Thread: Logic Frames and Classic Retro Valve

Logic Frames and Classic Retro Valve

First off, I am not a mag guy but I am learning.
    I have a mag on the way with a ule body, logic frame, and classic valve. Now I have this original retro valve that has been sitting around for 10-15 years and was wondering if I will have any sort of compatibility issues with the sear or the body. To top it off the rt valve has lv10 installed but was never tuned to the valve.
    Thanks

You shouldn't have any issues, you may need parts to tune the lvl 10.

Looks like I have an assortment of springs and spacers to mess with. Now to read up on lv10 tuning

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG BOB View Post
    Looks like I have an assortment of springs and spacers to mess with. Now to read up on lv10 tuning
    may as well re-post this:

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    Level 10 tuning guide:

When tuning your level 10, remove all the shims from the powertube before starting. They don't affect the operation but they can cause false leaks which cause you to use a carrier size that is too tight. Don't put them back when you are done. You shouldn't ever need them.

For carrier sizing:

Find the carrier size that causes the installed oring to fit freely over the bolt stem. The carrier should sit on the bolt stem without moving if the bolt is held in a vertical position. If you tap the valve on a hard surface, the carrier should be loose enough to allow the bolt to move. If you have to force the carrier onto the bolt stem with any force at all, then it is too tight. Install the bolt and valve into the gun. When aired up there should be no leaking. If it leaks, take the carrier out and replace it with the next smaller size. Always use the same white carrier oring in each carrier that you use. It is the orings that you are adjusting. Try it again. You want to use the largest carrier size that does not produce a leak.

Any time that the gun fires and does not reset or short strokes and does not reset, or just chuffs and does not reset, the problem is most likely a carrier that is too tight. Installing shims will not help. Shims only help if the bolt moves, hits an object but does not vent any air, and then cannot reset because the chamber is still fully charged. Most of the time the bolt always moves far enough to expose the vent hole, get rid of excess air, and then reset.

For spring adjustment:

You want to use the bolt spring that allows you to shoot about 20fps above the lowest velocity that the gun will cycle at. So, if you want to use the gun at 280fps, then your desired lower limit of operation is 260fps. Insert your long bolt spring. Turn the velocity adjuster down before you air up the valve. Then gradually turn up the velocity until the gun will cycle. This is your lower velocity. Measure it. If it is above 265fps, then you will need a shorter spring or you will need to clip the one you have (unless you have red one. They are usually in the correct range). If you clip a spring, only clip half a coil at a time and then try it using the same procedure of starting with a low velocity setting. Make sure you put the cut end of the spring towards the bolt. If you have the short spring installed, and the lower range is 30fps below the desired shooting velocity, I wouldn't worry about using a stiffer spring and would just go with the short bolt spring. If it was much lower than that, I would definitely clip a long spring to get closer to the desired range.

cyco-dude-
    Is that a new type of install method? ive never heard of doing that before, I always followed the standard method, does that work that much better?

Quote Originally Posted by Pudgey51 View Post
    cyco-dude-
    Is that a new type of install method? ive never heard of doing that before, I always followed the standard method, does that work that much better?
    That's the best practices method that have been established during the years since the release of lvl-10 bolt.

awesome, thank you. I remember doing mine a different way but that was years ago so I could be wrong. Really need to get out and play again soon

Shouldn't be a problem, provided that the valve fits the body and the rail you already have.

The frame should operate properly regardless.