Thread: X-Valve won't degas / Mag won't fire

X-Valve won't degas / Mag won't fire

As the title says, if I air up the mag it won't fire. I had this issue a week ago and fixed it by turning up the pressure going from the reg to the valve. This week I tried airing the marker up to fire some shots and I've got the reg cranked as far as she'll go and the mag won't fire. I feel tension on the trigger, but apparently there's not enough pressure to fire the marker.

My tank is at/around 1500 psi.

Another thing I'm noticing is that the marker isn't degassing. I have to wait about 10 minutes for the the mag to vent itself before I can crack it open.

I'm using the stock x-valve on/off, and I suspect that's where my problem is, but I would appreciate some feedback if that makes sense. I'm also noticing I'm not hearing a distinctive click noise after I gas up the marker... hope that's enough description...
    Last edited by Ford; 10-31-2015 at 10:37 AM.

If the trigger has tension, then the front chamber is probably full of high pressure air. If it won't fire, then it could either be a stuck bolt or maybe your sear isn't releasing the bolt. Bolt stick is a level 10 tuning issue. The sear not releasing is a trigger rod length issue. The trigger rod should have a tiny gap between it and the back of the trigger when it is held against the safety with the gun gassed up and sear in the fully reset position.

Is your level 10 properly tuned? That is the most likely cause of your issue.

The valves can hold air. Usually, you can hold the trigger in and allow the bolt to release air as you are pulling the valve out the back of the body.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

That makes sense, I'll play with my spacers to see if that fixes my problem. Thanks.

Ok, I've had some time to play around with the issue, here's an update.

I've tried re-tuning the lvl 10, and I'm back to the same power tube spacer I was using before.

One thing I noticed was if I have a leaky spacer in and hold down the trigger, the leak stops after a few seconds. Makes sense, the on/off pin stops the flow of air to the power tube.

On the sear issue I bought the intelliframe and sear from Tuna, haven't messed with them from stock settings and the marker used to fire so I don't think the sear is the issue. If I take out the x-valve, look down the tube while holding down the trigger and putting pressure on where the on/off pin would be the sear isn't popping up into the body.

This leads me back to thinking the issue may be with the reg. As I tighten the back of the reg I can feel the trigger require more pressure to pull, but it doesn't ever seem to be enough to fire the marker. I have two different tanks outputting roughly 850 psi so I don't think it's an issue with my tank.

If it is the reg, any suggestions on where to go or how to fix that?

Tighten the field strip screw with a wrench and try gassing it up. Let us know.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Welp, that fixes the problem!

I'm snugging down the field strip screw just until it doesn't seem to want to turn anymore using a wrench and it works just fine... Long ago I broke a strip screw in my old 68 mag by over tightening my strip screw so I tend to lean less tight, sounds like I need to be giving this one a little bit more torque.

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    Welp, that fixes the problem!

I'm snugging down the field strip screw just until it doesn't seem to want to turn anymore using a wrench and it works just fine... Long ago I broke a strip screw in my old 68 mag by over tightening my strip screw so I tend to lean less tight, sounds like I need to be giving this one a little bit more torque.
    Who da man?

Yup, mega thanks!