Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Rumors of My Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated.

The Rumors of My Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated.

Yeah, so . . . I'm back!

Nothing planned in the pipeline, but don't be surprised if you see me around some more lately.

If you've got something you want to see, do speak up though.

I'm at least 200% the machinist I was when last I posted here, and my shop has grown new capabilities too, so many things are possible that might not have been in the past.

Also want to shout out to Luke from Luke's Customs. It had been a long time since I'd checked in on AO and his stuff in particular.

He's doin' some serious ass kicking work these days, and it makes me grin like an idiot to see how good he's gotten.

That is all, just wanted to say Hi! after having been gone for a very long time.

Logic Industries not not Logic Paintball huh ?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Logic Industries not not Logic Paintball huh ?
    Expanded into other things and needed a name that wasn't as specific as before.

I make hotrod and custom car parts now, tools and stuff for your shop, firearms and parts, and all sorts of other stuff as well (whatever comes in the door, really).

It's a mix of hired gun job shop stuff and design/manufacture stuff for myself and other people trying to get into the market.

Same as I did in PB really, just in a lot more genres of "stuff".

Good to see you again Ryan.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Thanks Ryan, great to see you're still alive and kicking.

This could get interesting. Glad you came back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Good to see you again Ryan.
    You too Tuna. Nice to see that some things (or people) are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thanks Ryan, great to see you're still alive and kicking.
    No worries man. Pleased as punch to see the kind of a machinist you've turned into.

Still learning job by job.

Still learning job by job.
    I am too.

If we're smart, we always will be.

Did you get some new CNC machines?

Heya!

Did you get some new CNC machines?
    Not exactly. However, I DID fix the one I had such that it would do what I told it to when I told it to. New spindle, new retention system, and a couple of new drive boards as well. Switched my CAD and CAM software while I was away, and that's all working much better now too. The CNC milling side is in tip top condition again, and has been making chips for four or five years now.

I'd very much like to buy a CNC lathe, but I can't decide whether to go with a slant bed or a gang tool machine, and work keeps fluctuating between what favors one or the other.

I don't want to buy a machine that ends up being a white elephant that I can't keep busy. Suffice to say that I've gotten very good at doing batch work on a manual lathe.

I have added some manual machines, and a lot of fabrication, tube bending, and welding equipment.

We also moved into a new shop.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Heya!
    Woooo! Hey, Scott. There ARE still some old timers around! lol

Whoa, welcome back!

Welcome back! I do like your frames for my fat fingers, and for that I thank you! I hope we're able to see some new stuff from your growth period away from paintball. I love seeing the small resurgence in paintball, a lot of history seems to becoming in full circle.

Oh, yes. Working on a PDW style (8" barrel, Sig brace, etc) chambered in .45 Auto (will use 30rnd M3 Grease Gun mags). Hope to have something brewing on that project again before the new year.

Also got a channel on YouTube where I put out videos on the work I'm doing in the shop. It's a kinda random mix of whatever I happen to be doing at the moment. Logic Industries YouTube Channel

Glad to see you're still around and sharp as ever, Home.

Quote Originally Posted by splat15k View Post
    Whoa, welcome back!

Thank you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    Welcome back! I do like your frames for my fat fingers, and for that I thank you! I hope we're able to see some new stuff from your growth period away from paintball. I love seeing the small resurgence in paintball, a lot of history seems to becoming in full circle.
    Barkingspider . . . what a wonderful name. Like Growling Tiger, Hidden Poopstain. lol

Somebody's gotta look out for us rotund fellows, elsewise the skinnies will remake the world in their emaciated image.

Still around - did a "kickstarter" to fund new software and servers so that AO will live on for a long while.

Sweet!

Welcome back!

Hopefully you're back playing again as well as looking at making new stuff.
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    Still around - did a "kickstarter" to fund new software and servers so that AO will live on for a long while.
    Hell, EVERYBODY's still here. lol I thought the place had that certain "new server smell".

Quote Originally Posted by zondo View Post
    Sweet!

Welcome back!

Hopefully you're back playing again as well as looking at making new stuff.
    I'm gonna dust off some stuff I had put aside when I left for the dreaded Day Job™, so we'll see if something new can come from that.

Playing will be much harder. ALL my guys are scattered to the winds. Some got married, some died (for the purposes of paintball, essentially the same thing as getting married), two or three joined the Army/Marines and are now in different countries, etc, and the closest walk-on field is ~100 miles away.

On the up side, all that money I would have spent on paint instead gets spent on tools and ammo (which is similar to paint, only with a copper jacket ).

