Or get an electronic gun

What is really driving this is my son, he loves playing speed ball
    Someone is going to give him an electric gun
    So knowing him, his mag will just sit in the bag

I do hold my own when I'm up against an electric
    My gut says Mag

What are your thoughts!!!!!

Mag. Always.

What do you genuinely want? A neat unique marker, or simply something functional?

I've used RTs for years. In the last couple years I caved and moved strictly to cost effective function. I came to a point in my game due to a junk shoulder that I either had to spend a chunk of cash on a light mag or buy something electric. I love my Geo3. It's feather light and functions well. But It has no soul. My choice was right for me. But that doesn't mean a mag can't be just as light and functional and VERY unique.
    Last edited by blackdeath1k; 06-09-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Back to the car analogy here. Would you rather have a 66 Mustang or a 2017 Mustang? 66 would be much cooler, unless you have to drive through Death Valley and take phone calls.

I own a classic valve mag and several e-guns. To be honest the mag is almost always the first one I reach for. To quote my grandpa (who I'm sure is paraphrasing someone else) you can only use one tool at a time. Make it the tool that gives you the most pleasure and you are the most skilled with. Try out some of the newer guns if you can. Yeah, they're light. They're efficient, they're quiet and smooth, but like the man said they lack soul. There is just no feeling like a perfectly set up mech. I find that when I play pump, mech or electro semi I'm about as effective with each. It truly only takes one ball. The difference I find is how much paint I have to buy that day.

In my earlier days of paintball, I could not understand the need to have so many markers, especially those which were very similar.
    As pointed out by others, they each have their own unique feel and personality or soul and sometimes you reach for what you're in the mood for at the time.

Is this pneumag that you speak of yours or your son's? If yours, are you thinking of upgrading so that you can compete with everyone else on the field?
    In my experience, I have always done best when playing with something I'm the most comfortable using, regardless of who I am up against. Usually that means either a pump marker or a mech mag. When equipped with an electro, I always felt like I was haphazardly spraying paint all over the field and actually found the lighter weight to make the marker feel more clumsy (to me).

Before jumping to any decision, try playing with an electro first. You may like it or not.

Having said all that, upgrade your mag too You can use the leftover parts to make another!

Hey BigEvil do you have any lightweight bodes you want to part with
    I enjoy my mag and yes i have the pneumag

Quote Originally Posted by Scottprocurot View Post
    Hey BigEvil do you have any lightweight bodes you want to part with
    I enjoy my mag and yes i have the pneumag
    Not sure if you meant this for me or for BigEvil (who is a completely different guy), but I do happen to have a gloss black ULE body w/ ccm feedneck. Send me a pm if interested.

Why not both

I'd say mag, but I'm a mag guy and I don't like sacrificing 'shoot by feel' to switch to another platform.

Level 10 is a game changer for mags. I find myself being overly cautious when using a Level 7 mag because I'm worried about chops, even with a fast loader. But with a well-tuned Level 10, that doubt is gone and I feel unleashed.

my gut says stay mag
    So I will play with only mag
    Because it has SOUL
    Thanks mag friends

I like both.

I use a mag for mech play and something Planet Eclipse for electronic....