Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing The Deflator

Beautiful setup.......

Now if he would just offer satin black anodized parts I could send an Xvalve and get back a marker.....

The only way I can do anodizing is if I sell a complete order of bodies which would be a total of 30. I just can't afford to sit on the added over head expense of ano. I only expected to sell maybe 10 bodies but at this point it looks like the Deflator will never make it to production anyway with no one expressing interest. I'm currently leaning towards finishing the slug bodies and moving on to other projects until I figure out what to do with the slugs. I'm just too burned out on the project to think about a new design at this point...
    Last edited by luke; 06-23-2016 at 01:25 PM.

It's beautiful as is... If they go to production, I'll take one...

Walker
    O.F.P.P.A. - OLD FARTS PAINTBALL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION
    When you wrap-up the day with beer and Bengay.

I'm down for one

Thanks guys.

Any interest posted here will dictate my next move. No minimum numbers required.

The only change I have planned at this time is to leave off the slotted cuts on the top, the design just feels cleaner without it.

I'm in for one.

This is neither a uni-body or a standard automag setup, so how would the design be classified?

If I missed it I apologize. What is the cost you are associating with this build?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    This is neither a uni-body or a standard automag setup, so how would the design be classified?
    Hybrid...... Or: "The Deflator"...

Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jlp6 View Post
    If I missed it I apologize. What is the cost you are associating with this build?
    I'm working on the numbers right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Hybrid...... Or: "The Deflator"... Walker
    I will be using the name "Deflator" for this body design but I was trying to figure out a category name for a look-alike/fake uni-body that has a rail, that I've renamed as the "carrier plate" in order to avoid any confusion caused by calling it a rail. lol
    Last edited by luke; 06-23-2016 at 09:11 PM.

looks awesome. i had no idea it had a whole secret compartment!

count me as interested.

Sort of similar to the Axe slightly, and its gas transfer plate.

Since its a new design, name it what you want.

How about Umag (ULE'd).

Interested here as well

Count me down for one! I'm planning on getting it anodized through Caustic Customs.

Speaking of ano, are there enough people interested in getting this done in satin black that we could try to work some kind of group deal with an anodizer, and just have luke's send them straight to ano and then to us?

also, i liked the backstory on where the name for OLTR came from. where does "the deflator" come from?

also, i liked the backstory on where the name for OLTR came from.
    Years ago I found a T-Rex toy at a salvage yard in the trunk of a car. It was long forgotten under a pile of rubble, it was filthy and missing an arm and leg, I found the irony humorous. When I got home glued it to the top of my CNC control in honor of TK because he "digs" (pun intended) dinosaur bones. T-Rex was my little overseer and my constant companion for years and still is. So after I developed my "pneu-mag firing doohickey" in order to get peoples attention I started a thread with the name "One Legged T-Rex The Overseer" to get peoples attention. I deleted the original thread because one individual here decided to take a dump in the thread. He was arguing I intended to sell the part before sufficient testing was done. The whole idea in and of itself was ludicrous but he wouldn't shut up. I ask the mods for help but was denied, so I deleted the thread and started over. That sucked because it was an interesting thread.

Anyway, I originally had a different name picked out for it but people didn't like it, so when someone suggested we call it the One Legged T-Rex it stuck.

Individually each part represents a test that didn't pass muster. And for the record I'm STILL testing these, every one that has left the building has been tested at least twice on different occasions.

where does "the deflator" come from?

It comes from BigEvil giving me crap about my design.
    See post #6 on the first page of this thread.
    Last edited by luke; 06-24-2016 at 01:05 PM.

any chance you're selling just the angel threaded empire feedneck rings?

Quote Originally Posted by capt spank View Post
    any chance you're selling just the angel threaded empire feedneck rings?
    Indeed>> http://www.lukescustoms.com/empire-a...ube-mount.html

I brought up fair and vaild points, yet you wish to bash me? The mods did nothing cause no rules trangression was there. I asked questions, you failed to answer them. If you truly wish someone to take a dump on the thread, i can. It is easy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I brought up fair and vaild points, yet you wish to bash me? The mods did nothing cause no rules trangression was there. I asked questions, you failed to answer them. If you truly wish someone to take a dump on the thread, i can. It is easy enough.
    No one would have known I was talking about you, but right on Que you pointed that fact out.
    Your points were not valid, the only validity was made up in your own mind. You completely ignored and twisted my words to suit your point. You have no idea what goes on behind the scenes or the effort, level of testing or cost it takes to develop a new product and bring it to market. Because I chose not to argue with you does not validate your point of view. To me it's like arguing with a 5 year old that the moon is not made of cheese. Not only is it a waste of my time but it bores me to no end as I have no patience or room in my mind for people like you that stir the pot for your own entertainment. Your entire argument was I had plans of releasing a product before sufficient testing was done. What an absolutely absurd and moronic point of view to assume you know my intent beyond a shadow of a doubt. Even posting the picture showing the amount of testing done is not enough to shut you up.

I dropped in at CCI one day, and Mike Casady showed me the most expensive parts bin he had, both in time, materials, and labor. It was about 16"W x 16"L x 12"H and represented $60k in investment.

It wasn't production parts, it was the bin full of prototypes....

Walker

I believe it.

And yet, you were mentioning me, not by name but by action.

From what i remember(really wish no one got butt hurt and deleted thread ), you did no testing at that point. Never said you were not, or never, but you were showing what was a near production part, without any due diligence. That is wrong. Not only for yourself but for any person buying this. I had hoped that you could see what i was saying as a challenge, not so much to say you are wrong and i am right, but wanting you to have the data, in all conceivable forms to stop a possible problem down the line. Sorry, i will play devil's advocate, if you didn't see that, nor i told you, then i don't know what to tell you.

For me, it does not matter if its a machinist or a potential buyer. You as a seller with a product you made, should answer any and all questions asked. If you do not have the answers, then why should any one buy your products?

I for one, am not bashing the work you have done. Far from it. Yet, do not assume that i know nothing about it. I have seen the bins of products of parts, unfinished products and failed pieces from various machinists in the paintball industry. As well as the can of damaged parts that didn't make the cut, so to speak. Not to mention the fact that i make my own ICD wiring harnesses. Mine are custom & production harnesses. I rather listen to all my detractors, than the fan boys. Cause they are going to tell me i need to know.

So yeah, my questions matter. Just as everyone's questions matter. You choose to include me here, so now you have me.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I would classify it as "not compatible".

The classification only has two purposes: either it's a marketing gimmick that yields no effective value ("OMG IT'S UNIBODY!"), or it's there to clearly describe a break in compatibility. I.e. there are things about this product which might break typical expectations of part compatibility.

I'm not saying the break in compatibility is necessarily a bad thing, just speaking more to people getting a little too caught up in naming this and classification that and failing to see the forest for the trees.

The rail thing is a neat idea. I can see that if you wanted, you could adjust the bias in the sear pin to be, say, slightly up or down, which is a tuning feature I've kind of wanted as well.

I figured that was about the direction you were going with the detent (since that was the only direction you could have mounted one without being externally visible). I've found there are... a few potential dangers to having a direct-acting (that's my name for one that is directly parallel to the feed) detent. Might depend on a few variables.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Is the sear itself from another paintball gun or something custom? I don't remember if you already answered that in the past.
    The user formally known as Lancecst.

The sear is a standard AGD sear with a bushing and no modifications. The body is designed to AGD operational specifications I just did it differently.