Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: If AGD Wanted To Go Electronic ?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    What are they going after this time?
    GI is suing Valken and APX saying the companies are violating their (originally PMI) patent on Marballizer.

GI was awarded an injunction stopping Valken from selling the said paint till the case is ended, Valken has settled in a former case which is not a good thing for them.

GI was denied an injunction for the same against APX, which has the best chance as they've never been sued or settled with GI.

Like Tom said, same people acting the same.

Such a vague patent should not have been granted.

Next thing you know there'll be a one color ball and a two color ball patent and everyone will be paying alimony to the 800 lb gorilla in the corner.

Gino Postorivo
    December 21, 2016 at 1:41pm · Camden, NJ ·
    Lost today's Emergency hearing.
    Valken can't sell 2 colors in Redemption that the judge said looks like marbles.
    Support Valken's other 58 paintballs.
    105 Likes107 Comments3 Shares
    https://www.facebook.com/gino.postor...11530265534804

This will give you an idea why the suit was filed in Texas:

Originally Posted by GI Sportz Press Release

Marballizer Injunction Granted Against Valken. Injunction covers all paintballs distributed by Valken that are similar in appearance to the GI Sportz Marballizer® paintball.

-- December 22, 2016 --

Camden, NJ - G.I. Sportz, Inc. announced today that on December 21, 2016 the United States District Court, for the District of New Jersey, granted GI Sportz’s request for a preliminary injunction against Valken Inc. to prohibit the sale or offer for sale of paintballs of similar appearance to GI Sportz’s Marballizer® paintballs in the United States until a full trial on the matter is concluded.

This injunction was issued based on claims that Valken infringes GI Sportz’s incontestable U.S. trade dress for its Marballizer® paintballs and that Valken breached a previous agreement with GI Sportz not to offer paintballs that look like GI Sportz’s Marballizer® paintballs. The Court specifically stated that:

“[GI Sportz] negotiated away pursuing the litigation (…) in exchange for a bargained-for clear, definable lane of permissible conduct, articulated by the parties in the contract in clear language and specific exemplars. [Valken’s] attempt now to rip that agreement up, go right back into the same market with an identical product suggests to me that they entered into this contract and received those concessions perhaps intending all along to not abide by the terms of that agreement. (…) [Valken] also entered into a contract not to sell the competing product and bound themselves to that, and [by] their conduct here now, (…) they have simply disregarded -- taken the benefit of a contract, assumed the benefits from it, and appear unwilling to honor (…) the benefit that they conferred on the plaintiff in this matter.”

The Court further went on to state that:
    “As a matter of trademark law, one thing that's unique and special about these United States is that we have always, indeed the founders, founding fathers recognized the importance of intellectual property rights. It makes our system a model for others around the world for many years. [Marballizer®] is a valid mark. It has been deemed by the law under a regime established by Congress to be incontestable. It is entitled to deference and respect.”

"We are gratified by the Court's decision to grant a preliminary injunction against Valken and the recognition by the Court of our Trade Dress," said Richmond Italia, GI Sportz’s CEO. "From the beginning, our decision to seek an injunction against Valken was to protect our sport and the hard working employees of the GI Sportz family. This latest ruling by the Court further confirms that the U.S. judicial system respects innovation and intellectual property, and will intervene to prevent the proliferation of knockoffs when necessary. The Marballizer® Trade Dress was invented by GI’s predecessors, and has been associated with high quality paintballs for decades. Instead of cultivating its own design, Valken has repeatedly sought to short-cut this effort and expense by simply copying what GI and its predecessors have worked so hard to develop.”

A full trial on GI Sportz’s claims of trade dress infringement and breach of contract against Valken Inc. is scheduled to be held in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey at a later date.

G.I. SPORTZ (GI) is the leading global manufacturer of paintballs and paintball related equipment, operating across six continents with distribution in over 100 countries. Founded in 2010 by a group of professional paintball players and business owners, GI’s mission is to consistently deliver innovative, high quality and performance improving products to the Player, Dealer and Field Owner. GI strives to ensure that its current and new product lines deliver game-changing experiences to its customers.
    Last edited by going_home; 01-02-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AGD View Post
    This thread is an interesting read. I have often pondered on how to make a low volume but still profitable marker. Something like a 'signature series' with only a restricted amount sold. Still that type of product would be at the very top price range of the market and that alone would bring on the complaints.

The market is SO small now it just shuts off most of the options. Maybe when the last of the gun manufacturers go out of business there will be enough demand. Very disappointing to see that the lawsuits have started up again. If you have the same people you get the same results.

AGD
    There have been some private label AutoCockers selling in the $1,200 - $1,500 range depending on the anodizing and finishes. Based on this there may be a market for some New AGD limited run specialty markers.

I'm referring to the Niche AutoCockers.
    ......You know you want one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
    There have been some private label AutoCockers selling in the $1,200 - $1,500 range depending on the anodizing and finishes. Based on this there may be a market for some New AGD limited run specialty markers.

I'm referring to the Niche AutoCockers.
    I've noticed A LOT of high end / limited Cockers selling in a much different fashion than I've seen before

Those guns also have nice milling. To me it is a combination the milling and anodizing that helps those markers command that kind of money. I can totally see why AGD is having a hard time selling the custom anodized guns, they aren't different other than the color, which is a highly personal thing.

I may be wrong but doesn't Niche offer you an option to pick the color you want for the anodizing. I know that BPS did when they did the Twisters.
    The user formally known as Lancecst.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueFactor View Post
    Thats funny right there^...and true! Well done, GH. Well done.

Sometimes dry southern humor gets lost in here.....