Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing The Deflator

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    is that portion of the feedneck something that would fit the empire necks?
    I ask because the adapters that someone here made a while back are now very difficult to find, but still very useful for springfeed projects.
    If I can mount an Empire springfeed on that feedneck part, I'll buy a few of them and I think many others would too.
    You mean these?
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...r!!LIMITED-RUN

Completely forgot, but another reason to keep that body for now: A scrap body to design a pump!

I have an idea as to how it might be done (would work on any unibody or similar, but would have a more visible pump mechanism though) and it would probably use something closer to an autococker pumpkit due to placement of the pump rod.

Quote Originally Posted by BiNumber3 View Post
    Completely forgot, but another reason to keep that body for now: A scrap body to design a pump! I have an idea as to how it might be done (would work on any unibody or similar, but would have a more visible pump mechanism though) and it would probably use something closer to an autococker pumpkit due to placement of the pump rod.
    I will design a pump marker, but this platform will need to be reworked specifically with a pump in mind. Once you see the design in full you will understand why. I really don't need to fool with this particular body, if you saw my work bench you would see why.

Ok lol

Quote Originally Posted by BiNumber3 View Post
    Completely forgot, but another reason to keep that body for now: A scrap body to design a pump!

I have an idea as to how it might be done (would work on any unibody or similar, but would have a more visible pump mechanism though) and it would probably use something closer to an autococker pumpkit due to placement of the pump rod.
    or you could make an insert plate that has the channel profile and just mill the underneath out.
    and mount it.
    but that's probably wrong.

For the weight this thing is at I suspect the under side of this thing is gutted already.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    For the weight this thing is at I suspect the under side of this thing is gutted already.
    right but it being a pump those 2D paths can be modified.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I would like to but I have a super busy summer, two big personal projects and lots of paintball stuff in the works...
    All work and no play makes Matthew a dull boy.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    All work and no play makes Matthew a dull boy.
    Who is this Matthew you speak of? lol

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    right but it being a pump those 2D paths can be modified.
    Not sure what a tool path has to do with the ability to pump mill the current design?
    I have already stated that it is not possible on this body as it is currently machined. It would be the same situation as trying to pump mill a rail that has been ule milled, only worse. Yes, (yes) it can in theory be done but it's easier just to machine a new rail or buy one that is not ule milled. I'm sure if someone wanted to put a great deal of effort and money into figuring out how to do it, it would be possible. But it would be easier and cost much less just to machine another slug body with the intent of building a pump body. Which was my point from the beginning with this particular prototype body.

Not sure what a tool path has to do with the ability to pump mill the current design?
    I have already stated that it is not possible on this body as it is currently machined. It would be the same situation as trying to pump mill a rail that has been ule milled, only worse. Yes, (yes) it can in theory be done but it's easier just to machine a new rail or buy one that is not ule milled. I'm sure if someone wanted to put a great deal of effort and money into figuring out how to do it, it would be possible. But it would be easier and cost much less just to machine another slug body with the intent of building a pump body. Which was my point from the beginning with this particular prototype body.
    yeah ,
    I responded wrong . yes correct you can not put material back.

Quote Originally Posted by river031403 View Post
    Yup, those.

So how bout it, Luke?

Yup, those.

So how bout it, Luke?
    How many do you want?

Yes I can make them (obviously) but I need to focus on the Slug/Deflator body project first. I would want to make a few small adjustments to the design to fit the Empire feedneck perfectly but no big deal. I'll make and stock them (no preorder) as long as I'm not stepping on rivers toes.

Hey thank you for the consideration...I'm cool with it I have too much going on with kids sports and work

Ok. I have read entire thread and cannot find a price for an entire marker. I probably missed as reading is not my strong suit. Shooting dayspring is. Can someone please let me in on the secret.

No secrete, money talk is not allowed in "paintball talk" plus were not exactly through the prototype stage of the project. The prototyping design is 99% done, just in the process making sure there's no mistakes in the design and programing. Parts of production that are not subject to changes are being done while making the last prototype needed for final testing. It seems as if things are going slow but but things are moving along behind the scenes. Pricing will be addressed once everything is ironed out, but the project is in full swing and were on the down hill side. Making headway everyday.

is that portion of the feedneck something that would fit the empire necks?
    I ask because the adapters that someone here made a while back are now very difficult to find, but still very useful for springfeed projects.
    If I can mount an Empire springfeed on that feedneck part, I'll buy a few of them and I think many others would too.
    I decided to go ahead and make a limited run of these (however many I can get out of the material I have) they are coming off the milling machine right now. Will be available later tonight, link will be in the dealer thread to purchase through my website.

Empire mount ring with Angel threads.

Got them done, but I'm zapped and am going to call it a day. I'll post them up for sale in the morning.

Empire-Angel feedtube mounts are up for sale in the dealer forum>> https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...Feedneck-Mount

Empire-Angel feedtube mounts are up for sale in the dealer forum>> https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...Feedneck-Mount
    I know this was a sideline from the main project, but thank you for doing this.

No problem, not sure if it's a "sideline" part or not. Could be I just include them with the body kit as is or I still may (most likely I will) redesign a feedneck to use with it. Whatever the final decision I'll address it after I finish the remaining prototype parts.

Just a little update, still working on this 7 days a week, actually I'm completely sick of the project so that can only mean we're getting close to wrapping it up! (lol) Making lots of progress behind the scenes, everything at this point looks like it's dialed in from design, fit, finish and machining. All of the production fixtures are designed and have been proven out. (Big hurdle) My biggest holdup in the entire process has been waiting on vendors for hardware, tooling and materials. There have been many changes in that regard so (constantly) waiting on orders has extended the completion of these bodies, but we are getting closer. Some of the production work is getting done on the stuff that wont be subject to changes so when the green light goes on it should move quick. Rest assured the project is continually moving forward.

hot damn I can't wait

I believe all the testing is done, it looks like everything is dialed in.
    I have a stack of paperwork I have to go through and start plugging in the numbers to price this out. Not really sure how many of these Deflators I should make, is anyone still interested?

I guess I can go ahead release a more info on the design that I've been keeping under wraps.

Release! Release!!

Quote Originally Posted by Billz804 View Post
    Release! Release!!
    Seconded!

This was my test platform, I used the T-Rex and a LPR-FG I use for all pneu-mag testing. The hidden sear and detent seemed to work flawlessly. The marker chronos fine, well over 300 fps.

Bottom, assembled

Detent

Maxed out ULE bottom

Carrier assembly
    Last edited by luke; 06-22-2016 at 05:25 PM.

Good work man.

WOW, very nice!

Under valve ULE cuts, over all it equates to a small weight savings but it all adds up.