Thread: Emag question

Emag question

Hi,

I'm looking to buy an Emag with an Xvalve that has 1.8 software in it. The seller of the gun told me that the it turns on just fine but after you fire it once it turns off. At a price of $450 I'm not sure this is a good buy. Does anyone know what could be wrong with this Emag? Is it a simple fix or does it need a whole new board? How much are warp feeds worth?

I am sure someone will chime in who knows more than me, but it could be something as simple as a short that completes the circuit when you shoot it, personally if it fires once I would think that might be the case. Or if you need a new board, they are about $200 for a factory board. I know there have been a few aftermarket boards put out, but not sure about those, you would have to dig around. If you can get it for the right price it is worth it, but I would not personally pay more than maybe $300 since you cannot determine why without a lot of troubleshooting, and that would only be if it is very good to perfect condition. A ULE Emag recently sold for $400 on MCB so that is a fair baseline.

As for the warp, no idea since I have never used one.
    Last edited by kutter; 02-05-2016 at 02:59 PM.
    That which does not kill us, cripples us for life.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    an emag can be a money pit if the battery, charger and board all don't work flawlessly, as those items are expensive to replace.

a complete, working warp feed typically sells for around $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Reactiveraccoon View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking to buy an Emag with an Xvalve that has 1.8 software in it. The seller of the gun told me that the it turns on just fine but after you fire it once it turns off. At a price of $450 I'm not sure this is a good buy. Does anyone know what could be wrong with this Emag? Is it a simple fix or does it need a whole new board? How much are warp feeds worth?
    I'd say have the grounds checked.
    battery might be bad or needs to be revived/charged.
    doubt the board is bad.

fires once and then the board turns off? could be battery($60 to $90 depending on size you want), contacts could need cleaned, loose connection at the board or bad wire. might be trigger magnet or sensor but i'm no expert but I know a couple. if the warp feed works and you want it bad enough i'd offer no more than $350.00 for it and see if he bites.

Battery pack oring missing or loose board screw
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quite often, the board shutting down after a shot is as simple as a bad ground where the board fastens to the frame.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.