Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marbilizer ??

Marbilizer ??

so who's following this GI suit ??
    What do You think ??

APX just gave Kee/GI a big middle finger...posted on FB by Gino...

We at APX want to set the record straight about GI’s lawsuit against us.
    GI’s lawsuit against APX is not about protecting a patent. GI doesn’t have a patent. Kee Action Sports had a patent for blending two colors into a single gelatine ribbon - but that patent expired in 2014. The previously patented technology is now in the public domain - and everyone is free to use it. APX chose to make some paintballs using a two colored blended gelatine ribbon for simple reasons. With our Fyre grade, we think it looks cool and gives our customers a choice that is a little different. For our Dark Ops, which is made for woodsball, not only does it look cool, but its “cammo” and we think it blends in with the woods to make it harder to see coming. It seems our customers agree - our swirl paintball ball is very popular.
    What is GI claiming? That’s not entirely clear. It seems GI is claiming that GI is the only one in the world that can make a paintball using a gel ribbon with two blended colors. As we understand it, according to GI, any paintball that has a two color blended ribbon somehow “infringes” on GI’s “Marballizer.” APX disagrees.
    Specifically, GI claims that APX has “infringed” GI’s registered trademark for Marballizer paintballs by making paintballs that look like GI’s registered trademark. GI’s registered trademark looks like this:
    You might think the same thing we do. Infringe on your trademark? Really? Our paintballs don’t look anything like your trademark.
    What else is GI claiming? GI is claiming that APX is “passing off” APX “swirl” products as GI’s Marballizer. Specifically, GI claims that APX is seeking “to trade upon and/or diminish the widespread goodwill, reputation and selling power established by [GI], and to pass [APX’s] products off as those of GI.”
    Nothing could be further from the truth. We aren’t about to agree that “Marballizer” has a reputation that anyone would want, but we sure are not “trading upon” GI’s goodwill or reputation. APX markets and sells its “swirl” paintballs as “Fyre” and “Dark Ops.” All of APX’s advertising shows APX as the manufacturer, and APX’s boxes proudly display “Made in the USA.” GI sells its Marballizer in a box that says “Marballizer.” It’s well known that GI does no manufacturing in the U.S. The box labels on the Marballizer we recently purchased say that it was made in Asia. GI claims that people buy our swirl ball because they think it’s a Marballizer. We don’t know anybody that has purchased an APX “swirl” paintball thinking it was a Marballizer or that it was made by GI. Every single one of our customers knows that we made it.

These kind of lawsuits are usually instigated when one believes there opposition is weak. I don't see that to be the case at all with Valken. GI could be fishing for something... just my $.02

I know what its all about ,, I'm lookin about how you / we think about it

I think it's BS

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post

I think it's BS
    Absolutely. I wish GI would put as much effort into making paint that isn't total crap. I haven't shot a good case of marbs in years. Even Topgun has been slowly phasing Valken in.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Absolutely. I wish GI would put as much effort into making paint that isn't total crap. I haven't shot a good case of marbs in years. Even Topgun has been slowly phasing Valken in.
    Shot some APX Fyre last I played.

I wont be buying that stuff again.

When you pay 45 a case it should be better breaking than the 30 a case Triumph (made by GI) at Dicks, and its not.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...goryId=4414616

I think it's BS
    It is total BS. Nothing more that GI trying to save its faltering sales. They evidently can't produce quality so they are masking the stench of failure with a healthy load of crap.

Heh...marballizer used to be decent...back when I was paying about $90 a case...and that was cheap compared to when it was about $135 a case. I used to get it as my main ammo. Everyone else cheaped out and got the least expensive stuff they could find and then couldn't figure out why it curved so bad on them...if it even made it out of the barrel.

Last time I tried it it was total junk. Sadly disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Shot some APX Fyre last I played.

I wont be buying that stuff again.

When you pay 45 a case it should be better breaking than the 30 a case Triumph (made by GI) at Dicks, and its not.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...goryId=4414616
    If you are buying paint at Dicks or Wallymart then you have no right to complain about anything. :P

i haven't shot good paint since Zap back in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    If you are buying paint at Dicks or Wallymart then you have no right to complain about anything. :P
    I bought the APX at Wicked Sports.

What I meant to say is the Triumph at Dicks is as good if not better than the more expensive APX.

