Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AGD ninja reg only goes to 2000 psi

AGD ninja reg only goes to 2000 psi

why would my AGD logo'd ninja reg, only fill to 2000 psi then leak front the fill fitting hole, (not around the threads)?

its weird.
    any ideas?

Other than Ninja regs sucks? Might be my opinion...

Anyway, pull the fill nipple. My guess is that it is an oring that has a chip in it, literally blowing at that pressure. Next check the LP burst disk, or even both.

Take the bonnet off... there is an oring under the pin... it's the same size as an agd one but I forget which. That is your simplest fix... if its something more than that you will have to go deeper into the reg and probably better off sending it to Ninja.

ill take a look at it.
    thank you
    *hate running out of air.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 05-03-2016 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Other than Ninja regs sucks? Might be my opinion...

Anyway, pull the fill nipple. My guess is that it is an oring that has a chip in it, literally blowing at that pressure. Next check the LP burst disk, or even both.
    Absolutely right. Ninja regs suck. Take the whole reg apart and check on the bottom of the valve seat for a piece of metal. Check and clean all the orings and turn them over, "THAT"S WHAT THE TECH TOLD ME" replace any one's that look bad and pray today isn't the day you don't blow the 1.8K burst disc because it will happen. We need Air America up and running again!

Quote Originally Posted by stimpysan View Post
    Absolutely right. Ninja regs suck. Take the whole reg apart and check on the bottom of the valve seat for a piece of metal. Check and clean all the orings and turn them over, "THAT"S WHAT THE TECH TOLD ME" replace any one's that look bad and pray today isn't the day you don't blow the 1.8K burst disc because it will happen. We need Air America up and running again!
    Called Immortal Air

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    Called Immortal Air
    No. There is a guy that is starting up the Air America brand. He was on a few weeks ago, but hopefully gotten busy. He is not associated with Immortal Air.

Ninja regs suck? First I've heard of it. I've never ran into a problem with my Ninja regs. Guerrilla? PMI? Yeah, of course. But not my Ninjas (or Crossfire or Nitroduck).

Isn't/Wasn't Ray from Ninja pretty active on this forum with customer service problems?

went to get the tank filled and it filled just fine hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    went to get the tank filled and it filled just fine hmmmmm
    Did you ever pull the fill nipple and check the Oring. I've had that issue a few times over the years. Normally a hair or something got on it. Had received one tank used that had the seal chewed up. One of the Teflon mag Orings made a perfect sub.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Did you ever pull the fill nipple and check the Oring. I've had that issue a few times over the years. Normally a hair or something got on it. Had received one tank used that had the seal chewed up. One of the Teflon mag Orings made a perfect sub.
    when I finish the air off ill check.

Ninja is a good company with good products and good customer service.

Now go sit down.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post

Now go sit down.
    Like you, i can have an opinion about HPA tanks as you have them about feednecks.

Now go sit down.
    I have 4 Ninja tanks. Two of them have blown the 1.8k burst disc, which is a common problem. They have redesigned the valve 3 times. There is a reason why they are going to the spring pack like the mags have. My best friend just bought 2 brand new Ninja's with the Pro V2 regs. Both of them leaked down overnight. The tech told him to flip the orings. The ball valve is so hard to depress on an ego 11 and a DM14 you can't do it. The tech told him to lower the reg pressure by taking all the shims out which he already did. You have to back the bottle off, engage the pin and then screw the tank in. Air America was a great company because they didn't sell junk, plus their systems are completely adjustable externally. If you have an X-valve mag and a Mini like I have you can still use one air system for both without tearing your reg apart and hoping you get the shims right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    No. There is a guy that is starting up the Air America brand. He was on a few weeks ago, but hopefully gotten busy. He is not associated with Immortal Air.
    IIRC Dan Colby ( who was part of AA ) is one of the owners of Immortal Air

Funny you complain about the pops with a pro V2. That's exactly what I use. And I love it. No problems at all. Output at 450psi. As far as fully adjustable tanks. For a lot of years I loved them. Now. Give me my screw in preset tanks. They are smaller and lighter. And a lot easier to swap when trouble shooting potential problems.

I haven't had one problem with my Ninja regs. Yes, I had to remove the shims to make the POPS easier, but it won't matter because I don't use guns that require 800+ PSI anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    I haven't had one problem with my Ninja regs. Yes, I had to remove the shims to make the POPS easier, but it won't matter because I don't use guns that require 800+ PSI anymore.
    on that thought can I hook my 800+ psi output tank to my zebra print axe?

