Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Electronic markers?

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Well if there is no real reason to go Geo then axe is deff the way to go based off buy in cost. Worst thing bout either of them is having to buy a new hpa tank for lower output pressure.
    You don't have to.

It possibly would be quieter with an SLP reg.

Why not get one and try it.

You could down the road buy just a reg.

Word of warning, with all the aftermarket stuff available (stock bolt is just fine), they can multiply like mags....

Eh. Been using mags since the early 90s. So far I've only consistently owned 2.

As for the reg issue. Its looking like I'm gonna need to purchase another bottle. Currently I've got 2 with ninja shp regs set at 950psi each. They are for my mag and my wife's. Due to the output pressure I can't bring myself to put that on a Geo direct. Even if it will work. That high of an input on the gun reg would be hard on it to say the least. And there is no point in putting un needed stress on the marker.

If I decide I like the marker and decide to keep it I will buy an IV core bolt for it. I chose the color I wanted over buying one with the bolt. Figure in the long run it would be easier to get the bolt.

I just hand tighten my regs on, swap a standard Ninja for an SLP when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I just hand tighten my regs on, swap a standard Ninja for an SLP when needed.
    Internals are a direct swap. That's not a big issue. But it makes a split second marker swap impossible. I don't foresee ever getting rid of the 2 mags that I currently have. So having a bottle for each marker is a smart choice. Especially if one was to be loaned out.

Silver/purple geo3. Should have it in my possession by the end of next week. I take it your gonna play at least one game to use it?

It will be staying 100% in semi the whole day as well.
    I'm usually able to hit the field in the spring game, so I sure hope so, lol!

shp also makes the pops asa a pain in the ass to engage. not impossible obviously. but annoying.

that's why I mainly use just hp 8-850 tanks. usable with all my guns, axe, cockers, mags, mini. though I do have a mid pressure tank leftover from when I was rocking some bob long stuff.

You'll enjoy the Geo. It's quite a shooter. Add that IV Core in and you have a poor man's 3.5/GSL.

We will see. My first electro. And my first non mag since back in the prolite days. My only concern is that my wife will use it one game and decide she needs one as well.

We will see. My first electro. And my first non mag since back in the prolite days. My only concern is that my wife will use it one game and decide she needs one as well.
    Video for maintenance:

Set it for stock settings - reset to factory settings. No telling what somebody else did to it. If you have any questions, let me know. I love mine.

I'm surprised they don't use urathane Orings in these markers. And ironically that is the exact one I've purchased.

I'm surprised they don't use urathane Orings in these markers.
    No need as the operating pressure is so low. And makes o-rings cheaper. Might also have some other design reasons I'm oblivious about.

Seconded on what Dayspring said, reset to factory settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    No need as the operating pressure is so low. And makes o-rings cheaper. Might also have some other design reasons I'm oblivious about.

Seconded on what Dayspring said, reset to factory settings.
    I expected urathane due to drag coefficient.

Got a new bolt and sear ordered for my classicRT. Got a SL tank ordered for this marker. And should have marker next week. My game with justice at the end of the month should be fun.

Better buy two cases of paint, one won't be enough.

Ha-ha. Me and the wife got in a firefight last fall with each other. Think that one fight cost me a case of paint on its own.