a handful (like 15, tops) of people that would be interested in buying that BoxRotor paddle fixture.

I wonder if DYE would sell them.

It'd probably result in a lawsuit, but there might be more than a handful (like 15, tops) of people that would be interested in buying that BoxRotor paddle fixture.

I wonder if DYE would sell them.
    Are you paying attention here 3D printer guy ?

(Knownothingmags)

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post

(Knownothingmags)
    i was hoping he was. i think accurately re-drawing the rotor mechanism as a single part would be a real adventure though.

checkin on parts

OK these parts are semi available , how many are interested ??
    The center arm ( red part ) is available ,, the 8ball carrier ( black part ) he doesn't have here , he is checking to see if the factory has any on the shelf ( if they don't it would be 30 to 45 day wait till the next run of parts )
    looks like cost would be ( very approximate ) about 25$
    I'm a DYE dealer and can order these
    While I was talkin to Chris about these pts & the box rotor , he was sayin they made the box roter's motor a little bigger due to the fact it was workin harder pushin the paint ,, so we may see a shorter motor life on the ones we convert
    Last edited by maniacmechanic; 10-28-2015 at 02:22 PM. Reason: more info

Me

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post

(Knownothingmags)
    low an behold my printer is running again, just in time to start reading this thread again.
    would need to just design a good shell to work with this. so you don't have to hurt your stock top shell.

could just get me the box rotor internals and I can cad everything up and then we can make the parts or a mechanism the way we would need it.
    such as a taylor made to the user.

I'm definitely interested.

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    checkin on parts

OK these parts are semi available , how many are interested ??
    The center arm ( red part ) is available ,, the 8ball carrier ( black part ) he doesn't have here , he is checking to see if the factory has any on the shelf ( if they don't it would be 30 to 45 day wait till the next run of parts )
    looks like cost would be ( very approximate ) about 25$
    I'm a DYE dealer and can order these
    While I was talkin to Chris about these pts & the box rotor , he was sayin they made the box roter's motor a little bigger due to the fact it was workin harder pushin the paint ,, so we may see a shorter motor life on the ones we convert
    the plug in my dye dam how much would that cost to replace.
    the tech guys gave me some bad advice I think and now my stock wont fit on it.

How does the rotor activate? I seem to remember someone doing a tube off the bottom up to a feedneck and it fed up no problem but it wouldn't detect the firing. Hopefully you either prove this not the case or find a way around it

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    the plug in my dye dam how much would that cost to replace.
    the tech guys gave me some bad advice I think and now my stock wont fit on it.
    Not sure what plug your refering to , but if its available I can get it

Quote Originally Posted by Syko89 View Post
    How does the rotor activate? I seem to remember someone doing a tube off the bottom up to a feedneck and it fed up no problem but it wouldn't detect the firing. Hopefully you either prove this not the case or find a way around it
    Roters work off ball stack psi , no eyes , sound or vibration

Not sure what plug your refering to , but if its available I can get it
    the one that is covered by the stock to stock air from escaping.

Roters work off ball stack psi , no eyes , sound or vibration
    would the vertical stack above the rotor increase the ball stack psi to the point that it wouldn't spin? i suppose you'd have to turn the spin threshold way up, no?

would the vertical stack above the rotor increase the ball stack psi to the point that it wouldn't spin? i suppose you'd have to turn the spin threshold way up, no?
    My rep from DYE said the motor in the box rotors are bigger because they are pushing up ,, is stack psi adjustable ??

Wingbatwu have you tried it on a marker yet. From the video it looks like it just needs to be mounted up. I have been doing a bunch of warpless halos but stayed away from the rotor because couldn't get parts and was unsure if it would keep feeding once the initial ball stack was pushed up. Hope you can prove this wrong

I've been busy with non-paintball stuff, but I will try to do a mock up of the stock I d like to mount it on. I have pretty much everything i need, it s just a matter of doing some metal work n cuts

Any news on this? The Rotor was by far my favorite loader, but unable to be made warpless (until now?)

Stack height is fairly adjustable. And pretty sure it wouldn't be hard to make it function at even stiffer thresholds. As for the motor. That's replaceable as well. So I'd say if the box rotor parts are a direct swap this could be the cleanest warpless setup going. I'll not try it though since I'm just not a fan of the side mount hopper.