Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Electronic markers?

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Well if there is no real reason to go Geo then axe is deff the way to go based off buy in cost. Worst thing bout either of them is having to buy a new hpa tank for lower output pressure.
    I dont think you have to do that. A standard 750-800psi output will work with either marker just fine. The asa on the geo might be a little harder to activate, but that's it

You don't have to use an SLP on an Axe (I do) but Simon Steven's recommends it.

Just get a Luxe they are sexy and they talk to you
    http://youtu.be/88ftxLUNryo

I'm way to cheap for that.

As for a tank. At the least I will most likely order internals from ninja to convert my SL tank.

or buy a slp reg and save the hp for when you want to use the rt once in a while.

I've got 2 shp regs. Changing one wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    I'm way to cheap for that.

As for a tank. At the least I will most likely order internals from ninja to convert my SL tank.
    standard 800spi output is fine, btw. on the axe / mini, the asa is the hpr.

The lower pressure tanks are just to shoot lower into the tank. Probably not a big deal for rec ball.

Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    The lower pressure tanks are just to shoot lower into the tank. Probably not a big deal for rec ball.
    Not true. At least with GEO (and should apply to axe as well) you can shoot just as low with 800psi output. It's the internal operating pressure that dictates how low on any tank you can go.

I think the major differences when comparing GEO 2.x and Axe are that with axe you get better efficiency, but GEO is slightly easier to change settings with because of the display (unless you get red line axe). And that in axe (correct me if I'm wrong) the in built regulator isn't meant to be user serviceable, where as in geo it is.

There are now write ups describing how you can take it apart.

To me, ergonomics is a big thing. I have no problems with my Axe. Though, never shot or even hold a Geo, the frame being pushed all the way to the back of the gun does make things weird to me. But if you are going with the Axe, no problems.

Now, don't listen to Going_Home. He has weird likes and should not be used as a basis. I am weird, but Allen, takes the cake. I say this as a friend of his, yet i shake my head at the things he does. You do not need a Redline. I never understood why people need to constantly change the settings. The axe is great for "Setting & forgetting". Play in a 12.5 rof league, set it. The other board settings are just there to have. Otherwise, the Redline is an expensive piece that adds nothing to the performance(as compared to Xmod to AGD 3.1, for example).

But i will stress that, at least hold one before committing to one. It is similar to a mini, yet being stretched out is a huge difference. To me, the Nummech Frame as nothing to it(just a status symbol or a point to have an upgrade for upgrades sake). The foregrip extenders and ASA relocator is, personal fit.

hp is fine on an axe or geo. I regularly switch between my mid pressure and high pressure tanks on my axe and my geo (when I had it). I don't think you can add shims to a slp tank reg to make it hp, but I'm not positive.

if you get a geo 2 and throw in a IV core, you will get comparable efficiency.

Well. I think if I can get a pair of Skates I have sold. And my project mag. I will buy a used Geo 3.0. Otherwise it will be an axe. Since i expect to have this a long time id rather not start with a platform that is too old. For parts sake. As far as settings. I'm not one to really play with that. If I can turn it on and it shoot fast and the eyes work. that's about all I will be critical of.

The Mini/Axe platform is the Mag of electropneumatics.

They need minor maintenance, are stupendously reliable and perform well.
    2k2 VF Cocker, STO/Eclipse Blade, Old-Style 14" Boomstick,
    68AutoMag Classic Feed CF11023, Ring trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by mykroft View Post
    The Mini/Axe platform is the Mag of electropneumatics.

They need minor maintenance, are stupendously reliable and perform well.
    I couldnt have said it better.

If/when I happen to find a CS1 for almost free I'll probably buy it, but I doubt I'll be without an Axe, they always just work.

Hmmmmmmmm.

$50 price difference for a used 2015 axe pro or a geo3.0 both used. I'm torn since I don't have any REAL experience with either.

No need to get the newer body axe pro, the older style is just a cosmetically different body and cheaper. I see a few with redline board for around $300

EGO - SL or CSL version.

Don't get the pro. Just a regular axe & be happy. The pro offers nothing over the regular axe.

My deal on the pro is that it's easier to to dismantle. And honestly I hate the look of the forgrip/trigger guard on the original axe. Currently awaiting a response on a geo3 I found. If I can get a 3 for the right price I think that's what I will do because it appears possible to put a drop forward on it relatively easy. Axe drop forwards are hideous due to the design. If I can't score a clean geo3 for well under 500 it will be an axe for me though.

What if you combine an Axe lowers with a mag? Automax?

blackdeath1k,

This was my similar thread a while back. https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...My-Next-Marker

Here comes the buzz kill.

I played with it three times, and then I sold it. I couldn't get used to the trigger and recoil (or lack thereof). These are probably what some like about the newer markers, but I'm sticking with my Automags and Autococker. I more recently tried a Gtek and Ego Lv 1.1. Still going to stick with Mags/Cockers.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

You sound a lot like me really. Only guns I've owned for 20+ years are mags. And I've shot my brother in law's 96 cocker in a few games. Idk. I've played with a geo3.5 and a mini on sidelines between games. Both different than my norm. And both lighter. I flipped my project mag for asking price. And since my current tanks will work. I figure if I can score the 3.0 for under 500 to my door I will go that route. If not it will be the axe. I hate the drop forwards they have for axes though. And I don't really have time to design and mill one right now. So for the drop forward side of things the Geo is for sure ahead on that one.

I only lost about $30 on the Axe Pro. No big deal considering I added a drop forward, got to play with it a few times, and tinker with it a lot. I'm sure you'd be in the same situation if you decide you don't want to keep it. I say go for it, and have fun. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by nak81783 View Post
    I only lost about $30 on the Axe Pro. No big deal considering I added a drop forward, got to play with it a few times, and tinker with it a lot. I'm sure you'd be in the same situation if you decide you don't want to keep it. I say go for it, and have fun. Good luck!
    That's kinda where I've settled as well. Figure if I decide it's not for me sell it and move on.... Or my wife latch on to it. Ha-ha.

You gonna have this new shiny thing ready to show me at the end of the month?

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    You gonna have this new shiny thing ready to show me at the end of the month?
    Silver/purple geo3. Should have it in my possession by the end of next week. I take it your gonna play at least one game to use it?

It will be staying 100% in semi the whole day as well.