Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marker Bids Site

Exclamation Marker Bids Site

Interesting thread over on that speedball site :

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post92887417

sucks for Mike... I hate seeing anyone go through divorce.
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

WOW. $3,000 is a problem for a "business" to just come up with out of pocket. LOL. He's lost WAY more than $3,000 in bad press, hurt feelings, and lost sales. Dummy.

Yup, only in "paintball' does the normal laws of business go out the window.

Very interesting

always told mike that penny auction site was a disaster waiting to happen. just so easy for someone's feelings to be hurt, the trust to be broken, and then its another anti-mike personal vendetta all over again.

that being said, im sure mike is doing everything in his power to fix it. his divorce was pretty awful. cashflow is a ***** man.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 01-15-2016 at 10:34 AM.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Name:  captain-obvious-south-park.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  30.7 KB

I mentioned it over there, but for the rest of us:

It looks like he didn't keep separate funds for business/personal. That being said, he could have sold off some of his collection to make good on the orders that he needed to fulfill. Other people do it, is he too good for that? (Though perhaps much of that property was liquidated in the divorce.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post

It looks like he didn't keep separate funds for business/personal. That being said, he could have sold off some of his collection to make good on the orders that he needed to fulfill. Other people do it, is he too good for that? (Though perhaps much of that property was liquidated in the divorce.)
    Apparently his PayPal account is locked up and he can't send or receive funds, or print shipping labels.

You don't HAVE to print labels through Paypal. You can add in tracking info from the other parties if need be.

As for the paypal issue, that could be true.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post

a lot of his stuff was apparently stolen earlier this year, and what little he did have he did auction off.

anyways, the person in the op linked is an idiot. mike is not out to scam anyone; the website fell flat and a couple people hit him hard on chargebacks. honestly, i would've shut the site down months ago when it was apparent there was no longer a large enough base to sustain it. i've won tons of stuff from markerbids, and am owed one item as well. we'll see if i get it; i'm not worried about it. mike's always come through in the past, this will just take time.

Good grief... nothing like drama queens and internet lawyers to spice up threads on the other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by zondo View Post
    Good grief... nothing like drama queens and internet lawyers to spice up threads on the other forums.
    Apparently the op thinks if he keeps buying news ups Mike will get him his prize.

If he is broke and poor from a divorce like he says, the news ups wont help.

And apparently you are allowed more than one account at PBN......

I'm probably going to damage my own karma by saying this, but:

Well, it was either this or cancer.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

I can just imagine Mike sitting back several years ago thinking to himself, "Man, how do I monetize my relationship with my fanbase so I don't have to work anymore?"

And this is what he came up with. And as some have pointed out, it wasn't even his idea to begin with -- he ridiculed another site that did this, and then he came back and does his version of the same thing.

It's funny because you can look at the solutions that people come up with and figure out what kind of people they are.

Where's that joke...

If you're a machinist, you do machinist-y kinds of things to monetize.

If you're an engineer, you do engineer-y kinds of things to monetize.

If you're a ****ing scumbag, you do ****ing scumbag-y kinds of things to monetize. (1)

It is a scheme to siphon money *off his own fan base*, particularly the less educated ones.

It's a system set up by a guy who probably didn't want to work an honest job to prey on those who themselves don't want to come by what they have honestly. Let's face it, if you are gainfully employed, you'd look at sites like this and be like, "WAT?"

In some ways, it's kind of like gambling.

The system is designed such that the house always wins.

Unlike gambling, there is less skill involved.

Also unlike gambling, the upside is way less. I mean you're bidding on dinky paintball stuff.

And like gambling, there was probably a flaw uncovered in the system.

There have been numerous gambling exploits over the years; I'll let you guys read up on them yourselves.

Here, this is kind of like a Paypal chargeback exploit. And I wouldn't be surprised that there are multiple people in on it.

Now this is all great and dandy and in hindsight. The real power is predicting the future.

I think somewhere in there Mike has alluded to some new business venture which should be very lucrative.

Anyone want to try to predict the outcome of this situation, and what the "new lucrative business" will be? Again, refer to (1)

He thought he won the powerball.....

https://www.facebook.com/techpb

Cyco-Dude Guest
    i wouldn't call markerbids a "scheme", unless you just don't like penny auction sites. the house only wins when the user base is large enough to support it. this is what happens when the base is not there...the house gets hammered. it's been down since last year...good for us, bad for the business though. mike is going back to his old job - real estate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    mike is going back to his old job - real estate.
    If you have a motivated buyer in the right situation seems like it could be lucrative.

I'm confused. Is this mike the same guy who bought a NIB Predator autococker for $4,000 a few years back?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I'm confused. Is this mike the same guy who bought a NIB Predator autococker for $4,000 a few years back?
    Yep.

Wonder what he did to bring the wrath of wife upon him ?

Apparently he was having an affair with his fitness instructor? It was mentioned on that post over on the nation. Post was deleted, but quoted for eternity http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post92893425
    Last edited by [NA]WARLORD; 01-18-2016 at 08:00 PM.

That's the guy - he bought the Predator at Living Legends 7. The general for that side as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    mike is going back to his old job - real estate.
    Oy... I did not know that was his previous vocation.

That makes sense, in a horrible kind of way...

Some history with PBN. Dude's a tool.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2735639

That thread has long past become a drama fest.

I met Mike briefly about 10 years ago and he seemed okay.

However he comes off as self promotional and narcissistic in a lot of the videos.

In the PbNation thread he says he's going to sell that classic RT for $1,000.

The one I bought at Living Legends, think anybody will give him that for it?

The history of the Automag RT didn't really catch my attention, but i'm a bit more intrigued now..... what an odd piece of paintball history... Maybe I should make him an offer.

Btw, BigEvil got a few shout outs... lol

The history of the Automag RT didn't really catch my attention, but i'm a bit more intrigued now..... what an odd piece of paintball history... Maybe I should make him an offer.
    I believe they were guns Tom gave to Bud Orr way back when. Bud had them auctioned off for a charity I belive. Mike won the RT and another. BigEvil will be able to tell you more about the guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

How long until that Evo and Predator sell?

Good price on the Splash mag too.
    Last edited by zondo; 01-20-2016 at 03:10 PM.