Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Introducing The Deflator

This first gun up is gorgeous!

I'm starting to get mine ready now, but I have a quick question about the bottom fitting from the ASA to the LPR grip. What style fitting is everyone using? Straight or 90*? Or maybe an angled connector like this http://www.tippmannparts.com/1-8th-I...lbow-p/965.htm or http://www.valleyhydraulic.com/Store...t-418p4364.htm

Also, while I am partial to the X on the valve, should I consider getting it ano'd to match, or is that an Automag faux pas? Without spoiling my anodizing choice, let's just say it's going to be colorful, but with a black base, so the black valve wouldn't be too out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by cortexparasite View Post
    I'm starting to get mine ready now, but I have a quick question about the bottom fitting from the ASA to the LPR grip. What style fitting is everyone using? Straight or 90*?
    It will need to be a straight fitting coming out the bottom of your LPR-FG. One that can be installed with an allen key, Micro or Macro fittings is what it was designed for.

This first gun up is gorgeous!

I'm starting to get mine ready now, but I have a quick question about the bottom fitting from the ASA to the LPR grip. What style fitting is everyone using? Straight or 90*? Or maybe an angled connector like this http://www.tippmannparts.com/1-8th-I...lbow-p/965.htm or http://www.valleyhydraulic.com/Store...t-418p4364.htm

Also, while I am partial to the X on the valve, should I consider getting it ano'd to match, or is that an Automag faux pas? Without spoiling my anodizing choice, let's just say it's going to be colorful, but with a black base, so the black valve wouldn't be too out of place.
    Its your valve, do with as you please.

With that, if you part the gun or need money, a anno'd matched valve is going to be less than a regular X valve. Loss of the factory serial numbers, markings and overall aestetics is a detriment to some. Also, you need to fully dissassemble the valve. No orings, no non-aluminium parts etc. If you are unsure then it might not be the best choice. Not that its hard but more of chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Its your valve, do with as you please.
    I agree, it's entirely up to you. However a custom valve would look pretty cool.

The only concern I know of would be removing the steel pin. I have no idea how hard it would be, I've never tried myself.

its easier for everyone to just have your ano guy tape the pin off, it may have a slight blemish around it but its never seen when installed on a marker...

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    It will need to be a straight fitting coming out the bottom of your LPR-FG. One that can be installed with an allen key, Micro or Macro fittings is what it was designed for.
    Can be done with 90 degree macro as well but you need a raiser part in between.

https://flic.kr/p/zUzwAG

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    Can be done with 90 degree macro as well but you need a raiser part in between.

https://flic.kr/p/zUzwAG
    Wow. What a beautiful mag

That certainly looks like it would work. I've got plenty of fittings lying around, so I'll check and see once everything is done. I just needed to know whether or not to send off an extra CCM fitting to be matched. I guess I will, even if it doesn't work out.

I agree, it's entirely up to you. However a custom valve would look pretty cool.
    It's going to be a tough choice for me. That X is an instantly recognizable symbol of bad ass, but I can always buy another valve, while I can only get it match ano'd once. *sigh*

Wow. What a beautiful mag

That certainly looks like it would work. I've got plenty of fittings lying around, so I'll check and see once everything is done. I just needed to know whether or not to send off an extra CCM fitting to be matched. I guess I will, even if it doesn't work out.
    Thanks. I used one of these to raise it, had to round off the edges in order for it to fit though. Then I just locktited it to the bottom of ccm fitting and screwed on the lpr with teflon tape.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/11...0b49_large.png

I lucked out with the ano on mine and the black x valve is perfect. I had considered getting it done also but decided against it.

I was hoping to see some completed markers by now, anyone else send theirs out for anodizing?

I sent mine off a week ago, but I don't expect it back for some time. I'll definitely want to share it when it arrives though!

I spy a 10 minute old post on FB. Very Cool.

I dont have facebook luke. What do u see??

I should let the owner post it, he likely hasn't seen it yet.

It very celestial looking.

It sure looks good

That really is a cool ano job.
    The user formally known as Lancecst.

I see you guys beat me to it. I was waiting to put it together! But here are some high resolution shots I got from the good sir at Caustic Customs. I was speechless when he first sent me the link to the album. I can't wait to see it in person!
    *EDIT* If someone knows how to upload larger versions of the photos, I can send them the 5mb copies

Name:  DSC06960.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  64.3 KB
    Name:  DSC06961.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  89.5 KB
    Name:  DSC06964.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  134.3 KB
    Name:  DSC06969.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  103.8 KB

How did you two come up with that design?

Wow, does that need wiped down ?

Its covered with some kind of white spray....

How did you two come up with that design?
    I knew I wanted a space theme, so I pointed at some of his previous designs, namely a Vanquish. I also suggested he take inspiration from some of the photos when one Google searches "nebula". The Deflator body and LPR foregrip offer so many nice flat spots for creating images.

I have no artistic talent myself, so all I could do was point at a few examples and say go to town!

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Wow, does that need wiped down ?

Its covered with some kind of white spray....
    The white dots are supposed to be stars.

Huge thanks to Luke for the body kit and extra help putting it all together, and to Stephen at Caustic Customs for the work of art. Shout out to Inception Designs for their awesome barrels!

Name:  IMAG0224.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  62.8 KB

.... and a black xvlave?? DA'FUQ MANG?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    .... and a black xvlave?? DA'FUQ MANG?
    I wrestled with this question for many a day. Ultimately, since the valve was brand new, I figured it was best to leave it alone.

Maybe that was the wrong decision... but I still think it looks cool.

I kind of like the black valve on there. It breaks it up a little. Perhaps you could get a second trigger and have that anodized black as well.

Gray base, with a copper splash. I also have a matching Freak back (Doc Nickels) to go with it.

The anno was done by Blizzard.....

Tim
    O.F.P.P.A. - OLD FARTS PAINTBALL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION
    When you wrap-up the day with beer and Bengay.

Yup! Still my favorate mag body.

Love the ano, thanks for the pictures.

Actually like the anno...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Actually like the anno...
    I can't take credit for the scheme. I gave Rob free rein to use his imagination.

I'm quite pleased with the outcome....

Walker