Thread: If AGD Wanted To Go Electronic ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If AGD Wanted To Go Electronic ?

If Airgun Designs wanted to go further than being the best brand new mechanical marker on the planet available.....

Would they just offer a bolt on electronic frame ?

Or would it take a complete redesign ?

From a sales standpoint I'm thinking redesign, but R&D means more $ and employees yadda yadda, lots of $ .

A bolt on electronic frame would be an interesting addition but how would it do from a sales standpoint is a good question.

What say you ?

can we say Centerflag ??

centerflag closed shop a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by d4m4don3 View Post
    centerflag closed shop a few years ago
    I know that ,, I was sayin the CF frame worked

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    I know that ,, I was sayin the CF frame worked
    It worked, but not well. It was a massive step forward but yet still had some problems.

I see more of a Egomag bolt on frame. Drop in kit with everything you would need. Of course, not using an ego frame, but a new frame that could incorporate those ideas that people have done before with them.

I think their best option would be to build an electro pneumatic frame. Build the lpr into the asa and have a fitting out to feed the valve. Clapper noids tend to make the frames really thick, require bulky capacitors, and they aren't as easy to source as a 3-way solenoid. The trilogy solenoid is about perfect when it comes to design of a push valve and noid built into one small unit. Have it fed by the lpr asa in a comfortable frame and you woukd have it made. I have built ego pneumag with this setup and it worked ok, but a purpose built frame that could be attached and played with would be great. If we want to truly bring the mag into current play, you would be looking at something like the tippmann crossover. Granted it could be done with better looks and design, it would essentially be the same gun.

If the pnue frames could somehow be capped (ROF) electronically it would be a nice option, otherwise it's a no go for tournaments.

And then there's the Mexican standoff on the pnue patents between DW and PTP, I seriously doubt AGD will want to go that route.

Agreed the ULT can be tricky to setup
    Maybe a new on/off something in between that an an RT on/off?