Thread: Just an idea for those old Carbon Fiber Frames

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just an idea for those old Carbon Fiber Frames

Was just thinking randomly, why has no one made an after market stylish trigger guard, that you could bolt onto a stock frame with a cut guard? Too pricy perhaps?

I mean, you can probably make a pretty nice looking guard, drill 2 horizontal holes in the trigger frame, and bolt it on.

Maybe now, it'd be even easier by using 3d printing.

All those stock frames with ugly cuts, now with a potentially gorgeous (well, maybe gorgeous is taking it too far) looking guard!

Not that I'd need it or anything

Cyco-Dude Guest
    i think you can make a basic one, and use the standard frame screw hole to hold it on (you would need a slightly longer screw though). people have done that before in the past. i do think that a 3d-printed option might be a good idea though. you would likely have to modify the cut frame more, as people usually don't cut the entire guard off.

Yep, I know people have used thin pieces of aluminum before, but it definitely looked... slapped together

I think most people just replace cut frames.

Number one they are ugly, and nothing you can possibly do to them will look like anything but jury rigged.

And number two, most fields deem guns without trigger guards unsafe and thus not allowed.

Another issue is if your using the frame with a twist lock body/rail you may drill into the twist lock thingy

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I think most people just replace cut frames.

Number one they are ugly, and nothing you can possibly do to them will look like anything but jury rigged.

And number two, most fields deem guns without trigger guards unsafe and thus not allowed.
    that's kind of the point of the thread, is a cheap way to add guards to frames that have been cut.

but, he's kind of on point...uncut carbon frames are what, $20 or so? whatever you did get would have to be like, $5 shipped lol. otherwise it's just not really worth it, aesthetics aside.

Quote Originally Posted by river031403 View Post
    Another issue is if your using the frame with a twist lock body/rail you may drill into the twist lock thingy
    you would cut the frame with it off the gun. there would just be a hole there, kind of like how the z-grip is. the printed trigger guard (or whatever) would have to have a recess to accommodate the twistlock pin.

Well, I was thinking the attachment would be more like a hinge, so the new guard would fit over the 2 cut ends (or cut a slot into the two ends of the frame to fit the guard). The screws would be parallel to the trigger pin.

And this was meant more for a double trigger than single, otherwise yea, singles are cheap as they are lol.

But in the end, due to the size and shape of it, the guard would probably be too brittle if made with plastics.