Thread: What is the maximum safe PSI inside the chamber of an automag lvl 7 valve ?

What is the maximum safe PSI inside the chamber of an automag lvl 7 valve ?

Alright, I want to know what is the maximum safe PSI inside the dump chamber of an automag 68 valve ?
    Last edited by VirpZ; 10-26-2015 at 09:18 PM.

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    are you bypassing the regulator? You can hook 3000psi up to a valve. The regulator(back half of the valve) will dial it down from that.

Well above the pressure at which the regulator piston safety feature would begin leaking.

The recent questions like this make me uncomfortable. Respectfully, may I ask what you are trying to achieve?
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

Quote Originally Posted by nak81783 View Post
    Well above the pressure at which the regulator piston safety feature would begin leaking.

The recent questions like this make me uncomfortable. Respectfully, may I ask what you are trying to achieve?
    Yes, the pressure regulator has been bypassed and I am using an external one to regulate the dump chamber. The application is not related to paintball an I will have no bolt action, just gas/air pressure.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    these valves were designed for paintball use, so the chamber is built to withstand normal pressures at which it would be operated. if you want to use one for something else, that's your business, but you're on your own.

I am not trying to propel paintballs at 800 fps, I just want to launch some low density stuff to the 10+ yards mark.

While I know the regulator can handle pressures up to 3000 PSI I don't think it means that you can have pressures like 3000 PSI going on INSIDE the regulator chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    these valves were designed for paintball use, so the chamber is built to withstand normal pressures at which it would be operated. if you want to use one for something else, that's your business, but you're on your own.
    Sure this piece of information you posted will be really helpful to somebody else . Don't get too fragile, I am not trying to be disrespectful.
    Last edited by VirpZ; 10-30-2015 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VirpZ View Post

Sure this piece of information you posted will be really helpful to somebody else .
    little respect goes along ways.

http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paint...deos_main.html
    watch 34 cps rt valve
    3000 input

Please, don't get too fragile, I never meant to hurt anybody feelings.

Anyone willing to help me out here ?

so you can feed the valve all day at 3000psi.
    what other info do you need.

of course if you apply the valve to an application that it wasn't designed for, it could result in catastrophic failure.

definitely here to help

Again, respectfully, why would you trust someone's answer on an Internet forum when the end result could be a pipe bomb? If you don't know about or how to calculate things like hoop, radial, and axial stress of a pressure vessel, material yield strengths, etc., you should only let someone with PROOF of proper credentials and insurance provide that information.

Quote Originally Posted by nak81783 View Post
    Again, respectfully, why would you trust someone's answer on an Internet forum when the end result could be a pipe bomb? If you don't know about or how to calculate things like hoop, radial, and axial stress of a pressure vessel, material yield strengths, etc., you should only let someone with PROOF of proper credentials and insurance provide that information.
    couldn't have said it better.

I am not trying to propel paintballs at 800 fps, I just want to launch some low density stuff to the 10+ yards mark.
    I think we all lost track of what he is trying to do. There is no need for anywhere near 3000psi to launch LD items ten yards, unless it something like packing peanuts. My advice is that you input 1000 psi and adjust the valve for the desired distance.

But knowing the properties of the projectile is part of the equation! That is why I stated to have a credentialed individual do the math, FEA, etc. Said person would know all the variables to factor in.

Quote Originally Posted by waffles2 View Post
    I think we all lost track of what he is trying to do. There is no need for anywhere near 3000psi to launch LD items ten yards, unless it something like packing peanuts. My advice is that you input 1000 psi and adjust the valve for the desired distance.
    From yours and some older posts I found it seems to be ok to have 800- 1000 PSI inside the dump chamber. Will give it a try.

That equation starts with volume times pressure = energy.

Thank you.
    Last edited by VirpZ; 10-30-2015 at 09:43 PM.

What is the best material to devolumize a mag to use 12 grams on a classic valve?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianFromPitt View Post
    What is the best material to devolumize a mag to use 12 grams on a classic valve?
    nylon, delrin, there are a lot.
    talk to the guys who have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    nylon, delrin, there are a lot.
    talk to the guys who have done it.
    I used flyingpootang's method of a number of 3/8" nylon washers. They have to be reduced on the OD a bit, but you can add and subtract volume in an easily accountable method. Too many washers gets the chamber pressure up where you start to see more broken paint and/or venting from the reg piston. Barrel length is just as important as the last few washers. My son went to a stubby minimag barrel on his devolumized pumpmag, and it started seeing both problems on occasion (small tournament paint probably).

here's a drag-up

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ighlight=shots