Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best looking mag without a forgrip?

Best looking mag without a forgrip?

As the title says. What's the best looking and functional mag options out there without a forgrip present? I'm looking to put together a light mag with a Ygrip and a drop forward but no forgrip present since my front hand always hangs on to the on off asa anyways. Trying to shave all the weight that I can. Push come to shove I may go the route of a ule mag body and ultralite rail. Idk.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    why does it matter? for most people, a functional automag will have a foregrip of some sort so your question is moot. do whatever is right for you!

Question is not moot since as stated I don't plan on having a forgrip on said marker. And since basically all that I see picks of have a forgrip I figured I would ask the question.

Thumbs up

Sydarm.

I was going to ask when someone was going to post the sydarm up.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Question is not moot since as stated I don't plan on having a forgrip on said marker. And since basically all that I see picks of have a forgrip I figured I would ask the question.
    ...but what difference does it make? are you looking for ideas? you're asking for something that very few people have, so you're not likely to get much of a response. i only have one out of the dozens i've had, so here you go i guess...

Name:  IMG_5396.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  55.2 KB

Well if your looking for weight savings and never planning to add a foregrip. A lukes ultra lite rail that is cut at the front of the triggerframe would be about the lightest. You'll need to check were the ule cuts are to make sure that will be a nice place to cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Sydarm.
    What is that finger grip on the front?

Blackdeath, if you search for "pistol mags" you will find lots of options without foregrips, but understand that almost all of these will be meant to work as pistols. That doesn't sound like the same thing you're going for.
    Plus, I don't recall seeing any of the pistol mags done with a y-grip. So yours will definitely have a different flavor than the others.

the McFly mags also don't have foregrips, but that's because they don't have rails.

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    What is that finger grip on the front?
    FAB Defence VTS. You can get them on eBay. Perfect for a pistol. Got one on my SA-17 too.

http://www.fab-defense.com/en/weapon...l-support.html

The ol 'serving tea' method of hand position. Classy!

MOTY3
    Back in the day I never used a fore grip on my Mag but my bottle was in a ring cradle and sat way forward under the gun. If you want short and compact then go with an AM/MM length rail for sure.

I would have to have an ASA without an on/off knob. I've bumped a knob mostly off when crowded behind a bunker. A CP direct mount ASA is about as simple as they get.

That looks like an old mid 90s nitroduck rig there. I remember those. And that position is a lot like how I hold mine. Except the front of my on off is where your hand is.

As for the asa. I use a cp mini pro on off. I love it and haven't ever had an issue with it.

MOTY3
    Yup Nitroduck with adjustable reg 3000 psi tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    Back in the day I never used a fore grip on my Mag but my bottle was in a ring cradle and sat way forward under the gun.
    I had an almost identical setup except I flipped the tank around backwards. I didn't want the reg taking hits.

My minireg 2 took a lot of hits back in the day. It's funny. For all the people that complain about marker today. They would have a stroke over the weight of the old top end markers with hpa setups

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    My minireg 2 took a lot of hits back in the day. It's funny. For all the people that complain about marker today. They would have a stroke over the weight of the old top end markers with hpa setups
    Less recoil...

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 292
Size:  23.2 KB
    No doubt you've seen this photo on the web before, but this'll be about the closest visual example as to what you're describing. If weight is a real priority for you, keep in mind though that Y-frames are rather heavy - the lightest would be good ol AGD carbon fiber frames. You could try getting a Y-frame milled, though.

Do pump mags count?

this was AGDRetro's work of art:

Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

Ghost.
    I had forgot all about that article. Been a long time.

As far as a goal or anything. No goal. Just ideally lighter than what ive used for the last couple deckades if i actually go forth with this. And since i never use my forgrip that appears to be a disposable item at this point. Currently I use a 100% stock classic rt with a Y grip on it. And a dye ultralite barrel. Yes I could strip a lot of stuff to shed weight. But it has a nastagia deal going. I fell in love with these markers back when they first hit print in late 95-96 ??? So I can't bring myself to change this one. I currently have enough parts to put together another Ygrip mag with the same body. And may start there price wise and just tweek it as I am willing to let go of money. Paintball is not my #1 place to put spair money. And currently I desperately need a new hpa bottle. Sooooo.

But anyways since I hardly ever saw pictures of mags without a forgrip. I finally decided to just post the question since many people do hoard picks.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  77.0 KB
    I just finished building my first pump mag the other day. I love it.
    Last edited by ghost flanker; 02-13-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Here is a project I am taking over. A cocker Eclipse frame that was turned into a frame/rail combo by TimmyJay and XMT I believe. I'm like the 4th owner. Here is what it used to look like:

I personally have to have a forgrip to make it work for me so this is what I plan to do with it:

But if you want to know my favorite forgrip-less gun then it would have to be the Gen1 Micromag.

Especially with a vert feed adapter.

Last edited by Sk8ermog; 02-13-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Lightestest you could probably get would be an XMT cf xule body with a cut down Lukes ultralight rail and have him ule mill the ygrip as well.

Reversed angled drop set up for a Raptor Rex
    Flying the unfriendly skies.

The barrel is crooked.......

Honestly a late 90s micro is winning me over. I always loved them back in the 90s but couldn't afford one.

Sadly now...... If this crossfire issue isn't solved (and I don't expect it to). I now have to buy 2 new hpa bottles. So no gun in the future for me.