Thread: automag 68 just found from a basement how do i take the the bolt out

automag 68 just found from a basement how do i take the the bolt out

plz help

There is a field strip screw under the rail, behind the trigger frame. Remove that and the valve should come out the back, and expose the bolt.

yah i did that but the bolt is not comeing out its stuck do i ha ve too turn it a certain way

with my Minimag, it helps to have the trigger pulled. The valve should pop out the back about 1/8 to a 1/4" inch. Then clock it clockwise just a few degrees and it'll slip all the way out. Once out, you'll see that pin in the valve, and the groove in the gun/rail that it slides into and it'll make sense. ....the bolt should just pull off the front of the valve assembly.

yah idk shes stuck

yah thanks man how much oil would u reccomend in the oil hole

Unscrew the body from the rail and the frame. The bolt/valve should be stuck in the body if I understand correctly. If a pin is preventing the valve from coming out, push it in and it should come out.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1985phenom View Post
    Unscrew the body from the rail and the frame. The bolt/valve should be stuck in the body if I understand correctly. If a pin is preventing the valve from coming out, push it in and it should come out.
    ...and if it's not that, and the valve is just stuck in the body, get a wooden dowel and push the valve out the back of the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack mullin View Post
    yah thanks man how much oil would u reccomend in the oil hole
    None. That hole is more of a breather hole than an oil hole. Add oil to the mag through the air inlet or ASA. The oil will pass through the entire valve and lubricate all orings. The only area that oil won't pass through is the back section behind the regulator piston assembly. It needs to be packed with grease to keep the springs from rusting.

Don't grease or oil the bolt spring or the outside of the bolt. Oil or grease there will transfer to the breech area and balls and cause inaccuracy.

You only need a couple of drops of oil when you do add oil. It only has to wet the orings. Too much oil will eventually just pass through the valve and become an oil film inside your barrel.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

MOTY3
    There is also a Z pin groove on the back left side of the rail, if the valve is moving but wont come out twist it clockwise a little and it will slide out for future reference.

Is there a trigger stop on your marker? If so you will need to put a wedge between the trigger and trigger rod so that the rod is pushed back far enough to release the valve.

Pictures might help, otherwise we're just gonna throw every possible issue at you

Just take out the front frame/body screw as well and take everything apart. If you found it in a basement and it's that stuck it probably needs a good cleaning anyway.