Thread: EMag Not Shooting...On/off Problem?

EMag Not Shooting...On/off Problem?

Emag won't shot in either mode. The on/off pin is not resetting its just sticking and did a search and thought my lvl10 isn't tuned, so I bought a number 3 carrier and it fits fine, slides easy. I was having problems with the 2.5 I was using before because the gun just wouldn't shot sometimes when I played. But after changing out the carrier, it's sitting doing nothing the pin isn't coming out. I'm at a lost, please help.

Pull the valve out, replace all of the on/off orings and lube generously. Make sure you change out the black quad on/off oring in the top. THey go bad and can get 'sticky'.

make sure it has a .712 on/off pin

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    make sure it has a .712 on/off pin
    Just measured the pin and it's .750... : / No wonder I've been beating my head over. I wonder if AGD will give me another one since I ordered it from them. But it has been a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by HolySokz View Post
    Just measured the pin and it's .750... : / No wonder I've been beating my head over. I wonder if AGD will give me another one since I ordered it from them. But it has been a few weeks.
    You can easily file it down to the appropriate length. Just check often and see what works for you and your emag.

Lets say that the pin was to short to begin with would I have this problem? The longer pin would let it fire but not RT? I think I was a noob at reading my ruler. : /

The longer pin might not let it fire. It won't necessarily reset the sear. If the pin is the correct length, it should reset properly. Does your emag use one oring in the on-off top or two? Are you using a quad oring or a urethane oring? The quad oring requires the 0.712" pin, and the urethane oring requires the 0.725" pin. You should be using the quad oring with the shorter pin. It just works better.

When it doesn't reset on its own, can you push the bolt back allowing it to reset? That would be an indicator of a bolt stick issue.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    The longer pin might not let it fire. It won't necessarily reset the sear. If the pin is the correct length, it should reset properly. Does your emag use one oring in the on-off top or two? Are you using a quad oring or a urethane oring? The quad oring requires the 0.712" pin, and the urethane oring requires the 0.725" pin. You should be using the quad oring with the shorter pin. It just works better.

When it doesn't reset on its own, can you push the bolt back allowing it to reset? That would be an indicator of a bolt stick issue.
    It uses the quad o-ring and the outer urethane ring. When I air it up, it takes a sec for the trigger pin to pop out after that I pull the trigger all the way back to where it's flush against the frame and it does not fire. I can repeat this process over and over and nothing will happen. I'll get a hold of Tuna and grab another pin. I did replace the orings in the onoff pin and the same result.

The symptoms you are describing are bolt stick related caused by a carrier that is too tight. It is preventing the bolt from resetting quickly. If you are using a carrier size as large as the one you have, perhaps you should change orings. There may be a flaw in your oring that is causing your problem.

I should have clarified the pin length with respect to resetting the sear. The longer pin will allow the trigger rod to reset, but won't go far enough to open the air passage to charge the front chamber. This is due to the higher mass of the emag sear assembly. The shorter pin doesn't go as far into the on-off assembly orings, so it doesn't have to move as far when resetting.