Thread: What kind of automag is this?

What kind of automag is this?

got this pretty little thang real cheaps...

anyone know what kind of "AGD Automag" these photos represent?

-Jim
    yes, i could have purchased something new for the same money.

Looks like a nice fire ball mountain autococker

any info would be appreciated!

i know nothing about this and would like a history lesson?

Not an automag at all, autocockers are by a completely different company.

Not much more I can contribute but others here can.

Ban him now!!!

It looks like a frankencocker to me - an autococker that was pieced together from spare parts that its previous owner had lying around as spares.

So heres a very brief history lesson.. First off, as has already been stated, this is not an automag. This is an autococker. Back in the day the big debate/rivalry in tournament paintball was the autococker vs. the automag. You can still buy modern versions of both guns, but they have generally been phased out of the market because of newer electropneumatic guns like the Ego or Axe, or mechanical blowback guns like the spyder or tippmann. You'll get a different answer to this based on who you ask, but the general consensus is that the autococker 'won the war of popularity' against the automag because of the external pneumatics, moving back block, and the fact that you can still use them in tournaments (basically, automags are too bad-ass for tournaments so arent allowed)

As I said in the opening, it looks like a frankencocker to me. The gripframe (the part that has the trigger and the grips) is made by a company called WGP (Worr Games Products). WGP basically invented and popularised the autococker, so parts are plentiful and easily recognizable. The front High Pressure Regulator (HPR) - the black tube that point downwards in front of the gripframe - is a stock WGP regulator, probably left over from a low end marker that had the HPR replaced by a better one. Moving onto the front block (the area where all the external pneumatics point forward at the front of the gun, there are three seperate components: the Low Pressure Regulator (LPR) is the one that has the screw knob. The 3-way actuator is the other small green piece. Both of these are aftermarket parts from a company called ANS Gear. ANS is still one of (if not THE) largest retailer of paintball equipment in the world, and still stocks those parts. They're low - middle of the road in terms of quality.

The other part on the front block - the silver one - is the Ram housing. You appear to have a Freeflow ram housing. Very nice.

The body of yhe gun is a little harder to call. It has no markings that I can see and its unanodized (its just raw metal with no colour or coating) so it could be an aborted custom job. If it is, getting those cool looking notches milled out of the back of the gun would have been easy enough if the owner had access to a CNC machine (or new someone who did) and then they may have abandoned the project once they realized how expensive it was going to be to anodize this. That being said - i have no idea who made the body. If I had to guess.. I would hazard that its a freeflow someone started to modify and then gave up on... But theres something about the feed tube that doesnt look right for a freeflow. It may just be a regular old WGP. Im not sure.

That said - one of the scratches shows FBM. FBM is a custom painball company. They can do alterations, and they also occasionally sell customs. If the FBM scratchings relate to FBM the company, I would assume that all FBM did was put those notches in the back and that this is not an FBM custom cocker.

The bolt is a Shockteck Supafly. Its a very nice aftermarket bolt.

One thing you cant see from here are the internals. I dont recommend you try to take the internals out, but given how many different pieces and parts are represented on this gun, you gotta wonder what those guts look like.

Hope this helps! Does anyone have a better idea of what that body might be?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Body is a FBM (fireball mountain) Razor.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

^ yup ^

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79 View Post
    Ban him now!!!

Toms Gun Show I think you're right.

I was kinda guessing the gripframe and forgrip were from a tillogy or something silly like that?

the frame seems decent, but the WGP jewels are pretty cheesey looking and feeling.

anybody got an idea of value?

all together, and body seperate?

$150-200

Unless you spend the time to learn how to time it, replumb the pneumatics, get it shooting, then take the first offer you are given. The only good thing is the feedneck is threaded for angel feednecks, so you can stick something that isn't a hughrise feedneck to attract a little more interest

definitely going to get her running.

anyone got links to the infos i would need?

Quote Originally Posted by tucson.az.jbreen View Post
    definitely going to get her running.

anyone got links to the infos i would need?
    I realize Mike isn't thr most popular guy. But damn this is a thorough video:

https://youtu.be/Yty2wMSSQDk

Quote Originally Posted by Toms Gun Show View Post
    I realize Mike isn't thr most popular guy. But damn this is a thorough video:

https://youtu.be/Yty2wMSSQDk

That thread on PBN about him ripping off the bidders on his markers bids site is beyond ridiculous.

Every time he posts its like pouring gasoline on a fire, he just needs to quietly fade away, I say that and he's local to me.

Having said that carter brown has no room to talk piling on like that with his mindless drivel of a forum.....

I actually saw an auto cocker many many years ago that had a customized classic mag valve body as the hpr. This was 97 or 98. Way before camera phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil1 View Post
    I actually saw an auto cocker many many years ago that had a customized classic mag valve body as the hpr. This was 97 or 98. Way before camera phones.
    Are you sure it wasn't a unireg? They are basically an automag valve that was air America's regulator. And the reg of choice in the mid 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't a unireg? They are basically an automag valve that was air America's regulator. And the reg of choice in the mid 90s.
    It was just about the only reg worth a damn from the mid to late 90's

If it literally looked like a mag valve then i am 99% sure that it was a unireg. Hell, Air America didn't change the design till the Vigilante (other than changing materials & trying to take off the excess weight).

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    It was just about the only reg worth a damn from the mid to late 90's

If it literally looked like a mag valve then i am 99% sure that it was a unireg. Hell, Air America didn't change the design till the Vigilante (other than changing materials & trying to take off the excess weight).
    They were a tank. Looked just like a AA raptor reg. Then again they are all basically the same.

It was a cut mag body and valve. I remember talking to the guy and he made an adaptor to fit the power tube threading to the asa and had a cut body and custom on off assembly made to get rid of the on off. I probably wouldn't have noticed if it didn't say 68 automag and a.i.r valve on it. It was a cool cocker and it shot very well for the time. I always thought that was interesting. Many people called bs on this story over the years, but like I said, pre camera phones.