Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Here Drive A Fast Car?!?

Anyone Here Drive A Fast Car?!?

Just trying to get a feel for some of the car guys in the Automag community.

Post up pics and specs!

Slow cars but fast motorcycles here.

Define fast, please... I have an old VW sandrail, a never ending rustbucket of a Jeep project, and a mostly stock '89 Skyline GT-R. How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleStasiu View Post
    Define fast, please... I have an old VW sandrail, a never ending rustbucket of a Jeep project, and a mostly stock '89 Skyline GT-R. How about you?
    Like a 9 or 10 second car. Is the GTR right hand drive?

I've got a 850 rwhp CTS-V and a 700 rwhp CTS-V. I'll be selling the less powerful one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Slow cars but fast motorcycles here.
    What kind of bikes? I used to have one but decided I was going to kill myself and went back to four wheels.

Well 4 wheels all I have is an old manual 4c S10.

As for bikes I've got an 08 hyabusa for riding 2 up with the wife.
    A 04 gsxr 600 for dragging knee with a few friends that road race.
    And a 1 off custom 200 wheel HP 05 gsxr 1000 that is a licensed drag bike. Soon to be a 250 wheel HP nitrous bike. My gas tank on my thousand is actually my little pic by my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Automag Ranger View Post
    Like a 9 or 10 second car. Is the GTR right hand drive?

I've got a 850 rwhp CTS-V and a 700 rwhp CTS-V. I'll be selling the less powerful one soon.

Definitely nothing that fast. Right hand, only way they came. Any lefty you see on the road is a conversion. Still on the fence about building it out to 8-900hp, or just selling it. Had it for close to 10yr now, and I've gotten a little tired of the attention it gets. But... It's been the #1 slot in my fantasy garage since ~1995. Worried I'll regret getting rid of it.

I really hope the grey CTS-V is the 850hp one, because that thing is just beautiful.

Does a '67 GTO with an LS powerplant count as a fast car?

Quote Originally Posted by stircrazzzy View Post
    Does a '67 GTO with an LS powerplant count as a fast car?
    I'd count that! Post some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleStasiu View Post
    Definitely nothing that fast. Right hand, only way they came. Any lefty you see on the road is a conversion. Still on the fence about building it out to 8-900hp, or just selling it. Had it for close to 10yr now, and I've gotten a little tired of the attention it gets. But... It's been the #1 slot in my fantasy garage since ~1995. Worried I'll regret getting rid of it.

I really hope the grey CTS-V is the 850hp one, because that thing is just beautiful.
    That's awesome. I'm sure you would regret it if you ever got rid of her.

And yes, the gray one is the more powerful one. It used to be black. Now it's painted Lamborghini Grigio Telesto. I've had a lot of nice, modded vehicles but the gray V gets the most attention by far.

I have a 870HP kenne bell supercharged 2004 corvette with 416 stroker engine. Its bad ass.

My car before that was a 1000HP twin turbo 2000 camaro ss

I built both of these cars. miles of billet parts on them i made

Quote Originally Posted by Xmagterror View Post
    I have a 870HP kenne bell supercharged 2004 corvette with 416 stroker engine. Its bad ass.

Sweet! Pics or it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmagterror View Post

oooh I remember these.

I would call my GTI quick, but not fast. 250 hp and 300 ft/lbs of torque makes for some fun spirited driving though.
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

I drive a stock 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera (350bhp).

fast cars are for slow drivers .... i really more into actually driving/racing cars, rather than HP battles.

i have a few cars, none that terribly "fast"

My porsche 944 turbo:

mr2 spyder:

and the winter beater:

116bhp is really enough on ice ...
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

really more into driving them fast than building them fast. im an instructor for the local track and autocross clubs.

i took very little go pro video this year at competition events, i find it mostly boring and go pros are a PITA but here is some from last year when the spyder was on streets:

and finally got the porsche together again late this fall for just a fun day style autocrosses, not part of the competition series:

Last edited by cockerpunk; 12-01-2015 at 02:11 PM.

944 is really a cruiser, versus a race car:

Fair enough argument about the HP vs speed. So I'll reiterate my earlier explanation.

