Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IS AGD still in business??

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    AGD is officially still a company, though it exists in a few boxes of parts in Romans (?) garage now.

Actually, EVERYTHING you said is wrong. Listen closely young man and learn not to insult someones business model or their intelligence.
    1-AGD is actually AGD USA INC.
    2-Roman is a former employee of AGD and has NOTHING to do with AGD USA. The owner's name is DAVE not Roman.
    3-It is not run out of boxes. The shop is immaculate. Dave is the second smartest man I have ever met. You know who the first one is and it is not you. You honestly have no idea.
    4-It is not run out of a garage. They do not have a retail shop so you can't go visit unless you are special...same way as I run my business.
    5-They have plenty of new parts and more being made all the time.
    6-They still make guns. They still sell guns. They still make parts. They still sell parts.

Is there anything else you need to know or be corrected on?
    i didn't insult anyone's business model, or intelligence. quite the opposite. i wish more old gun companies were run like AGD.

1. not a point of disagreement
    2. Roman was the name i remember last time i called them, and specifically put a question mark afterwards because i was not sure of it. it seems he does indeed go by "roman" in some conversations. would it be incorrect to call you "tuna" even though i assume that is not your real name?
    3. you understand that a company run out of boxes will still have a shop space right? i mean you have to assemble, test, and measure parts and assemblies. such a space need not be large.
    4. glad to hear that, is it an office facility, storage facility, or production facility? where is it?
    5. i said as much
    6. i also said as much

our only point seems to be where this facility is, not the form, function, or products and services AGD provides. the address listed on the website is a residential one. why they would not list there own business address on there website if they had a site on a business or industrial flat is beyond me.

in a world of google street view, a simple address of this facility is all i need.

here is maybe the best question when it comes to the size/might/production capability of AGD ... is it a one man operation at this point? AGDs business incorperation documents list Dave as the owner, who we presume also answers the email labeled "roman" which would point to it being a one man operation. however they also list a "roman randel" as well. i also assume its daves house the address listed on the AGD website. 401 Florine Court, Cary, IL 60013

a search for both names on linked-in shows no one, but does show several ex-AGD employees, all list there end of employment date as 2005. AGD itself is listed on linked-in as a "1-10" employee company https://www.linkedin.com/company/652...p-company-name they also list themselves as a "logistics and supply chain" company ... run out of boxes sounding familiar?

EDIT: doing more sleuthing yields this address: 804 Seton CT Wheeling, Illinois which is in an industrial/business area, however only 814 and 800 seton are listed in street view. hard to tell though there is a strip of offices right there.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 11-18-2015 at 05:19 PM.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

actually here is dave's linked-in https://www.linkedin.com/profile/vie...%3ANAME_SEARCH

which lists him as self employed.

interesting i ran across this: http://sporttoday.org/16_46c15aa773687707_1.htm

which is a job listing by dave about AGD. it also lists the 804 address. the time stamp is Jan 2000.

this likely leads to the conclusion that the 804 location was the location of the shop in AGDs "prime" which leads me to doubt that is the current location of the shop. pointing once again, to the 401 residential address as the current site of the AGD facility (as listed by AGD on the website currently).

if they are not in someone's garage/house/barn etc ... they are doing a pretty good job of presenting that location as there location.

well they have an A+ rating from the BBB, so thats good news.

http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-...ry-il-88391219

BBB also says they have 4 employees. interesting. and lists the 401 address as its location.

interesting old thread on AGD from 2007, some familiar faces even ...

https://automags.org/forums/printthread.php?t=224527

yippy you can operate the internet.

AGD-OfficeGal's last post was in 2009: https://automags.org/forums/search.php?searchid=42574

she says AGD "moved far far far away" from her and she is doing remote CS and book keeping.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    yippy you can operate the internet.
    rather deal in facts and evidence than innuendo and accusations.

i've asked repeatedly for evidence confirming there is an AGD production facility that is not Dave (romans?) garage. such evidence has not been presented, i've simply been insulted, so i decided to look for myself.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 11-18-2015 at 05:13 PM.

All im going to add is that Roman and Dave are NOT the same person. So there's that....

Pretty common knowledge that AGD's office was in Wheeling, it is definitely not there anymore. Wheeling and Carey are about an hour apart.

Quote Originally Posted by skipdogg View Post
    All im going to add is that Roman and Dave are NOT the same person. So there's that....
    yup, seems to be the case. though dave does respond to the roman email.

Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    Pretty common knowledge that AGD's office was in Wheeling, it is definitely not there anymore. Wheeling and Carey are about an hour apart.
    to a residential address.

i should just call/text TK. but i think the evidence speaks for itself really.

i have not revealed because i do not like to deal with rumor and innuendo either about my source. back in 2010ish when techpb was going well for mike, he had an idea for a show where he would mail a camera around to different paintball companies, and they could shoot whatever they wanted to, and send it all back to him and he could make a "behind the scenes" style show about paintball companies. it seemed like a decent enough idea, so, i got assigned to call up AGD cause mike knew i was into old guns and loved mags. so i called them up and talked to someone, could have been dave, maybe roman, dont remember. but he was interested because AGD was kinda making headlines because TK had been on the techpb show a couple of months before hand. but commented that he didn't have much to show, just boxes of parts, and a workbench type stuff with a phone, that it wouldn't make for much of a show. i do not suspect that AGD's business has picked up substantially in the last nearly 6 years. and anyway, the show never got made.

anyway, i don't like to deal in innuendo, but thats what they told me and why. combined with my internet sleuthing here, it tells its story.

love to see evidence to the contrary tuna. instead of insulting me, why don't you provide some of your own.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 11-18-2015 at 04:36 PM.

I replied to Dave's email with a link here and I asked him about the possibility of colored xvalves if he had enough pre orders. It would be good to get the info from the source and maybe let Dave know that he's still got a rabid fan base looking for new products.

I replied to Dave's email with a link here and I asked him about the possibility of colored xvalves if he had enough pre orders. It would be good to get the info from the source and maybe let Dave know that he's still got a rabid fan base looking for new products.
    great idea. dave/roman etc should hang around here more in general to avoid threads like these entirely.

never understood why TK, despite leaving paintball, always had a bigger presence on here than current AGD did.

My guess is most of the old school paintball company employees can't stand the internet and do as much interaction with it as minimally necessary. Its super toxic and often times a waste of time. Look at Bob Longs website, hasn't been updated in 2 years, yet he still is going strong. I think Bob Longs been pretty vocal about how much it hurts him to log into these forums.

Tom Kaye appears because he got out, he doesn't need to deflect criticism and attempt to appease everyone as an industry servant. He can jump in as a legend and bask in his awesomeness without some schmuck telling him he sucks and doesn't know how to run a business.

great idea. dave/roman etc should hang around here more in general to avoid threads like these entirely.

never understood why TK, despite leaving paintball, always had a bigger presence on here than current AGD did.

My guess is most of the old school paintball company employees can't stand the internet and do as much interaction with it as minimally necessary. Its super toxic and often times a waste of time. Look at Bob Longs website, hasn't been updated in 2 years, yet he still is going strong. I think Bob Longs been pretty vocal about how much it hurts him.

Tom Kaye appears because he got out, he doesn't need to deflect criticism and attempt to appease everyone as an industry servant. He can jump in as a legend and bask in his awesomeness without some schmuck telling him he sucks and doesn't know how to run a business.
    AO was always something different though. TK, and the techs and customer service folks from AGD used to be on here quite frequently.

though i get what your saying. threads like this make reasonable people want to shoot themselves in the face with the absurd personal vendettas and off-topic rants and raves.

This was a passion for TK. He did this and other ventures out of the love of doing it. If you can make money doing what you love. You never really have to work. And yes. Back in the day a few of the people at AGD were on here. But TK was still the primary then from what I can remember.

So in all honesty, what did you accomplish? There is the truth, like a company purposely misleading or creating a faulty product that could be a danger or even the huge cost difference(a gun that costs say $100 to build but they gouge 4 figures to the consumer) or just take the simple fact that AGD is still alive and well, new products(though no new innovations) are being made, servicing is still accomplished with certified techs, and though the product list might be scant compared to paintballs huge ear(circa 2000s) yet you can still get one of the best engineered guns in paintball.

So, what is the point of all this "dectective" work, other than to prove a point that near no one actually cared about?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    So in all honesty, what did you accomplish? There is the truth, like a company purposely misleading or creating a faulty product that could be a danger or even the huge cost difference(a gun that costs say $100 to build but they gouge 4 figures to the consumer) or just take the simple fact that AGD is still alive and well, new products(though no new innovations) are being made, servicing is still accomplished with certified techs, and though the product list might be scant compared to paintballs huge ear(circa 2000s) yet you can still get one of the best engineered guns in paintball.

So, what is the point of all this "dectective" work, other than to prove a point that near no one actually cared about?
    While Cockerpunks goal was to prove himself "right", purely self serving, my goal was to get a status update on parts for markers that we will have for a very long time. It would also be good to know what can be had for upcoming projects or the availability of brand new markers. While we don't have a "right to know" it still would be nice to know.

It would also be nice to get some thread cleanup here without offending any party in the right/wrong battle so we can hopefully not scare off anyone at liberty to give us actual answers from the source.

And for everyone arguing with cockerpunk for your own purpose of being right, your doing an equal disservice to the community and also demonstrating why people like Tom Kaye, or other industry people stay away from forums. Being right is more important to some of you then having cool paintball markers.

