Thread: Easy going games in Florida?

Easy going games in Florida?

I haven't been able to play paintball since my car accident, and now my father has Leukemia.

I'd love to play again sometimes,,but am physically not what I was (and I'm only 36) and was wondering if there were any "soft games" in the Florida region (Gainesville closest the best) that are going down. I'd love to do a WaynesWorld year end event or Heroes andvVillians, but I just can't pull it off physically or be away from home for more than a day right now unfortunately.

I couldn't be the "drive and dive" kind of player I was, but wouldn't mind doing a little spray-and-pray from the back if my neck would let me just for kicks.

I always loved the "gearing-up" and prepping before the day started. Pulling on pads, playing pants/jerseys, loading pods and packs. And finally "dropping the lens" (putting the mask on). I have missed it for a while.

Any suggestions are welcome! I wouldn't mind meeting locals, going_home (cough, cough), or going somewhere to play.

I realize the s maybe should be in Friendly, so feel free to move as you need.

First Strike in Newberry , west of Gville

We have two charity games every month down here in the Brandon area, pretty laid back, but still fun.

Best one is the 2nd Saturday every month, and they may have one day after Christmas at that field too.

Never played First Strike or Old River in Ocklawaha.

Heard good things about both fields though.

I played old river alot and worked there for summer or two and lots if awesome teams that keep the games fair it's a great field for scenario games it has pretty flat grounds so so mobility will be easy. Wayne's world has hilly terrain but is a great field with a great cast for scenario games I've been playing there since 2006 along with old river paintball. For the last two years I've went to first strike with team on target scenario team and played some awesome games. Love the field great crew that runs the place. The terrain is rough very hilly but makes for a mix up of the other two parks

Yeah, been to Wayne's years ago. Great scenario fields! Somewhat challenging terrain in some areas.

I worked at a field in Newberry years ago called Thunder Bowl. Awesome field and good times!

I'll check out First Strike sometimes, there was also a field on Archer Road in Gainesville (near the edge) that used to be popular, but can't remember off the top of my head.

Regardless, Dad is at the top of the priority list these days. He's doing very well and may post some stuff in Friendly at one point.

Thanks all!

Is paintball still off limits at Blanding MOUT? I saw a rumor that it might come back. You could set up in a room there and make them dig you out.