Thread: Royal Ripper

Royal Ripper

I wanted to make something as stubby and compact as I could while still being basically a normal automag (hence the 9" barrel and the ludicrous out of style drop forward hehe). The picture does not quite give justice I think to how short it is.

Purple and gold, that's royal colors, right? Pity a picture never brings out the sparklyness of powder coating. Try to imagine it!

Other things of note: ripper style body and rail, 9" FLASC barrel with its wirecutter tip, x-valve and level 10 bolt, the Ninja tank has a SHP reg on it. The foregrip... it's a solid ball of 6061 aluminum. Heh. Not much technology involved in THAT, but its definitely not something you see every day.

Thoughts and suggestions? I consider it complete, but there can always be more done...

Looks like it was inspired from nature?.....
    Royal grouse?

Quote Originally Posted by river031403 View Post
    Looks like it was inspired from nature?.....
    Royal grouse?
    hilarious, it really is. You should call it the Grouse Rouster.

MOTY3
    Out of style or not Drop Forwards are awesome and give the set up balance and keep things nice and tight . How is the ball grip attached ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shibdude View Post
    hilarious, it really is. You should call it the Grouse Rouster.
    Kinda reminds me of "bumper nuts" you know the ones that hang on the back of people's truck bumpers

im sure its probably comfy grip, lol, i just couldnt cradle the ball while i stroke the trigger 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    Out of style or not Drop Forwards are awesome and give the set up balance and keep things nice and tight . How is the ball grip attached ?
    It's tapped the same way one of Luke's foregrips is.

Would love to see some more angles or a picture of it in hand. Looks hella comfy

Pretty nice, and very interesting foregrip!

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    I use the tank as a stock and prefer no drop forward.

But the Ninja SL tanks are shorter too though....