Thread: Do you hate it?

Do you hate it?

Name:  tester1.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  23.7 KBName:  tester.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  22.9 KB

shoot me your thoughts good or bad.

this is not a thread to tell me how to design stuff though.

Looks ribbed for her pleasure.

that was probably one of the few things that was going to derail this thread,

Never been a fan of the chord style bodies, which this kind of resembles to me. But I know some people love them so take it at face value.

The angle of the ridges is too vertical for my taste.

Also, the cut on the back of the body where the valve goes in is too vertical as well... I think it contrasts with the ridges.

I like the rounded front, that's different... but it should be more swept back at the top of the body to flow with the ridge angels.

Do the body and rail sandwich together to complete the body/rail combo? Almost looks like the body doesn't go completely around.
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

Quote Originally Posted by zondo View Post
    The angle of the ridges is too vertical for my taste.

Also, the cut on the back of the body where the valve goes in is too vertical as well... I think it contrasts with the ridges.

I like the rounded front, that's different... but it should be more swept back at the top of the body to flow with the ridge angels.

Do the body and rail sandwich together to complete the body/rail combo? Almost looks like the body doesn't go completely around.
    yes they will sandwich,( or would if made)

yeah i need more contouring.
    just playing around. ill ad some more aesthetics as i go.
    ill se if i can kick the cuts back more

id rather see something way different. nothing ripper,chord 1 or 2, or the other one that was done by niche.

what about something closer to what venomous was doing but in am/mm length.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    id rather see something way different. nothing ripper,chord 1 or 2, or the other one that was done by niche.

what about something closer to what venomous was doing but in am/mm length.
    yeah could do that I guess.
    wasn't trying to imitate anyone just throwing stuff around.

To my eye that is too monotonous. For me the most eye pleasing designs so far are Karta, Dallara and Cnc x-mag. What would really caught my interest is something with sleek and flowing form language with hidden detents (PE maybe?) possibly option for eyes. I'd probably look super cars for design language ideas.

Think how or what will go onto it, with it and design it with a little forethought on the finished product. How will it look with an intelliframe or a forefrip, or a set of Emag lowers.

Because the overall design is literally a tube on top of a piece of square stock, envisioning how all the parts go together will give better results. Not easy, but better than than just slapping parts together.

Quote Originally Posted by zondo View Post
    Are there any technical challenges to do a single piece xmag style vs a slug and rail 2 piece? I like railed and single piece mags equally (I own both) but each has its own unique style. I've never been a fan of the 2 piece bodies that try to look like 1 piece.

I like the design, but it begs for a 1 piece body.

That being said, are there any cad drawings available for the euromag blank? I've seen the sluggo cad, but id like to try a design with a one piece body. Technically what would stop you from transferring this design to a 1 piece body and producing that?

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Looks ribbed for her pleasure.
    Same was said about the XMT Ripper when I designed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    Are there any technical challenges to do a single piece xmag style vs a slug and rail 2 piece? I like railed and single piece mags equally (I own both) but each has its own unique style. I've never been a fan of the 2 piece bodies that try to look like 1 piece.

I like the design, but it begs for a 1 piece body.

That being said, are there any cad drawings available for the euromag blank? I've seen the sluggo cad, but id like to try a design with a one piece body. Technically what would stop you from transferring this design to a 1 piece body and producing that?
    nothing is stoping me from making a one piece, I forget if it was XMT who said its more expensive to do a one piece body,
    or I could be totally wrong.

I just wanted to get a real feel from the people I will be offering parts to.

this one realistically need a lot more work.

I would like to do a unibody. ill work on that next.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Think how or what will go onto it, with it and design it with a little forethought on the finished product. How will it look with an intelliframe or a forefrip, or a set of Emag lowers.

Because the overall design is literally a tube on top of a piece of square stock, envisioning how all the parts go together will give better results. Not easy, but better than than just slapping parts together.
    As the picture is right now, I thought "meatloaf". Imagining it with ano and maybe a matching (thick) frame, it starts to look a lot better. Orange with a black wash, "infection", or a caterpillar-ish green splash. Ah, sushi dragon roll ano.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    As the picture is right now, I thought "meatloaf". Imagining it with ano and maybe a matching (thick) frame, it starts to look a lot better. Orange with a black wash, "infection", or a caterpillar-ish green splash. Ah, sushi dragon roll ano.
    I like that illustration.
    ohh maybe ill just make a one off lol

"Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Reminds me of the Bling Bling products automag body...

When people design mag bodies, you should always be conscience of what they will look like was a complete gun.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    When people design mag bodies, you should always be conscience of what they will look like was a complete gun.
    for sure
    I have all the parts in cad to model whole guns

I like it would be interested to see what it would look like built up to a complete gun