Besides, to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure my knees are up to it anymore. I'm a lot closer to 40 than I was when I left. lol

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    I'm a lot closer to 40 than I was when I left. lol
    I didnt know you were that young.....

My oldest son turned 33 this month.

I'm playing Saturday Lord willing and the creek dont rise.

Supposed to be a high of 92 Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I didnt know you were that young.....

My oldest son turned 33 this month.

I'm playing Saturday Lord willing and the creek dont rise.

Supposed to be a high of 92 Saturday.

Yeah, I'm 36 this year. Just a whipper snapper to some folks, but I've noticed that my knees seem to think that they're closer to 60 than 40.

I went out shooting last weekend, and it was like 98 degrees that day. I had to wring out my shorts before I went inside at the end of the day. lol

I could probably pull it off, but if I spent much time playing from my knees like I did years ago, I know I'd be feeling it the next day.

Spent too much time in the shop without anti-stress mats, several years into the machining thing at least before it dawned on me why my knees and feet hurt so much all the time.

Now I've got 'em everywhere, but the damage might already be done.

Losing weight will help too, but what can I say, I like cheeseburgers and BBQ.

Lost about 40LBS over the holidays this last year, but had to get (or rather notice and then get rid of) cancer to pull that off. That's a ****ty weight loss plan, BTW, I do not recommend it.

Just now starting to get back on song again, so almost seven months to get over that. Spent almost eight weeks under doctor's orders not to lift anything over 10lbs after my surgery (and unable to sit at my computer either, so it was stretched out on a recliner with various bits propped up here and there to reduce swelling). You would not believe how many Hallmark movies fit into eight weeks. I'm just gonna leave it at that. lol

Anyway, suffice to say that I'm glad to be back up and around and working out in the shop again. A man can go plum stir crazy being forced to sit still for that long with nothing to do but watching basic cable.

Glad you're back.

Happy that your health issues/problems are behind you.

I too have bad knees, but 10 years ago, i was smart enough to start playing with knee pads and they help immensely. Hell, i am starting to look at those silly comfort old people's shoes that Ringo Starr is hawking. Just because being on my feet for 9 hours a day my feet can't take it anymore.

But i just want to say, thanks for killing the resale value of all your old UMFs out there

Can't wait to see what else you have brewing. Welcome back.

"Knee problems" had the same problem for the past 6 years or so. Besides my age, it's probably due to all the years of going heavy on squats in the gym and working construction for most of my adult life.
    Started taking a supplement called MSM along with vitamin C that is necessary in order to absorb the MSM. Literally over night I was able to do deep knee bends (no weight) without any pain.
    After about 6 months of taking it religiously, my knees rarely hurt except on occasion after leg days in the gym.

I'm also on a regiment of vitamins and various supplements that has given me a new lease on life.

"Knee problems" had the same problem for the past 6 years or so. Besides my age, it's probably due to all the years of going heavy on squats in the gym and working construction for most of my adult life.
    Started taking a supplement called MSM along with vitamin C that is necessary in order to absorb the MSM. Literally over night I was able to do deep knee bends (no weight) without any pain.
    After about 6 months of taking it religiously, my knees rarely hurt except on occasion after leg days in the gym.

I'm also on a regiment of vitamins and various supplements that has given me a new lease on life.
    Hmmmm . . .

Gonna have to look into this stuff.

Mine aren't so bad that I can't get around, but after a full day in the shop, they hurt even just setting around the house.

Thanks for the tip.

Don't tell the doctors that though...

Umf ii !!!

Quote Originally Posted by robertreed711 View Post
    Umf ii !!!
    Perhaps, yes.

Umf ii !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    Perhaps, yes.
    If you want to design the UMF II to be a drop in pneu-mag using my T-Rex assembly I'll share the necessary geometry. All you need to do is make the top cavity a smidgen wider and longer toward the trigger. Plus you need to add a 6-32 threaded tab in the back of the frame. There is plenty of room for the change, just a thought...

This is the 6-32 mounting tab for the T-Rex.

If you want to design the UMF II to be a drop in pneu-mag using my T-Rex assembly I'll share the necessary geometry. All you need to do is make the top cavity a smidgen wider and longer toward the trigger. Plus you need to add a 6-32 threaded tab in the back of the frame. There is plenty of room for the change, just a thought...

This is the 6-32 mounting tab for the T-Rex.

Damn, that's too good a deal to pass up.

Email me the specs and I'll get started on the new drawings.

Might make a few other changes as well, to differentiate the new from the old, make 'em a little slicker looking, etc.

Thank you for the generous offer Luke, I appreciate it, and I expect that the customer base will too.

Cooperation between the aftermarket mfgs makes mix-n-match builds much more seamless for the end user.