My drag bike which has 200whp coupled with a 400lb curb weight has actually bested me a 9.7s quarter mile pass at 157 mph on 3 cylinders. (Fowld spark plug). And sadly I live in the land of 1/8 mile tracks. So no follow ups with fully functioning motor in 1/4. But it nets me consistent 5.7s at almost 130 mph on my local podunk track. Sadly riding to a local king of street race netted me a cracked oil pan when I bottomed it out. To which I burnt the #1 rod. So now I've got an over priced paper weight just waiting to be rebuilt and raced again.. . man I miss this bike...
    Last edited by blackdeath1k; 12-01-2015 at 02:52 PM.

My cars aren't dyno queens. I race ten regularly in 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile events. I can appreciate you wanting to go around cones, but I get way more adrenaline from a hard launch and going as fast as I can. Both of my V's have easily eclipsed 200 mph.

im currently contemplating buying a D mod class berkin. basically a lotus 7 clone with a modern duratec ford motor (~170hp @ 1250 lbs):

that exact car actually ...

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    im currently contemplating buying a D mod class berkin. basically a lotus 7 clone with a modern duratec ford motor (~170hp):

that exact car actually ...
    That looks like a ton of fun. I will admit I've heavily considered an Ariel Atom.

That looks like a ton of fun. I will admit I've heavily considered an Ariel Atom.
    if you want to have fun dont buy/build cars ... buy seat time, safety gear, and tires. lots of tires.

an atom is a huge waste of money.

if you want to have fun dont buy/build cars ... buy seat time, safety gear, and tires. lots of tires.

Got a small fortune in leathers and geār.

Although a said vehicle may be a waste of money. If its the said vehicle that gets your panties wet every time you get behind the wheel its still the right choice.

As for strait line or curves. I love both. But it is also a totally different thrill with each.

No, thank you. My fun comes from buying a car then building it exactly the way I want it - which happens to be fast. I understand that's your recipe for fun, but I don't happen to agree that it fits mine.

And I've driven a couple Atoms and loved every second of it. Again, your fun vs. mine.

Got a small fortune in leathers and geār.

Although a said vehicle may be a waste of money. If its the said vehicle that gets your panties wet every time you get behind the wheel its still the right choice.

As for strait line or curves. I love both. But it is also a totally different thrill with each.
    1. unless you are national title quality driver, you are gonna run out of talent before you run out of car

2. you can build/buy turnkey MUCH faster cars than an atom for less than half the price.

3. if your going to spend 80+ grand, go actually racing. spec miata, spec e30, spec Z .... so many good cheap racing series.

No, thank you. My fun comes from buying a car then building it exactly the way I want it - which happens to be fast. I understand that's your recipe for fun, but I don't happen to agree that it fits mine.

And I've driven a couple Atoms and loved every second of it. Again, your fun vs. mine.
    I've got to agree on the build deal. I've designed and built just about everything with my toys. As it sounds you do with yours. I get as much fun out of the build as riding/driving them.

1. unless you are national title quality driver, you are gonna run out of talent before you run out of car

2. you can build/buy turnkey MUCH faster cars than an atom for less than half the price.

3. if your going to spend 80+ grand, go actually racing. spec miata, spec e30, spec Z .... so many good cheap racing series.
    May be. But if them don't give you the love of the vehicle they are not for you. As ranger said. Your love and my love are not always the same. That's the beauty of choice.

I've got to agree on the build deal. I've designed and built just about everything with my toys. As it sounds you do with yours. I get as much fun out of the build as riding/driving them.
    the way i see it, is you build a car to the rulebook. and then you go race. all of my cars are heavily modified (with the exception of the miata), but they are built to, or being built to a rulebook. because then you settle it on the track.

anything else is wealth worship to me, not skills improvement. making a fast car is no secret, nothing terribly complicated about it, you just need money. when im riding the bumper of a 800 hp ZR1 every lap at the track, or raw timing a GT3 in autocross, and im not even a top tier driver locally, i mean, i have a tough time with why in the world those builds matter. i don't really get what the point is.

when it comes to cars, the two Ts are the most important ... talent and tires.

but then my collecting paintball guns for the sake of them has ended too. now im really just more interested in playing paintball, not gun whoring. i guess i'd just rather DO rather than OWN. same thing with cars, i'd rather race them and improve my skills as a driver, than with no restrictions, build a car.

instead of an atom i'd be shopping for this kind of stuff

http://www.racingjunk.com/GT/1825937...NSHIP-CAR.html

and just go GT racing.