Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AGD's SandFX series. Coming soon. Anodizing Artwork Courtesy of FX Anodizing.

AGD's SandFX series. Coming soon. Anodizing Artwork Courtesy of FX Anodizing.

Can you get copies of the announcement for those of us that aren't on Facebook?

Nice,

Ego style feedneck. Means AGD must be making a adapter from the ULE threads to Ego/Empire?
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Nice,

Ego style feedneck. Means AGD must be making a adapter from the ULE threads to Ego/Empire?
    Umm, actually no. He plans on using it as is and loc-titing it in place. Bad idea. I tried pointing out the fact that the threads were wrong but people (Not just him) insist there isn't a problem. Not something TK would do that's for sure and definitely not the quality we come to expect from AGD.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Umm, actually no. He plans on using it as is and loc-titing it in place. Bad idea. I tried pointing out the fact that the threads were wrong but people (Not just him) insist there isn't a problem. Not something TK would do that's for sure and definitely not the quality we come to expect from AGD.
    There is no way that they would use the wrong stuff. Dave would not allow it.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Airgun Designs USA:

So the post does say "coming soon" that means all the kinks are not worked out just yet. There are many variables. These works will come complete. Some customization may be available. If you like one and would like to request an adoption. Send emails to sandman@airgun.com. I will ignore requests for individual parts. These works are designed to come complete. When they are near completion, I will follow up with potential hopeful parents or display them here. Hopefully mid year we will have new AGD store site.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Get with the effen program already. Or have Missy show you

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    There is no way that they would use the wrong stuff. Dave would not allow it.
    Tuna, he replied directly to me, this is pretty much what he said "We'll loc-tite them in, the threads will likely strip if someone tried to remove the feedneck but why would anyone do that if they purchased this marker"

I deleted my posts because it was coming across as if I was trolling to sell parts which was not my intent.
    Last edited by luke; 05-04-2016 at 03:55 PM.

"Because Quality Always Uses Gobs O' Loctite"

or maybe

"Because Quality Always Why Would Anyone Do That?"
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    You can still see it if you click the link, its a public facebook page.

I refuse to do facebook any more myself so dont let Scott twist your ear.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    You can still see it if you click the link, its a public facebook page.

I refuse to do facebook any more myself so dont let Scott twist your ear.
    I have an fb page. But don't hardly ever post.

honestly if it were me buying a new mag or even a used mag i would prefer to have the threads correct and would pay to have the peace of mind. If we were talking about a run of the feednecks im sure that someone could get them done under $20 a piece and that would likely be a high number.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    honestly if it were me buying a new mag or even a used mag i would prefer to have the threads correct and would pay to have the peace of mind. If we were talking about a run of the feednecks im sure that someone could get them done under $20 a piece and that would likely be a high number.
    Agreed. I dont see the reasoning in buying these, stripping the anno, re-anodizing and selling them as an AGD part, makes no sense.

realistically they could probably get a deal with kee to have just the tops made raw

I believe he's changed his mind about using the threaded rings, he's a least reconsidering other options.

I am fairly ignorant on the options available and I may be wrong entirely but I think I read somewhere that AGD was going to use an Inception Designs Angel threaded Empire style feedneck.

Quote Originally Posted by JKR View Post
    I am fairly ignorant on the options available and I may be wrong entirely but I think I read somewhere that AGD was going to use an Inception Designs Angel threaded Empire style feedneck.
    Glad to see some new ideas from AGD !

But dont get me started on the Empire feednecks, they are gigantic and flat out ugly, although they do have the lever clamp, and thats a good thing.

The whole threaded part being a separate part from the feedneck is in the opposite direction of innovation.

It was the first thing that got changed on my Axes, but thats just one guys opinion.

Glad to see some new ideas from AGD !

But dont get me started on the Empire feednecks, they are gigantic and flat out ugly, although they do have the lever clamp, and thats a good thing.

The whole threaded part being a separate part from the feedneck is in the opposite direction of innovation.

It was the first thing that got changed on my Axes, but thats just one guys opinion.
    Lol... Its a stronger design, allows for more options(if available), more readily available, and they do it just to get you angry cause its not a nano feedneck which you loved so much.

I see it much like the T-slot for ASAs. Innovation is always looked upon as "why the need to change it", but in this instance, having a stub on the body without a threaded bung is the best, but having a small threaded collar is secondly, IF they do have features that the manority want.

Allen, if you feel so strongly, fund a nano-esque feedneck for your own needs and those that prefer them. put your money where your mouth is. I like the Empire feedneck. I also suspect i will like the Inception Designs feedneck when it is made(the same designer did the Empire one).

I can neither confirm nor deny any talks of AGD & Inception Designs, but prior relationships with Simon, TK, & AGD are there so it is not out of the possibilities.

As for the guns, i like them. Not in the market for one, but the idea that AGD is doing pre-built anno'd guns is a nice move to gain potential capital for a possible new or even updated product.

No need to reinvent the wheel, Violent still makes them :

http://violentseries.com/low-proclam...l-axemini.aspx

They thread right onto a ULE.

No need to reinvent the wheel, Violent still makes them :

http://violentseries.com/low-proclam...l-axemini.aspx

They thread right onto a ULE.

doesn't solve the thread issue.

doesn't solve the thread issue.
    Allen like any OCD person needs to say something about the feedneck once a day.

Back to the thread. They look great, definetly a step out from your basic black. They have a sense of style and playability(the locking feedneck is the key). As much as you want an ASA with them having an ASA, it would be a 2nd outsiurced part and though a PE POPS is liked by all, that would increase the price dramatically.

i would actually avoid the pops since some people will likely want to run the shp.

i would actually avoid the pops since some people will likely want to run the shp.
    I run an shp on my pops

I was told they are probably going to use CP feednecks...with Ion threads...which is understood to be the same as angel threads

Just did a quick search, seems the threads aren't quite the same (between Ions and Angel threads), if one or the other is worn enough it'd fit it seems, I haven't tried it myself.

Would be nice if threading were standardized to some extent, at least with this kind of stuff

Is it getting that hard to find reliable stockpiles of angel threaded feednecks? Doesn't CCM still have a good amount on stock? Not to mention Luke's new feednecks.

Quote Originally Posted by BiNumber3 View Post
    Just did a quick search, seems the threads aren't quite the same (between Ions and Angel threads), if one or the other is worn enough it'd fit it seems, I haven't tried it myself.

Would be nice if threading were standardized to some extent, at least with this kind of stuff

Is it getting that hard to find reliable stockpiles of angel threaded feednecks? Doesn't CCM still have a good amount on stock? Not to mention Luke's new feednecks.
    I dont think CCM makes angel threaded feednecks anymore.

I also mentioned to Tim that I think he should be posting it all on THIS Site. We paid alot of money to keep this site up and alot of us dont do Facebook because it sucks!

http://store.chipleymachine.com/angel-feednecks-1/

They're still in stock it seems, not sure how many and if they're still in production though.

And ANS has a number of Custom Products ones, though not sure on the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    I was told they are probably going to use CP feednecks...with Ion threads...which is understood to be the same as angel threads
    This would be a disaster. They don't have enough threads to hang on. I have several ion threaded feednecks that work great, but I had two brand new CP ones that came right off on the same day.
    I even asked about it 3 years ago and everyone said they were junk. https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...-CP-feed-necks

Ah, so the ANS CP feednecks aren't really "Angel Threaded" despite the labelling