Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Introducing The Deflator

Thats different.

Played with it yet old guy ?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Thats different.

Played with it yet old guy ?
    Not yet Son, just got it back from anno yesterday. I need to figure out how I want to plumb it, and give it a tune up.

Walker
    O.F.P.P.A. - OLD FARTS PAINTBALL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION
    When you wrap-up the day with beer and Bengay.

Another finished Deflator
    The Sith Deflator (MCB shawnhaskel)

I like the antique look.
    Last edited by luke; 03-02-2017 at 10:21 PM.

saw that on FB.
    It's a perfect anno for the marker. Having the red distressing is super sweet!

Got the other set of pieces from Luke in today, I'm still deciding on what I want to do for finishing.

(click for more)

Split between doing it all black, or completely polished and clearcoated, or silvery with blue and red accents like an Amtrak.

Also this trigger feels amazing.

And thanks to Luke for emailing back and forth so much already helping me figure out when/how/what to do.

If you have the funds I would pick up an inception feedneck depending on what hopper you are using. My spire is a little small for the stock one but the inception one wasn't out when I got mine annoed. If your hopper fits nicely then you don't need to worry

Not sure if Simon changed his design compared to the Empire feedneck, but I designed mine with a larger diameter because I literally had to use a pry-bar to fit my HALO in the Empire neck. That said the Spire must be pretty small if the Deflator wont tighten down.

What is the diameter of the Spire neck?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Not sure if Simon changed his design compared to the Empire feedneck, but I designed mine with a larger diameter because I literally had to use a pry-bar to fit my HALO in the Empire neck. That said the Spire must be pretty small if the Deflator wont tighten down.

What is the diameter of the Spire neck?
    The design is the same, except in width & height. The inner diameter and mounting are still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BOB View Post
    If you have the funds I would pick up an inception feedneck depending on what hopper you are using. My spire is a little small for the stock one but the inception one wasn't out when I got mine annoed. If your hopper fits nicely then you don't need to worry
    Already have a Nummech neck I bought for use on another ULE body. My current hopper is an old first-gen Rotor though I have been eyeing the LT-R too.

I don't have any exact way to measure. It seems fairly small though. Even with the feedneck tightened all the way I'd still be a bit worried about it holding a full spire 260 firmly. I'm not opposed to a strip of electrical around the hopper neck just to be safe. I have a pinokio if I ever get too concerned.

Any new builds?

Still working on this one. Almost done getting the pieces themselves, straight fitting for the foregrip bottom is on the way.

By the way, the Tanto barrel was really really stiff threading into the body, but fit in every other Cocker-threaded marker I have just fine, and all other Cocker-threaded barrels fit this body. Must be the perfect match of peaks and valleys or something. Lithium grease out of my Hammerhead kit slathered on the threads allowed it to thread in smoothly so seems not to be a problem.

the way, the Tanto barrel was really really stiff threading into the body, but fit in every other Cocker-threaded marker I have just fine, and all other Cocker-threaded barrels fit this body.
    I bought 5 of those barrels. If you inspect the threads with a magnifying glass you'll see they're a little gnarly, I chucked mine up on my knee mill and dressed the threads with steel wool, smoothed them right out.