And yes I will be buying 30 dollar paint at Dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    i haven't shot good paint since Zap back in the 90's.
    Really that long ago? I've always thought paint took a quality dive after the early 2000s, but I didn't start playing until 1999. Sounds like I missed out on the really good stuff.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

I bought the APX at Wicked Sports.

What I meant to say is the Triumph at Dicks is as good if not better than the more expensive APX.

And yes I will be buying 30 dollar paint at Dicks.

I know you play with a church group a lot ,, you should talk with them and have them set up an account with Valken

I know you play with a church group a lot ,, you should talk with them and have them set up an account with Valken
    A local small storefront is the area GI rep, the one group pays for the paint after its sold and returns what isnt used.

The other group he delivers the paint and brings his 4500 compressor and supplies air for the day.

They are pretty locked in with him, and he does bring Valken and GI randomly, mostly what would be called field paint elsewhere.

Tends to be hit or miss on consistency.

Thats why I get my own paint.

I used to by Midnight from Sports Authority till it closed, I'd rate it a 7 out of 10, not bad for 30 dollars.

I've discovered that the Triumph from Dicks is the exact same GI paint renamed, same shell, same fill, same 30 dollars.

I usually shoot close to 2 cases a day, so the price tag is something that matters lol.

I have been shooting the triumph from dicks. Not great, not terrible either.

Any body remember these? back when companies took pride in their paint! Marbilizer was king back then!
    Found it when I was going through my old shed looking for warp parts the other day!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Evil1 View Post
    I have been shooting the triumph from dicks. Not great, not terrible either.
    Exactly.

It seems like any ball breaks I have are after they leave the barrel and no chops as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by proballer View Post
    Any body remember these? back when companies took pride in their paint! Marbilizer was king back then!
    Found it when I was going through my old shed looking for warp parts the other day!
    I totally remember those. Not bad paint at all. The only paint in my mind that sticks out as terrible was the brass eagle paint from my early days of playing and pro ball. Pro ball platinum was better. Evil paint kind of sucked sometimes too. Marbs back in the day always shot awesome for me no matter what gun. Nowadays, I mostly shoot triumph with minimal problems.

Weird I see so much ProBall hate, as I had the opposite experience.
    From about 96'-98' I remember proball being amazing. Great consistency, and this awesomely thick waxy chalky fill. That stuff was amazing. I've always thought it was the best paint.

I also remember Proball as decent paint.

Quote Originally Posted by proballer View Post
    And RP was made in the USA

Can we name a American manufacture of Paint today ,, I don't know of one ,, I wish I did , I'd sell it instead of boxes marked china & korea

I also remember Proball as decent paint.
    Pro ball was hard as a rock. If it didn't break you would call out from the pain. Otherwise yes. Thick fill. Consistant. And round.

I don't know. Maybe the proball at the local shop I frequented didn't have fresh paint or something. This was when I was a kid and walked or rode my bike to get paint for as cheap as possible. Paint was like $100 for a case then or more.

And RP was made in the USA

Can we name a American manufacture of Paint today ,, I don't know of one ,, I wish I did , I'd sell it instead of boxes marked china & korea

Nelson Paintballs are 100% made in the USA.

http://www.nelsonpaintball.com/paintballs

They are located in Michigan.

Wish someone around here sold them, never had the opportunity to try them.

Nelson Paintballs are 100% made in the USA.

http://www.nelsonpaintball.com/paintballs

They are located in Michigan.

Wish someone around here sold them, never had the opportunity to try them.
    I totally forgot about them. That's one of the older paintballs. A field in NY that no longer exists used to carry that exclusively and it was fpo. Always good paint.

I was wondering if Nelson was still around. Never had much luck with them the couple times we demoed them, usually extremely hard. But they use have some nice scenery at world cup every year, pretty sure that's the only reason we gave their paint more than one shot!

according to Simon, Nelson still makes small runs of .62 caliber paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil1 View Post
    I totally forgot about them. That's one of the older paintballs. A field in NY that no longer exists used to carry that exclusively and it was fpo. Always good paint.
    http://www.nelsonpaintball.com/about-us

They invented paintballs and the first paintball gun.

They were the first.

http://www.nelsonpaintball.com/about-us

They invented paintballs and the first paintball gun.

They were the first.

That's pretty cool information. Thank you. I knew they were old, but I didn't know all of that. Interesting stuff.