Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Source / Bike Grip ?

Quote Originally Posted by RogueFactor View Post
    How many are folks wanting?
    I have one with the foam, needs replaced.

Really all the AGD refresh guns need the foam replaced....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I have one with the foam, needs replaced.

Really all the AGD refresh guns need the foam replaced....
    I was never a big fan of the foam. Some liked that style in the dye foregrips.

If there are 20 or more interested, I could look through some of my inventory. It would be the whole bike grip and RT Pro ASA.

Before making a mold BE, I think we should probably exhaust all other possibilities.
    I did get a response from the grip company, but I need to get them more info.

A 3D printed mold is a good idea. Have to source who could do the injection part.
    Both those idea's are above my pay grade...no 3D printing experience or injection molding experience.
    It seems like a plausible idea though.

Keep any idea's or sources coming.
    Thanks!

Tim "Sandman"

I would just use the original bike grip that AGD offered and make a rubber mold. Materials are readily available, cheap, and can be purchased in small quantities. It could be a pour mold or with a little imagination you could even do a poor mans injection mold. The following is only meant as an example in how to make a rubber mold not a design idea for a grip, I also left out the gates in the mold. The mold and the grip can be made out of rubber, the mold could be made in a few hours, the grip can be made in just about any color.

I'm not interested in making rubber grips but I'm wondering how many you would need to sell out your inventory of this style foregrip? (If you want to share that number)

It was my understanding that no one had any original style in stock any longer

I was never a big fan of the foam. Some liked that style in the dye foregrips.

If there are 20 or more interested, I could look through some of my inventory. It would be the whole bike grip and RT Pro ASA.
    Stick grips ?

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    It was my understanding that no one had any original style in stock any longer
    If by original style, you mean the AGD bike grip, I was never asked.

Stick grips ?
    The RPG Stick Grip was a re-anodized RT Pro Gas-Thru with the AGD Bike Grip grip. I purchased what I believe to be the last of AGD's inventory of those years ago. Whats out there is all there is, unless someone else intends to make more.

Of course the original grips are all gone. If they were not, I'd be using them.
    Luke, I like the mold idea , but whose going to make that mold?
    If the end product is going to have any quality I can't see how a 3D printed mold would work as they are typically not very good quality.
    3D is great to print a mold prototype, but the actual mold...I don't see that. At least not from my limited knowledge.

We are better off finding someone with the mold already.
    I am still trying to locate the original mold as that would obviously be the easiest, but no luck yet.
    UPDATE: The company is out of business. So no original mold to work with.

A mold that is close and can be masked off would work too.
    Crazy how what seems to be something so simple is really not that easy to procure.

If it was metal we could do it!

Luke, I like the mold idea , but whose going to make that mold?
    Big Evil, he likes this stuff. lol

If the end product is going to have any quality I can't see how a 3D printed mold would work as they are typically not very good quality.
    3D is great to print a mold prototype, but the actual mold...I don't see that. At least not from my limited knowledge.
    A printed mold wouldn't make quality grips.

We are better off finding someone with the mold already.
    You can probably make a soft rubber mold of the AGD Bike grip for less than $50

The company is out of business. So no original mold to work with.
    No biggie really.

If by original style, you mean the AGD bike grip, I was never asked.
    Well you sort of fell off the face of the earth ,, haven't heard from you in a while

Glad to see everyone working together and playing nice

Quote Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
    Glad to see everyone working together and playing nice

I play nice with everyone.

I have time off the next few weeks I can experiment with the mold idea.... I have plenty of those things laying around and could sacrifice one if need be.

The only issues I would foresee (other than being able to successfully mold one in the first place), is that the copy would be hard plastic, and that little lip that keeps them on wouldn't last long. Also, there will be a parting line where the two mold halves come together. May or may not look bad depending.

