Thread: Cookies and Cream mag

Cookies and Cream mag

not sure what is better the powder coat, eye holes or the reg.

thinking we should start a crowd fund so he can get the powder coating removed and hopefully be able to find his tolerances again, or at least have the eye holes plugged.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Agd-ule-mag-...16.m2518.l4276

Those aren't eye holes... they're speed holes!!! j/k

Looks like it's missing the safety too. And the way the seller describes the leak doesn't sound very reassuring.

"The marker leaks out the back when aired up sounding like a very fast sprinkler head."

I don't think I've ever heard such a sound coming out of my mags.

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    Looks like it's missing the safety too. And the way the seller describes the leak doesn't sound very reassuring.

"The marker leaks out the back when aired up sounding like a very fast sprinkler head."

I don't think I've ever heard such a sound coming out of my mags.
    Safety replacement is easy, and so is fixing the sprinkler sound. I usually replace all the o-rings when I pick up a Mag from someone I don't know.

Walker
    O.F.P.P.A. - OLD FARTS PAINTBALL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION
    When you wrap-up the day with beer and Bengay.

The leak out the back can happen when the pressure is running too high, common enough when installing a level 10 on an old reg piston. Though, that shouldn't be the issue since he has another regulator inline, and it cycled with a LP tank.
    Question for me is how well it was powder coated, how far did they take it, and was anything masked lol...
    Either way, it'll be a project to clean it up, unless whoever buys it wants the powder coat on it.

did he say it was powder coated ?? looks like the stuff I spray bombed my gargoyle with

Nothing in descript sayin powder, if it's spray paint it should be easier to clean.

It's duracoat according to some of it's previous owners. I was considering picking this up, but have too many projects as is.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...gic-frame.html

Quote Originally Posted by grimcpt View Post
    **Pictures up Tonight**

Need to sell soon.

and the closest thing to a blemish it has :

Link to album with more pics.

Cookies and Cream Mag pictures by grimcpt - Photobucket

Cookies and Cream Duracoat
    ULE Body with dual detents
    ULE Rail
    Logic Frame
    DP RAPS ASA
    Classic Valve

$325obo any reasonable offer considered.
    I feel my price is quite reasonable but I need this gone, so feel free to offer.

Thanks,
    GrimCPT

That's a Voodoo Coatings Cerakote, I had a few mag stuff done through him and there's been no effect on my tolerances that I've noticed

I actually meant to get back over and bid. If you don't mind the finish, it looks well done and the pieces are a steal at $175.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    holy **** that thing dumped...

that just goes to show you; don't EVER dick with the stock finish, unless it's a sick anno or something. completely trashes the resell value. of course, the buyer can just remove the duracoat and flip for 2-300% profit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    holy **** that thing dumped...

that just goes to show you; don't EVER dick with the stock finish, unless it's a sick anno or something. completely trashes the resell value. of course, the buyer can just remove the duracoat and flip for 2-300% profit lol.

not sure where you are seeing 2-300% profit on:

ule body with 4 holes in the breach
    classic valve
    dangerpowers reg
    drilled rail

realistically if he strips the powdercoat off of that frame i would bet it is raw.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    not sure where you are seeing 2-300% profit on:

ule body with 4 holes in the breach
    classic valve
    dangerpowers reg
    drilled rail

realistically if he strips the powdercoat off of that frame i would bet it is raw.
    i'd bet a raw logic frame will pull $175 by itself, you still have the rail and body on top of that so...yeah.

Just rough estimates: $190 put in + a lot of time and energy to strip it, or send it somewhere for sandblasting perhaps? Could probably fetch $450 give or take for all of it, raw and parted out. (so it'd be around 125% profit on top of investment)

Was definitely planning on bidding, but kind of got side-tracked lol, I wanted the ASA for myself

I wanted the thing like it is, like the whole job.