Thread: Sidekick

Sidekick

The Sidekick is a redesigned Off-Set Wedge with a twist. In addition to the tank being angled up at the back, it's also angled sideways. The rear of the tank is now shouldered in the same spot as the butt of a standard rifle stock. Now when you shoulder your marker the height is correct and is in alignment with the center of your vision without having to make corrections in how you aim and hold the marker. It only takes a light grip from your left hand to maintain the markers balance and pressure against your body while completely freeing up your right hand to walk the trigger. This is by far the easiest setup I've found to walk the trigger. It's also extremely easy to switch and shoot off your left shoulder while continuing to fire with your right hand. Aiming around the left side of a bunker only exposes a small profile while maintaining good balance and easy sighting down the marker. I find it feels just as natural shooting off the left shoulder as it does the right.

Nice

Thats very interesting. If I wasn't so attached to my large drop forward that might be something to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

I've always ran the large drops too, but not anymore.

What about the actual ASA itself ?

3 air ports ?

Interesting.

What about the actual ASA itself ?
    It's just a Armageddon regulator I customized. I've got a name plate designed to fit into the exposed dovetail behind the Sidkick to clean that up, then it's off to anodizing once I figure out what I want.

3 air ports ?
    Gauge
    Air fitting
    Burst disk

A few production shots I forgot about, looked much cooler when I took the pictures.

Completion of step #1 of 6, a five axis machine would have been handy in manufacturing these.

152 ?

Nice.

Sent mine off to anno before I had a chance to compare them with the 1st generation wedges.

Hopefully the upward angle isnt less on these, thats all I care about.

I still have a couple NDZ ones and they are perfect, but I just wanted to support mag-dom.

152 ?
    I think in total it was 156

Hopefully the upward angle isnt less on these, thats all I care about.
    It's completely different, you'll just have to judge it on it's own merit.

I honestly do think that these will fail. The surface area of a dovetail joint connecting the ASA to the mounting is far less than a T-slot, then with them being offset, the center of gravity will put undo pressure upon the top dove tail and have little to no support of the whole. I do not know if you had thought of that, or can not manufacturer the T-slot ASA or even choose to support the plethora of choices for dovetails over the T-slot. I hate to see anyone commit to this and have it fail on them. Been sitting on this, but needed to speak up.

I'll take that bet.

I've used a sideways dovetail for the last 5 years without any issue at all.

I made name plate to finish off the custom 'Geddon reg mounted on a Sidekick. This completes my first marker build for myself, just need's to go to ano.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I do not know if you had thought of that, or can not manufacturer the T-slot ASA or even choose to support the plethora of choices for dovetails over the T-slot.
    It's obvious that you pay very little attention to the products I make or the mods I've done for years.

The reason I didn't make a t-slot version is because they dont sell very well. I can track all my sells back almost 10 years so I have a pretty good grasp on the subject. I never stated I would never make a T-Slot version, if people start asking for them it's an easy addition to the line up. Had anyone expressed interest before production I would have made them.

On a side note, I knew up front these would be a tough sell based on the concept alone. I'm simply gambling that once people try them the majority will like them. For me personally I love the setup, it's actually the nicest setup I've ever shouldered in the past 25 years. For me it's a perfect fit and at this point there is nothing I can see to improve on.

Hey Doug, I have a never used 1st Gen Luke sidekick in t slot I'll never use.

Dust black, I don't use PE asa's any more, only Bob Long cam drives.

LMK

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    It's obvious that you pay very little attention to the products I make or the mods I've done for years.

The reason I didn't make a t-slot version is because they dont sell very well. I can track all my sells back almost 10 years so I have a pretty good grasp on the subject. I never stated I would never make a T-Slot version, if people start asking for them it's an easy addition to the line up. Had anyone expressed interest before production I would have made them.

On a side note, I knew up front these would be a tough sell based on the concept alone. I'm simply gambling that once people try them the majority will like them. For me personally I love the setup, it's actually the nicest setup I've ever shouldered in the past 25 years. For me it's a perfect fit and at this point there is nothing I can see to improve on.
    If i have no interest, then i do not follow it closely. Hell, i was hand making Empire feedneck adapters a year before you even threw your own into it. Can paying attention go both ways? So please reread what i wrote, cause i kinda spelled it out, with your choice on what you you make. As for T slots, if you look at what they are used on, and that there is not many that come without the adapter or are separated from their base guns.

My views on dovetails vs T slots comes from the guy who pushed for them as a standard on all guns. Maybe cause he saw how gun frames or ASAs where breaking on players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I do not know if you had thought of that, or can not manufacturer the T-slot ASA
    My 'paying attention" comment was directed at the statement above. I've been t-slotting grip frames for years, I've made t-slot adapter plates and my off-set wedges were made in both standard dovetails and the t-slot version. I sold three dovetail wedges to one t-slot wedge sold. T-slot machining is elementary in general, no difficulty at all.

Not to mention that the Sidekick is t-slotted on the top where it mounts to the grip frame>

I've never seen a dovetail fail, that said if someone was breaking them I would more concerned with the abuse they're doing to the HPA tank. Personally I've always babied my tanks, treated them like the bombs they are.

I do agree that the t-slot mount is far superior to the standard dovetail. That is however of little consequence if they don't sell.

The dovetail on the asa will break before the one on the rail will. Trust me I know, I've done it twice. Both times were from lawn darting the gun at an indoor field. The asa side of a dovetail will bend out and fall off of the rail. I'd prefer that over snapping a grip frame like has happened on a few PE guns with T slots.
    The user formally known as Lancecst.

When ever I read nobody's post I think of this lol