The average age of posters in this thread is twice the average age of pbnation, lets act like it.
    Last edited by boo; 11-18-2015 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post

you cared enough about it to follow me around and insult me. big evil cared enough about it to say i should be dead in a terrorist attack. and tuna cared enough about it to threaten to ban me over it. nice job moving the goal posts. it was not me who made this a big deal.

remember, i just stated what i thought was common knowledge, you guys decided to insult me over it. i was simply defending not based on innuendo and reputation, my post. im glad we can all agree it was, more or less, correct.

if i had not been viciously attacked by the membership, i would not have to defend my post.

i mean its a self fulfilling prophecy.

I post something, not attacking anyone, not with any condescending tone or insulting anyone or anything, and this post more or less contains common automag knowledge.

you guys attack it.

I have to explain further my post, cite evidence, and post it.

"oh Cockerpunk just always has to prove how smart he is .... blah blah blah"

well yeah, i do, because you guys attack me every time i post something. so i have to defend what i post, even moreso when its not an opinion but a discussion of facts (see also, debounce thread). and for some reason this makes me the *******?

i try to post helpful and common knowledge things now, but they still have around a 50% blow up rate of you guys attacking me for them. it seems even common knowledge and tech tips in order to help someone solve a problem or answer a question are fair game for these attacks. im just trying to help, and then im attacked and forced to defend myself, merely reinforcing your misunderstanding that im some arrogant ass. no, i just don't know what will trigger attack mode, and i have defend my statements, and i can, because they are mostly correct. i cant figure out how this is my fault.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 11-18-2015 at 10:28 PM.

you cared enough about it to follow me around and insult me. big evil cared enough about it to say i should be dead in a terrorist attack. and tuna cared enough about it to threaten to ban me over it. nice job moving the goal posts. it was not me who made this a big deal.

remember, i just stated what i thought was common knowledge, you guys decided to insult me over it. i was simply defending not based on innuendo and reputation, my post. im glad we can all agree it was, more or less, correct.

if i had not been viciously attacked by the membership, i would not have to defend my post.
    Lol... If "following" you is to go to a new post on a forum, that i actually JOINED before you, or was I just going to the newest post in a new or active post? Then why haven't i done it on MCB, PBN, Inception Designs forum or TechPB. Oh wait, the forst 2 you were banned from, Inception Designs- i was asked to lay off you & TechPb, is it even still around? Do not think highly of yourself. You are not that important for me to do that. I just like to see the hole you dig for yourself, in almost each and every post you make.

As for insulting, were have i done so here? Oh wait, if anyone disagrees with you, you take it as an insult. Look again, i asked a question that you haven't answered.

You are the mind of child that needs to know how a magician does a magic trick, instead of reveling in the art. AGD is alive, new products are still coming out, & even your offhanded comments of "the business model", are taken as offensive, not by me, but near an entire forum. Remember, the finger you point has 3 pointing back at you...

So you were proven wrong in your assumptions, your "common knowledge", yet you won't admit it. An intelligent person would accept the mistake and learn from it. Its a good show of character. Take the hint...

i mean its a self fulfilling prophecy.

I post something, not attacking anyone, not with any condescending tone or insulting anyone or anything, and this post more or less contains common automag knowledge.

you guys attack it.

I have to explain further my post, cite evidence, and post it.

"oh Cockerpunk just always has to prove how smart he is .... blah blah blah"

well yeah, i do, because you guys attack me every time i post something. so i have to defend what i post, even moreso when its not an opinion but a discussion of facts (see also, debounce thread). and for some reason this makes me the *******?

i try to post helpful and common knowledge things now, but they still have around a 50% blow up rate of you guys attacking me for them. it seems even common knowledge and tech tips in order to help someone solve a problem or answer a question are fair game for these attacks. im just trying to help, and then im attacked and forced to defend myself, merely reinforcing your misunderstanding that im some arrogant ass. no, i just don't know what will trigger attack mode, and i have defend my statements.
    Stop making wrong, stupid, or ignorant posts and you won't be attacked. If you are wrong say so, and learn something.

OMG Nobody cares!

No really, he actually does..

(Nobody.. I've wanted to say that for far too long.. Haha) Cheers man!

Dave got back to me again today, he did confirm that he just did a new batch of xvalves a few months ago. So, it will be a long time before he does another run. He says the cost to add color would probably be $100 on top of the standard valve price and it would need to be enough people to cover the $100's spent to set up and assemble a run.

So far we've gotten the following answers directly from the source
    Yes AGD is still in business, its being run by Dave Zupan who was the VP and Tom's right hand man.
    Yes they still service markers/honor warranties
    Yes, you can buy a new AGD marker but are seriously limited by color
    Yes, AGD is still producing new parts so they are more then boxes of old parts
    No, AGD does not machine their own parts (although as mentioned before, did they ever?)
    Maybe, with enough peoples money you can pay above and beyond the price of a normal xvalve to get colors.

And anyone with enough skills to use google maps can see they are run out of a house, whether that's a garage, toolshed, basement, whatever.

So there you have it, after all these posts of bickering, speculation pulled out of asses, being told its not our business, its probably just easier to ask the source some questions then posing it to a stupid forum. Hence why there's no reason for anyone from AGD to be active over here.