Thread: haha, long time no see my automag!

haha, long time no see my automag!

Haha, I was in a retro mood after playing pump'd cocker (shooting sweet redemption) and then missing and jonesin this weekend, so I pulled out the olde mag and cleaned her up to maybe go old school this weekend. Last time I played it I had it in pump mode, but something was off, and I chucked her in the closet until yesterday. Cruel I was, cuz back in the day I would chuck my cocker so well timed at home, but shooting like poo on the field, and grab my mag...
    So I did a complete cleanup, swapping only one oring in the power tube, and drilling out the macrolide fitting to add some volume from the tank. I'm looking for a little bit bouncy bouncy to compete with the electos a little, ya know. I was still trying to figure out what to do with the old 16"AA barrel which seemed a little looser than I'd think I want... But first to make sure it's shooting, right?
    Gas her up, shoots nice, but recharge is lousy. So I decide to check in with you guys and see if you had some ideas.
    Then as I'm writing it up, it hits me in the head that I've been shooting a low output HPA system for years now for my shocker and my luxe.
    Duh. So I just checked it and sure enough 450psi. That was the problem when I was shooting it pump, and now I think I might be able to go back to it!
    So anyway, never mind the tech question. I hope. I'll borrow a High output bottle from the field Sunday and see how it shoots. Maybe I'll be back for some advice, but I hope not.

LMAO. Well... HI... BYE....

Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sup'?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveAnyc View Post
    and drilling out the macrolide fitting to add some volume from the tank.
    You surely did not do this right? The Macro fittings are not rated for high pressure as they are...never mind drilling one out to make it even thinner. You are going to kill someone...
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

I didn't go madhouse on it, just matched the width on the output side to the input side, so the walls themselves are not thinner except a very little at the bend. I've done it before, and I believe the hose will blow long before the fitting from over pressurization or wear, which of course we've all seen I'm sure. And I'm not going to run it SHP. If you have other experiences, I'm happy to hear them, though.
    I actually dropped in the ULE trigger, which as I recall wasn't meant for classic or old mag regs, though I don't know about the SmartMag body and the ULT, and happily even using the low output bottle I was able to trigger with seeming no audible inconsistency and certainly no choking, though I wasn't shooting paint so who knows.
    For all this I haven't found my feedback adaptor...

Heya Scott, hope you're still getting out there and playing ball. It's funny how going pump a few games for a few weeks (I have to credit shooting fresh redemptions cuz the shots have been perfect) has pushed me into complete OCD tinker mode. I never felt that with electros, ya know?
    Id love to see you on a field of paint again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveAnyc View Post
    Heya Scott, hope you're still getting out there and playing ball. It's funny how going pump a few games for a few weeks (I have to credit shooting fresh redemptions cuz the shots have been perfect) has pushed me into complete OCD tinker mode. I never felt that with electros, ya know?
    Id love to see you on a field of paint again soon!
    Still play 1-2 times a month... went to Cousins in NJ for Dark Ops last weekend... shot me Tac-1 and Tippmann former rental gun