Thread: My new Mag build

My new Mag build

Been working on this Classic valve Automag build for a few months. Far enough along now to post a picture. The bronze parts are cerakote by VooDoo_Coatings over on MCB. Had the regulator milled by a local machine shop and the front grip is my design and hard work. The Kaner Tactical barrel back is Freak-drilled. Name:  20160411_201656.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  101.9 KBName:  20160411_204523.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  103.0 KBName:  20160419_180446.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  149.0 KB

Why did you have the valve milled, to lose some weight ?

Partly to lose weight and to match the ovals on the Kaner barrel. It was an experiment in looks. Did not quite achieve what I was hoping, but it is interesting.

Just curious, what did they charge you to mill the valve? I'm thinking about having one turned down on a lathe to save weight.

Quote Originally Posted by paint magnet View Post
    Just curious, what did they charge you to mill the valve? I'm thinking about having one turned down on a lathe to save weight.
    You are LOWERING the PSI Rating of the valve by milling it. For safety's sake...LEAVE IT ALONE!
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by paint magnet View Post
    The shop I went with charged me $45 to put four ovals into the valve regulator body.