Thread: Look what I found.... <3

Look what I found.... <3

Found the valve to my very first Automag I bought when I was about 17 (2002'ish). I remember spending days and days trying to find it before just assuming that my parents tossed it in the trash while I was away at bootcamp. I can't wait to give this little guy some new life.

Speaking of which...the rails and sear/trigger pins are different specs than an Xvalve, am I remembering correctly?

Name:  thumbnail_IMG_2561.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  43.0 KBName:  thumbnail_IMG_2563.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  37.1 KB
    Last edited by dahoeb; 08-14-2016 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Questions....

Cool story bro.

Cool socks too !

lol thanks. The socks NEVER come off......never.....

No. Your newly found Automag Classic valve is 100% interchangeable with an X-valve as long as the gun, itself, is mechanical and not electropneumatic like an Emag. The rail and sear don't matter. Simply swap valves and you're good to go. Enjoy.

The only thing you have to worry about is using a classic sear in a classic rail and a RTP sear in a RTP rail. Other than that, have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by dahoeb View Post
    lol thanks. The socks NEVER come off......never.....
    How do they stay so white ?

I ordered a classic valve rebuild kit, turns out I didn't need it. I oiled the O-Rings, gassed it up, and it worked beautifully. Level 10 and all. I've heard stories of stuff like this happening with mags, but sitting in a box for 13+ years and still being field ready is mighty impressive.
    Name:  IMG_2637.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  175.8 KB

You might still want to replace the regulator seal depending on how consistent it is. Mine sat for 5 years and dry fired fine, then I played 2 full days with it but it was all over the chrono, +/- 15 or so. Replaced the bolt spring and regulator seat and now it's back to +/- 5.

Quote Originally Posted by paint magnet View Post
    You might still want to replace the regulator seal depending on how consistent it is. Mine sat for 5 years and dry fired fine, then I played 2 full days with it but it was all over the chrono, +/- 15 or so. Replaced the bolt spring and regulator seat and now it's back to +/- 5.
    Thanks for the heads up, greatly appreciated. I'll clean/grease the reg spring while i have it opened up too.