Thread: Mech Tourney legal?

Mech Tourney legal?

What or how? I have a xvalve and classic. Would love to use the xvalve during a touney?

If you have a ule trigger you should be fine. Or you have a tank that puts out something like 700-750psi, IIRC, to lessen the reactive trigger, than you should be alright. That's assuming if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

You can use an rt on/off. As long as the gun only shoots 1 shot per trigger pull. I ran my valves mag in 2 different 10 man events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    You can use an rt on/off. As long as the gun only shoots 1 shot per trigger pull. I ran my valves mag in 2 different 10 man events.

He wanted to use the xvalve, although now that you mention it. He can do that for his classic. That's another option though.

He can use an rt on/off in the x valve and it’s tourney legal as long as it doesn’t rt.

I've heard some mixed stuff on this. This is all mostly word of mouth and random posts on forums but,

In smaller local tournies you would probably be fine but it's just up to the organizer

Larger though they are illegal for the simple fact that you can not guarantee it will not shoot above the bps cap. Basically since you can not "set" the fire rate tournies don't want to have a ref shadowing you just to make sure you are not firing above the limit while on the field

Could be wrong but just what I have gathered on the subject

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

That is incorrect.

They are tourney legal. Agd has reached out and said that it is. They have offered explanations etc. ultimately if you show up with a mag that rt’s it will not be allowed to be used. The cap is not for mech markers only for electros. It is to encourage mech play. Your best bet is to make sure your mag is shooting completely semi and if someone asks to shoot it ref/ event coordinator let them.

So there is no cap if you are using a mechanical?

Correct as long as you are using a mechanical marker that fires semi and does not rt. Exceptions being pneu mags

Seems odd because I feel like it's just a matter of time before someone finds a way of making a mechanical trigger super light and not using a RT. Then you are out there slinging 12bps when everyone else is capped lower and then they are just going to have to modify the rules again or modify equipment

Whatever though, if that's what makes people happy

That is exactly what is happening with the mech shocker, emek, gmek etc.

Kind of ironic, AGD pioneered a lot of these ideas and concepts. Yet people act like a lot of these mechanical gun features are new. AGD was truly a company ahead of its time.

Last edited by Gundam V; 12-24-2018 at 10:03 PM.

I've played in NXL (10 man) with my Mag with no issues. I run an X-Valve with ULT and a tank that's at 900psi. Yes you will be asked to let a ref shoot it for sure if there's any question. Just make sure its semi only.

Talk to the people running things. My local field owners are old school Mag shooters and understand what it takes - and doesn't take - to RT. Explaining and demonstrating such to the head ref also helps. Maintain your play integrity and you'll pave the way for other Mag shooters.
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

I feel like my ult rt's pretty crazy with a standard output tank. Does taking out shims reduce the rt effect? I havent really fiddled with the shims in there, but then again I dont plan on playing any tournaments anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BOB View Post
    I feel like my ult rt's pretty crazy with a standard output tank. Does taking out shims reduce the rt effect? I havent really fiddled with the shims in there, but then again I dont plan on playing any tournaments anytime soon.
    If you have many more shims in your ULT than the usual couple, taking a few out would definitely reduce reactivity. Adding shims effectively shortens the length of the pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Billz804 View Post
    If you have many more shims in your ULT than the usual couple, taking a few out would definitely reduce reactivity. Adding shims effectively shortens the length of the pin.
    Come to think of it when I set it up I did add shims till it went crazy then took one out so I do have it set up on that fine line. Its good to know I can just take the shims out and use it if need be for any reason. I never really fiddled with removing them.