All I can say is go to PBNation and look at the "ASK a NINJA TECH? thread. They had to start a new one because there are so many complaints. My friend owned a paintball store for years and the best there customer service can do is say flip the orings, couldn't send him two? When you can't use a standard 800 PSI tank on a marker that cost over a thousand dollar I have an issue with that. I'll stick with my Armageddons and CP's.

All I can say is go to PBNation and look at the "ASK a NINJA TECH? thread. They had to start a new one because there are so many complaints. My friend owned a paintball store for years and the best there customer service can do is say flip the orings, couldn't send him two? When you can't use a standard 800 PSI tank on a marker that cost over a thousand dollar I have an issue with that. I'll stick with my Armageddons and CP's.
    so the cost of my marker dictates if it can handle 800+ psi?
    that case some of my automags shouldn't be using that pressure

Cyco-Dude Guest
    I have 4 Ninja tanks. Two of them have blown the 1.8k burst disc, which is a common problem.
    my four ninja regs are ok (two old style pin valve, one new ball-valve shp and one v2 pro). if there is an issue with the reg, that is where it's designed to blow. common problem, not likely. as with anything, you only hear of the problems, not the non-problems (of which, there's got to be several orders of magnitude more than all issues combined).

The ball valve is so hard to depress on an ego 11 and a DM14 you can't do it.
    this is why i either like the oops 2 or the hoseless pops. the pops with the front hole just doesn't offer enough surface area to press that damn cap in with the ball valve. also, another reason why i like the pin valve better. oops 2 and cp on/offs work fine though.

If you have an X-valve mag and a Mini like I have you can still use one air system for both without tearing your reg apart and hoping you get the shims right.
    eh, i've got multiple tanks for that...faster / easier / lighter than moving a reg / rail system over in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Funny you complain about the pops with a pro V2. That's exactly what I use. And I love it. No problems at all. Output at 450psi. As far as fully adjustable tanks. For a lot of years I loved them. Now. Give me my screw in preset tanks. They are smaller and lighter. And a lot easier to swap when trouble shooting potential problems.
    well, to be fair it would be easier with only 450 psi output...

Should we post the ao tech forum? It's got far more issues in there than your exibit. The millions of happy customers don't complain. Only the few wit issues. Oh the shame. A company with the nerve to post a tech thread. AND stay around to answer questions when them come up.

As far as the pops with a 450 psi tank vs higher pressure. Considering the markers these were originally designed for. I wouldn't really just assume that there design would be easy to work on 800 and up output pressure tanks. Your basically pushing the valve pin in with a 1 inch round surface. Higher the pressure and or volume the harder it will be to push in.

I have a v2 red on an 800 psi tank and an SL tank with shp v2 on it. the shp is a little harder to depress with the asa but it works fine. both of them leaked at the gauge when I got them and so far that is my only problem with them.

Now go sit down.

I've owned over 6 Ninja regs and never had an issue.

Stop trying to use a standard output reg on a gun that will work better on an SHP.

Your choices, buy multiple output regs hand tightening them on your tank so you can swap easily, or buy a dinosaur fixed mounted adjustable reg that cant near as easily be used on multiple markers.

Problem solved.

Last edited by going_home; 05-09-2016 at 09:01 PM.

hey Allen, you making it to NJ this year?

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    hey Allen, you making it to NJ this year?
    Still on the fence about it.

I'll make a decision by this time next week, gotta call Hank about it.

Wait, why isn't everyone just using CP ASA's in the first place? They're super easy to twist on and off, you can get them in any color or anodize your own, and they just work. There is no better mousetrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Wait, why isn't everyone just using CP ASA's in the first place? They're super easy to twist on and off, you can get them in any color or anodize your own, and they just work. There is no better mousetrap.
    I've got CP mini asa on both mags. Love them. The only plus I can see with my pops is that it has the air fitting in the center.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Why don't we all use twist lock barrels, why don't we use classic valves, why do we need intelliframes if the CF frames worked? Because we as people like choices, preferences and sometimes we are cheap. For $5 you can pick up an old duckbill and they work as advertised. You do not need an on/off with a mag(though it can help in some respects), yet people do like them. In my 20 years in paintball, no one has ever come up with 1 standard for anything.