I have created parts like this for my job before. The easiest way we found to make parts was to use casting silicone in a pvc pipe with the part in the middle. Then we just cut the silicone mold in half and ouila, you have an exact mold copy. You insert the grip into the middle of the mold, use something like a female 1/8 npt fitting to keep it centered always, then slowly pour your urethane in. If you mixed it right there are no bubbles. If there are bubbles a vacuum chamber can take them out. After it cures, pull mold out of pipe and split in half. Preinstalled perfectly molded bike grip. Urethane can be ordered in any durometer you want so you can have a very hard or very squishy grip.

Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I have created parts like this for my job before. The easiest way we found to make parts was to use casting silicone in a pvc pipe with the part in the middle. Then we just cut the silicone mold in half and ouila, you have an exact mold copy. You insert the grip into the middle of the mold, use something like a female 1/8 npt fitting to keep it centered always, then slowly pour your urethane in. If you mixed it right there are no bubbles. If there are bubbles a vacuum chamber can take them out. After it cures, pull mold out of pipe and split in half. Preinstalled perfectly molded bike grip. Urethane can be ordered in any durometer you want so you can have a very hard or very squishy grip.
    The trick with castable Urethane is degassing it like you said. There are a lot of good products out there that do not require it to be degassed and that cure very durable. The downside is that you loose some of the options regarding durometer.

Every other marker in existence uses a metal regulator as it's "foregrip." I would design something aluminum that would screw into the existing vertical adapter. Make it compatible with the Exalt grips (or include one) and call it a day.

PBN Feedback AO Feedback eBay Feedback

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS (Rob Kenny and Matt Bradley) LIVE @ www.djinnuendo.com TUES 2/8 - 8 to 10PM

Quote Originally Posted by rkjunior303 View Post
    Every other marker in existence uses a metal regulator as it's "foregrip." I would design something aluminum that would screw into the existing vertical adapter. Make it compatible with the Exalt grips (or include one) and call it a day.
    AGD is sitting on inventory, makes no sense to toss it in the garbage.

Has anyone tried to contact exalt to make some? They seem like a logical company to pursue this with.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    AGD is sitting on inventory, makes no sense to toss it in the garbage.
    Oh, I must have misread. They're looking for JUST the rubber grip/foam.....

Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    Has anyone tried to contact exalt to make some? They seem like a logical company to pursue this with.
    Then we are back to the soft foam again with them.

What was the company that makes 45 grips, pods, and barrel plugs.. was it APP? I bet they could handle this.

Yeah APP
    The user formally known as Lancecst.

If I was a betting man I'd wager Allen Paintball doesn't make their products.

They probably just source it and sell it.

Probably a better chance with the rubber company in Ohio.

If someone was close by they could take them the rubber off a foregrip to duplicate.

I still think a vintage grip is the way to go.

These vintage coke bottle grips are cool, cut the bottoms off and you're good to go. Clean and simple.

I just purchased two vintage style sets with the finger grooves to see how they will look.
    There are a plethora of vintage grips that look usable to me, the old style grips look the most viable to cut to the proper length.

I'm not sure if this is the style that people want, nor if the ID is right? Palmer's Pursuit has ones that cover there regs

https://palmerspursuit.com/products/...nt=12133106631

If I was a betting man I'd wager Allen Paintball doesn't make their products.

They probably just source it and sell it.

Probably a better chance with the rubber company in Ohio.

If someone was close by they could take them the rubber off a foregrip to duplicate.
    Judging by the pics on their facebook page, they do.

Quote Originally Posted by rkjunior303 View Post
    This is really a good idea too. I"ll have to check how deep the inventory goes on vert grips. Would be nice to make something compatible with product already made.

I'll check with Allen PB. I've used them over the years for product. They made my first "Stopper" barrel plug.

Luke,
    Very interested to see how cutting existing grips goes. There are tons of grips out there. They just all need to be cut.
    If we could cut them well, then we could have almost whatever we wanted. Keep me posted.

I don't hate it>>