Thread: Cerakote body

Cerakote body

My bro decided to send some parts in to get finished, I'm used to going the ano route but since I had a ss body I decided to send it along for the cerakote treatment...I am very impressed with the finished product and have a stack of parts that I plan on getting done.
    Before and after

Just make sure that you understand that tolerances will get thrown off because Cerakoting will add thickness. So things like body to rail and rail to grip frame may require adjustments.
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

According to VooDoo Coatings on MCB it doesn't through off any tolarances.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...g-service.html

Apparently they can apply Cerakote at 1mil, which is like... Kapton tape thickness. So it's arguable that it's barely noticeable on most parts.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

I'm not worried about tolerances on this stuff, my bro had a full marker done and it was shooting great with classic an a x valve...doesn't look thick like powder coating, looks about as thick as a couple light coast of rattle can but seems way durable.

Cerakote body

I think Cerekote is a great option, and looking by at what some have done on firearms, you can get amazing finishes.

But, Yeah... It'll add some. I had my RX Cerakoted and some of my parts did not rotate as freely. For example the back cap that removes the rammer cartridge was completely tightened when fully assembled and did not spin freely like it did when anodized. I needed to use an Allen wrench to pull it out for lubing.

I'm not saying it will always throw stuff out of wack, but there is an effect on some parts.

And mine was done by Voodoo.
    Last edited by zondo; 10-30-2015 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819 View Post
    I'm not worried about tolerances on this stuff, my bro had a full marker done and it was shooting great with classic an a x valve...doesn't look thick like powder coating, looks about as thick as a couple light coast of rattle can but seems way durable.
    And Clyde Ship building said the Titanic was unskinable. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    And Clyde Ship building said the Titanic was unskinable. Just saying
    Easy there that's two different things, your comparing apples to oranges but I'm sure Keiko won't take his marker out in the Atlantic. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by zondo View Post
    Just make sure that you understand that tolerances will get thrown off because Cerakoting will add thickness. So things like body to rail and rail to grip frame may require adjustments.
    (Like everyone has said) Cerakote will probably be OK, I believe it's generally only 1-2 mils thick. (0.001" - 0.002")

I have a customers body and rail here with a fresh coat of chrome plating and we definitely have a problem, after all the testing I'm pretty sure the plating is the issue. I always assumed this could be corrected with a longer on/off pin (?) is there any chance of getting one longer than 0.765"?

Quote Originally Posted by lobo_fuerte View Post
    Easy there that's two different things, your comparing apples to oranges but I'm sure Keiko won't take his marker out in the Atlantic. Just saying.
    My point is, what they say and what you get can be 2 different things. Never ASSUME.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    is there any chance of getting one longer than 0.765"?
    you could make them a stocked item

I don't have any problem with mine. Very impressed with his work.

Man, I gotta say, that mag is so amazing on multiple levels. Is that a BOA Concealer that has been Freak threaded?

To stay on topic, I plan to get a few things done by Voodoo, including Automag parts. I can understand the tolerances being a concern, but it seems like a stretch considering manufacturing tolerances of your parts anyway. Also if it's JUST a body, or JUST the rail, you aren't stacking the thickness of the coating. Just my 2 cents.

I Cerakote firearms. If the Cerakote is applied correct you will have no problems. Nuts and bolts can be done with no problems