View Poll Results: Do you prefer the ULT or the stock on/off on the X-valve.

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • ULT

7 31.82%
  • Stock

15 68.18%

Thread: Your preference...ULT or stock RT on/off....

Your preference...ULT or stock RT on/off....

I have never shot a ULT (usually liked the snappy-ness of the stock) but am thinking of finally investing in one once I move up to the X-valve. Does it minimize the RT affect at all?

So, like the title says, which do you guys prefer/use?

Stock rt on/off w/ medium/longer length pin accompanied by a quad oring and 850oitput tank...I feel the ult make the trigger too 'squishy', I too like the snappiness of stock

Quote Originally Posted by dahoeb View Post
    I have never shot a ULT (usually liked the snappy-ness of the stock) but am thinking of finally investing in one once I move up to the X-valve. Does it minimize the RT affect at all?

So, like the title says, which do you guys prefer/use?
    I prefer the ULT. (not that I dislike the stock RT on/off) One of the reasons is that it reduces the RT effect or completely eliminates it, depending on your setup. I also like the lighter trigger pull.

Stock. Snappy feel instead of squishy. Less tuning, although the ULT isn't bad to adjust. But mostly, less short stroking with a stock. I short stroke my stock on/off occasionally, because I'm constantly switching from electro to mech markers. The electros, for me, cause bad trigger pull habits on mech Automags and Autocockers. It was even worse when I had the ULT, so I switched to stock. I didn't notice much of a rate of fire difference with the ULT anyway.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

Start by saying I use neither so take my opinion for what it is worth. I use a L7 Classic valve with stock Classic on/off. However...I have a friend with a RT Pro that does have ULT and it has been a problem for him. It leaks right now...takes tiny little orings that seem to fail relatively soon after some use (at least his did). Beware the ULT is more maintenance and tuning sensitive...FYI.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    stock...ult can be walkable with the right setup, but rt just seems to be more reliable for me.

Either, my preference is that the gun fires without leaks and chuffing....

I have a few stocks and one ULT. The ULT is on a single trigger. I like to run it on a 900 psi tank. It has a little bit of bounce that will shoot the three or four balls in the feed stack. It's "just right" for me and I leave it like that. I try not to fiddle with it at all.

I like the RT in everything else, usually in classics too.

ULT for me, but I don't hate either one

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    I have a few stocks and one ULT. The ULT is on a single trigger. I like to run it on a 900 psi tank. It has a little bit of bounce that will shoot the three or four balls in the feed stack. It's "just right" for me and I leave it like that. I try not to fiddle with it at all.

I like the RT in everything else, usually in classics too.
    I really like the idea of a ULT in a single trigger frame, sounds fun.
    Last edited by dahoeb; 08-30-2016 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Typo

I like the ULT and the RT - neither is bad - but I prefer the feel of the ULT, especially with a single trigger, which is my favorite set up (RT might be more suitable with a double trigger for most people, though). The ULT trigger pull is very smooth, very light (obviously), and maximally short, which are all good things for accuracy. And once they're tuned, I don't find ULTs to be any less reliable than stock on/offs. As others have said, though, you will lose the RT effect with the ULT, but that doesn't bother me. My only gripes are 1.) they're not readily compatible with anything but an X-valve and 2.) the tiny ULT o-rings don't come in any AGD o-ring kits; you'll have to order them separately from Tuna if you want spares. Other than that, I have no complaints. I recommend at least trying a ULT if you ever get an X-valve.