Thread: Advice about new Automag...is RT really fair anywhere?

Advice about new Automag...is RT really fair anywhere?

During school, I sold my warp-fed Automag (and many other toys). I'm hoping to get a new one soon after I get a job. I'm considering getting a RT on/off with a SHP reg...but I imagine that that perhaps that's just too much rate-of-fire for regular play (I don't know, I had a ULE trigger on/off in my old Automag and I've never used an RT). The other idea I have is to get a T-Rex from Lukes (this is a pneumag, right?).

I assume that the Pneumag is more appropriate for recball among mixed walk-ons and rental players. I just thought I'd solicit some opinions here. Fire away!

Well I run both RT and A ULT depending on how I feel. All of my markers are very controllable as far as letting them RT. Everything as far as fair goes it depends on the other people I am playing with. When I get a bunch of young 20's late teens running around with fancy new electo markers beating up on kids with rentals i pick a marker and just let it sing as fast as it wants to go, but let the rental kids shoot me out. So is it fair? No (sometimes). But is it the right thing to do? Maybe but you have to make the call or let the people ruining someone elses day make it for you...

^^^^^^^^
    Could not agree more, all my mags including pneumag and epmag, will shot fast I want. My style of play will change depending on who I am against, if they are new I won't has aggressive and keep my rate low. If they are so called field or some sort of team then I will running to the front and higher rate. Though even my high rate is not has fast has they dump still. Or I will pull out my double barrel ditto pump.

I don't like Newbi bashing!!!! After a few games I can tell who's a noob and who to open up on. I had a team mate who would just rip anyone and I've lit him up from behind when he'd go after noobs unfairly. I'd bring out the RT against experienced players and a pump vs. noobs. And I'll tell you what, I loved to listen to young player's brag to their friends bout how they took me down. They'd come back next weekend too.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

No matter what marker you use its the person behind it controlling the speed. Weather I use my Geo or RT rof has never been an issue unless I as the user made it an issue.

I am to the point where I tend to avoid the Friday night firefights with the kids who want to show off their uncapped axe pros and such. This means I play mostly with renters and rec walk ons, most of whom are playing with low-end Tippman variants and weird mil-sim guns that always seem broken. I have a one-legged t-rex set up that I will use if it really gets hairy, but I mostly play with a pump mag with one of KNM's snap-on stock class feeds. It makes things more fair, except for the fact that I can really tuck into a bunker and not expose any hopper.

It also has the distinct advantage of conserving paint... I shoot 5-10 balls in a short game, maybe 30 in a long game. I can play for two days on a 500 bag, which is awesome (and keeps the wife happy because the paintball budget is MUCH lower than it could be).

Shoot what you want.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Quillen View Post
    During school, I sold my warp-fed Automag (and many other toys). I'm hoping to get a new one soon after I get a job. I'm considering getting a RT on/off with a SHP reg...but I imagine that that perhaps that's just too much rate-of-fire for regular play (I don't know, I had a ULE trigger on/off in my old Automag and I've never used an RT). The other idea I have is to get a T-Rex from Lukes (this is a pneumag, right?).

I assume that the Pneumag is more appropriate for recball among mixed walk-ons and rental players. I just thought I'd solicit some opinions here. Fire away!
    how reactive the gun is all depends on how you set it up. just because it's an rt, doesn't mean you'll be shooting 20 bps ropes all day. you can have it to where it is very controllable - single shots when you want them, and 3-round burst @ ~10 bps or so when you want that as well.

Your RT will most likely not be too much ROF for regular play. At least not in my experience. Like Cyco-dude said, you can have a very controllable 10BPS, especially with a standard 800-850psi input. And even in regular play, any one with an electro (which is usually most people not using a rental) will probably be walking or ramping their way up to 15bps all day.

You can also throw a shake and bake hopper on an RT with a level 10. You have to work to throw a lot of paint, but you still have to make sure you don't double tap the wrong person.

All the fields I play at only concern themselves with RoF when someone is consistently over shooting people. Even then it's "Hey cool it with the over shooting". Add to that, most refs aren't old enough to know what an RT is. They are just going to assume you are ramping your e-trigger like everyone else.