Thread: Need battery help

Need battery help

So my eyes hurt from all the googling I have been doing tonight. I am modding my Z2 for warpless use and need to power it using something slightly smaller than the 4-AA pack. I know I can run parallel 9v, but I don't want to sacrifice lasting power if I can avoid it. Then I saw this video and it looks like the guy modded a small cell phone battery. Anyone know how that is done, or know of some easily modifiable rechargeable packs that I could drop in?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH9-aTcxVXw

Cyco-Dude Guest
    if the 9v board fits, i'd just use that for now, then get something else if the run time is not what you need.

i'm curious if the 9v conversion is regulated down? 4aa would only be 6 volts...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    if the 9v board fits, i'd just use that for now, then get something else if the run time is not what you need.

i'm curious if the 9v conversion is regulated down? 4aa would only be 6 volts...
    It's not. The Z2 was built to run on 6v or 9v but the 6v AA pack is recommended due to mah capacity limits on 9v batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    It's not. The Z2 was built to run on 6v or 9v but the 6v AA pack is recommended due to mah capacity limits on 9v batteries
    I would think that dual 9 volts running at 9 volts would last the longest. We would run the warp like that and it would last all day and then some...
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

If you want small and light, use a 2s Nano lipo pack. It will give you a 7.4V nominal voltage and lots of capacity in a tiny package.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I have run my warp off Lipo pack, never had a problem all day.. Bought two xtra, still on original pack..

Lmk if you want details...

I am also doing warp less, having bracket made just like warp, with battery pack mounted under bracket... wires right out of feedneck.

Where are you guys getting these lipo packs? Every google search I try ends up throwing me into a RC Car/Boat/Helicopter site where the batteries are huge and definitely won't fit in my Z2. I'm stumped! lol

Running a turnigy, 800mah, 3 cell 11.1vt

Hobby king

I can't seem to find anything that will work in both size (smaller than a 4-AA pack @ ~ 57mm x31mm x28mm) and capacity (1000+mah). Any pitfalls to just running two high-cap (600 mah each) Li-ion "9v" batteries in parallel, like these?http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EQ3U2AA?psc=1

That should get me 8.4v @ 1100+mah, and small enough to boot. Unless I am missing something?

^ Those batteries should be fine. Don't use the EBL chargers though. I've seen the chargers rated on a couple of sites and they didn't do well.

I couldn't find the C rating of those batteries. If it is low, then you might not get the full 1100mAh capacity out of the batteries depending on the draw of the hopper. It may be good enough though.

Given that the AA batteries are 2000mAh or higher with fairly high C ratings, you should get slightly less than 1/2 the capacity out of the 2 x 9V lithium batteries used in their place.