Thread: Older valve issue

Older valve issue

Hi guys,

So I know I posted once before but I've got two valves and I want to fix the older one as a backup.

I noticed my gun leaking out of the trigger area after I put a case of paint through it and I'm almost positive it's because there's those two nested orings at the top of the on/off assembly that are supposed to fit inside of eachother but the middle one keeps popping out of the other which causes the on/off assembly to pop out and causes the air leaks.

My solution is buy some really fine sandpaper and sand the middle oring down a hair's width until it fits in the other oring snuggly. Anyone else dealt with this before, will that work? Is there something I'm missing?

The two top orings in the on-off might cause bolt stick issues but not leaking out the trigger area. Leaking out the trigger area, is one of the lower orings, either the one inside or the larger one outside. Are you sure its the on-off area? Sometimes a leak out the front can sound like its coming from the trigger area. Listen closely in the breach area.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Pretty sure it's the trigger area, I've heard all kinds of leaks. lol

My on/off is the number 4 on the on/off reference post. Possible it could be one of the lower one's, I could check the smaller one out maybe but it seems to me that those top two orings should really nest snuggly and not pop out of eachother because every time I apply a little pressure with my thumb to the on/off assembly in the valve it goes in then pops back out a little after I take my fingers off. And a lot of times when I do hear that leaking from the trigger area I do get some bolt stick on the next shot.

Well, I'm going to try my idea and I'll also replace that top oring and see if anything works, I've got spares and the orings ain't expensive. Then I'll let you guys know. Just waiting on some extra fine sandpaper.

The on-off referenced is a centerflag on-off. It could be your problem. Try your X valve on-off assembly in the valve. It will work and give you a lighter trigger pull than a standard on-off. Then you will know for sure where your problem is. If it is the original on-off, then I suggest you get another retro on-off or a classic on-off for your classic valve.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Pretty sure it's the trigger area, I've heard all kinds of leaks. lol

My on/off is the number 4 on the on/off reference post. Possible it could be one of the lower one's, I could check the smaller one out maybe but it seems to me that those top two orings should really nest snuggly and not pop out of eachother because every time I apply a little pressure with my thumb to the on/off assembly in the valve it goes in then pops back out a little after I take my fingers off. And a lot of times when I do hear that leaking from the trigger area I do get some bolt stick on the next shot.

Well, I'm going to try my idea and I'll also replace that top oring and see if anything works, I've got spares and the orings ain't expensive. Then I'll let you guys know. Just waiting on some extra fine sandpaper.
    well, the easy thing to do is just find a pair of o-rings that fit better. that is, if you have spares.

I had like 4 different teflon orings, they all did more or less the same thing. I hear you have a "break them in" sometimes but it seems way easier to just do this.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    I had like 4 different teflon orings, they all did more or less the same thing. I hear you have a "break them in" sometimes but it seems way easier to just do this.
    gotta try them with different power tube o-rings, as those tend to vary more in size.