Thread: Micromag valve questions

Micromag valve questions

Getting back into the sport and I landed a deal on a gen 4 micromag. I put some air into it and and started losing air out of the front of the gun. I turned the regulator counter clockwise and it stopped. I noticed however that the regulator was really loose. I could easily turn it by hand. The gun would not fire.

Can I send this in for a rebuild or is something I do myself? If I do it myself what do you guys recommend? I was looking to get an xvalve down the road but was hoping to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by cmbtbiker View Post
    Getting back into the sport and I landed a deal on a gen 4 micromag. I put some air into it and and started losing air out of the front of the gun. I turned the regulator counter clockwise and it stopped. I noticed however that the regulator was really loose. I could easily turn it by hand. The gun would not fire.

Can I send this in for a rebuild or is something I do myself? If I do it myself what do you guys recommend? I was looking to get an xvalve down the road but was hoping to wait.
    Send it here and I'll fix it for you. Email me. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cmbtbiker View Post

lol, if you can turn the regulator adjustment nut by hand then it's too loose. the leaking stopped because the valve was not getting any air. if the leak stops when you hold the trigger (once you turn the velocity back up), then the leak is in the power tube (change power tube o-ring). but if that's bad, the valve likely just needs a rebuild. $20 parts kit, an o-ring pick, and 30 minutes and you can do it yourself if you're mechanically inclined. here's a troubleshooting video that any new mag owner should watch.