Thread: what does AGD stand for?

what does AGD stand for?

apparently i dont know, i got a new phone and cant rememeber my password for the life of me...tried to just reset it but i cant answer the random question before getting to reset my password...

Its case sensitive. Any one of these will work.

AirGun Designs

airgun designs

air gun designs

Airgun Designs

Anna's garden delight
    A Girl Dancing
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Awesome guns deliver

Awesome Green Dog?
    One of the most enduring markers ever.
    https://youtu.be/S5aMMRes2u4
    When all other markers die Mags will still be here!
    Last edited by Runamok; 08-16-2016 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819 View Post
    apparently i dont know, i got a new phone and cant rememeber my password for the life of me...tried to just reset it but i cant answer the random question before getting to reset my password...
    quality
    ......You know you want one!!

Quote Originally Posted by loguzzzzzz View Post
    quality
    boom!

Asss goes down
    Aardvark good dinner
    Always get deposit
    Answers greatly depends
    Acronyms get diminished

I could go on...

Always go deep

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Always go deep
    I bet you hear that a lot

And come mow my lawn...

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I bet you hear that a lot

And come mow my lawn...
    Wait, ACMML ?

Automags, gad dammit!

Amazing innovation followed by a decade of stagnation and then pretending that a little anodizing can be called a new gun?

Works on PBN, new "custom anodized".

I'd just like to see something more substantial come out of AGD in the future. Put an improved banjo bolt on the X-Valve and go 100% hoseless. New frames, triggers, bodies, etc. I love and admire Tom's desire to "leave no AGD owner behind" by making the guns as modular and upgrade swappable as possible - but maybe we need to take notes from the proprietary Classic RT and move forward with a similar, but drastically updated design...

I have no inside information but as far as I know there are no engineers or designers employed with AGD at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I have no inside information but as far as I know there are no engineers or designers employed with AGD at this time.
    Do you need help with your resume?

I'm not looking to be employed. lol

However, everything you're asking for is either currently in R&D or on the R&D list in one form or another.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDRetro View Post
    I'd just like to see something more substantial come out of AGD in the future. Put an improved banjo bolt on the X-Valve and go 100% hoseless. New frames, triggers, bodies, etc. I love and admire Tom's desire to "leave no AGD owner behind" by making the guns as modular and upgrade swappable as possible - but maybe we need to take notes from the proprietary Classic RT and move forward with a similar, but drastically updated design...
    You do realize that you need to walk before you can walk and walk before you can run.

TK left and for the most part the innovation that put AGD way ahead of the contemporaries for years is not there. So for the past 10+ years AGD has done nothing more than status quo on parts. Though i assume that AGD has remained in the black, new products take time, money and more time & money to make it from idea, to prototype, to production. So you need capital and a base from which to grow on. That takes time.

So instead of moaning about what they should do, try to understand what AGD needs to do before you start finger pointing, playing armchair quarterback and think any business is easy, cause you barely have a clue...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    You do realize that you need to walk before you can walk and walk before you can run.

TK left and for the most part the innovation that put AGD way ahead of the contemporaries for years is not there. So for the past 10+ years AGD has done nothing more than status quo on parts. Though i assume that AGD has remained in the black, new products take time, money and more time & money to make it from idea, to prototype, to production. So you need capital and a base from which to grow on. That takes time.

So instead of moaning about what they should do, try to understand what AGD needs to do before you start finger pointing, playing armchair quarterback and think any business is easy, cause you barely have a clue...
    I "whine" because I care. As should any long term Mag enthusiast, we all want AGD to thrive. When Tom left in 2005 the Ego was just introduced and the Cyborg was going thru it's first "Sonic" treatment - both Planet Eclipse and MacDev were arguably smaller or at the very least, lesser known companies compared to Airgun Designs. AGD didn't maintain the status quo, they maintained the bare minimum. I understand that R&D, proto to production takes time and money, but in the time AGD has sit still we have seen more versions of the Ego than we'll ever need. The Etek is on it's 5th incarnation? The Geo and Etha have gone thru a ton of revisions. We've seen over a dozen guns come out of MacDev since the first Cyborg. These are companies that in 2003 made nothing more than body kits and upgrades for other companies guns. The Mag is an amazing platform and we have every right to "whine", I think we all want more Mag!
    Steve Shuey , Team Crimson Reign

I "whine" because I care. As should any long term Mag enthusiast, we all want AGD to thrive. When Tom left in 2005 the Ego was just introduced and the Cyborg was going thru it's first "Sonic" treatment - both Planet Eclipse and MacDev were arguably smaller or at the very least, lesser known companies compared to Airgun Designs. AGD didn't maintain the status quo, they maintained the bare minimum. I understand that R&D, proto to production takes time and money, but in the time AGD has sit still we have seen more versions of the Ego than we'll ever need. The Etek is on it's 5th incarnation? The Geo and Etha have gone thru a ton of revisions. We've seen over a dozen guns come out of MacDev since the first Cyborg. These are companies that in 2003 made nothing more than body kits and upgrades for other companies guns. The Mag is an amazing platform and we have every right to "whine", I think we all want more Mag!
    Actually, PE or in the time frame you are quoting, Eclipse, was for at least 5 years taking other companies guns (namely the cocker, shoebox shocker, impulse and B2K) and not only milling them but producing their own parts for them and other guns. Eclipse was also during that exploring their own gun either WGP or Blast(90% sure it was Bob Long) about a collaboration. That was the basis for the Ego. Also because of the tourney scene, they had multiple teams that used their guns, helping market the guns, which did a pretty good job of establishing market dominance. Something WDP once had and lost. So you think they are small (well they are less than i think 50 people in the company, probably less full time employees) yet they put out a product that is just that good. Add up all the different models and see that they established themselves in a way that AGD could only wish they could.

MacDev, even before the Cyborg, they like Eclipse took the cocker and B2K into their own private label guns before venturing into their own guns. With a multitude of parts and stand alone guns that was the basis (the Cyborg is the direct descendent of the B2K). Market tendencies only dictated having a spool type gun so as not to be bypassed by the masses and cause some had thought and could improve on the design.

Though i could surmise that with those 2 companies, it had taken a couple years from idea to production, but more so, those companies had a thriving basis on which to build upon, not just from this forum/website...

This makes TK sad

Quote Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
    This makes TK sad
    Lol, aren't we all sad?

Pretty much

Lol, aren't we all sad?
    Nope