Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rate of fire

I feel like i just warped back in time about 15 years reading this thread...

If i have to shoot faster than 6 bps some serious crap happened. Can't even remember the last time i used a full size pod.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    I feel like i just warped back in time about 15 years reading this thread...
    Success!

Well, the design of the valve is 20 years old. So why not resurrect the same ideas of before?

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    If i have to shoot faster than 6 bps some serious crap happened. Can't even remember the last time i used a full size pod.
    I carry a thousand on the field and hope I stay in the game long enough to shoot them all.

One 260 round hopper, one kill.

Why ?

Because it's fun !

In the beginning, with no caps, a lesser player could hide behind superior firepower. If everyone has the same level playing field, then the game comes down to accuracy of the setup you are using, and your skill. Since any paintball gun can achieve accuracy if setup correctly, it really boils down to skill now.

We don't need high rates of fire to enjoy the game. That was only needed to keep up with everyone else. I enjoy any paintaball game as long as I am not being artificially over powered by someone who has a bigger pocketbook. Its not that you can't keep up. Its that you can't afford to keep up.

I like the new lower bps rules at most of the tournaments and probably most of the fields now, and I think it will help the game.

When I tell some of my gun people about the rate of fire our paintball markers can achieve, they are dumbfounded. Its really quite spectacular when you think about it.

I play whatever game is being played. If its a bunch of lower end players, I play a very subdued single shot style of play. If I play a bunch of gung ho full auto types, I play a high speed paint slinger. I just enjoy any game I can play.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    In the beginning, with no caps, a lesser player could hide behind superior firepower.
    In the beginning there was pumps...and God said it was good.

Man learned that one shot one kill was efficient...and God said it was good.

Soon after surrenders entered the game...and God said it was good.

Then Tippmann entered the game with the full auto SMG-60...and were promptly eliminated with one shot...and God said it was good.

A few days later Tom introduced the Automag...and God wept and declared it very good.