Thread: Dove asa help

Dove asa help

So I have a agd y frame and it has the dovetail mount milled on the bottom. I want to put a asa wegde on it so the back of tank is up. I found a wegde but it is direct mount on both sides. Is there an adapter for dovetail to direct mount or does anyone know of a asa wegde that is dovetail on both sides.

Why not just have the dovetail machined off your Y grip?

That's what I have but I want a asa wegde to tilt the tank up and the only on I found is a direct mount wegde

Yes, mill it off and use the direct mount wedge without an adapter.

You mean your Y-grip doesn't have holes tapped for direct mount ASAs, even through the dovetail mount?

The Y should still have the direct mount holes. Does it not?

Ya it does so it should be fine just wanted to know if there is a wedged out there that is dovetail on top and bottom because it would be better to use the dovetail on the frame if its there.

That does not mount to the marker by dove tail.

I don't think I've ever seen a wedge that mounts via dovetail.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    That does not mount to the marker by dove tail.
    It doesnt have to.

Besides the wedge is nothing more than a rail to mount an asa on, and there are no double dove tail rails made that I've ever seen.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skier1995 View Post
    So I have a agd y frame and it has the dovetail mount milled on the bottom. I want to put a asa wegde on it so the back of tank is up. I found a wegde but it is direct mount on both sides. Is there an adapter for dovetail to direct mount or does anyone know of a asa wegde that is dovetail on both sides.
    could you not just bolt the wedge to the bottom of the y-grip as normal? just because it has a dovetail milled into doesn't mean you can't use the existing 10-32 mounting holes. just pretend the dovetail milled into the frame isn't there...no big deal. if you're concerned about aesthetics, you can get a black sharpie and color the milled part of the frame black; nobody will notice it from a distance.