Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planet Eclipse

Planet Eclipse

Is it just me or does planet eclipse kind of suck for any support on their older guns? I mean my gun works extremely well. Very well made gun. But it seems when something is needed, they try to just push you into buying their newest gun. I understand that is business. Maybe I just got spoiled dealing with and for many years and I'm used to being able to buy parts easily by any gun ever made by and.

How olds the marker in question? Can't say I've had any issues other than bad balldetents. I know they were replacing cs1 bodies in the blink of an eye if they bent. But not sure at all with old.... old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    How olds the marker in question? Can't say I've had any issues other than bad balldetents. I know they were replacing cs1 bodies in the blink of an eye if they bent. But not sure at all with old.... old stuff.
    I shoot an ego 7. Previous owner stripped two adjustment screws on the trigger and boogered up the finish. Can't find a stock trigger anywhere in the color I need. I don't need a new gun. The ego 7 is a beastly gun and is far from needing replacement.

you tried paintball gateway they had quite a bit of old eclipse stuff, but yeah they don't really support the older markers, you cant get hardly anything from the ego10 downwards

As tiny as the trigger set screws are you should be able to them to the next larger size. Even easier if your willing to thread them Metric.

As tiny as the trigger set screws are you should be able to them to the next larger size. Even easier if your willing to thread them Metric.
    Yes. I have found equivalent and cut one to fit and have a tiny extractor set, but the previous owner really did a number on the trigger finish. I'm not super particular on overall condition, but it's annoying. I also like the stock trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil1 View Post
    I shoot an ego 7. Previous owner stripped two adjustment screws on the trigger and boogered up the finish. Can't find a stock trigger anywhere in the color I need. I don't need a new gun. The ego 7 is a beastly gun and is far from needing replacement.
    You need a Geo 3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    You need a Geo 3.5.

Shot one a few times. Great gun, but I'm not a spool guy. Nothing against them. Always preferred poppet.

Shot one a few times. Great gun, but I'm not a spool guy. Nothing against them. Always preferred poppet.
    They are getting closer to the $500 dollar mark used now, thats why I suggested that.

Personally I'd like a CS1 but they havent dropped to my price used yet.

So I just carry on with Automags, Axes and Angels.

They are getting closer to the $500 dollar mark used now, thats why I suggested that.

Have a non working classic mag. My two working guns are a virtue board LCD angel, single trigger and my ego 7 bone stock.

The cs1 and the lvl 1.1s are sick, but I still prefer the 7or8 over anything. Built well, reliable, and super fast and efficient.

6 years is all PE carries in way of old parts.

They do sell off their old stock to another site, so people can still get it, but the website is escaping me, ATM.

Its not a bad model, as they care about the people who buy directly and the people who use their older stuff aren't buying new. I have an ego6, so i feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    6 years is all PE carries in way of old parts.

They do sell off their old stock to another site, so people can still get it, but the website is escaping me, ATM.

Its not a bad model, as they care about the people who buy directly and the people who use their older stuff aren't buying new. I have an ego6, so i feel your pain.
    That's good to know. Thank you. Ego 6 are great too. There was a beautiful sl66 on eBay a few weeks ago.

I've got 2 geo3s. I wish I could have found a 3.5 for 500 or less. 700 was the cheapest I was seeing them anywhere so I stuck with the 3 model. Personally love the design of them. I never dreamed anyone would get a simpler design than a mag.

I've got 2 geo3s. I wish I could have found a 3.5 for 500 or less. 700 was the cheapest I was seeing them anywhere so I stuck with the 3 model. Personally love the design of them. I never dreamed anyone would get a simpler design than a mag.
    That's why I never buy new anymore. Resale is terrible. I don't sell much, so I usually get a gun I like and stick with it for a while

That's why I never buy new anymore. Resale is terrible. I don't sell much, so I usually get a gun I like and stick with it for a while
    Plus, I have a oring kit for like 35 rebuilds, 2 extra bolts, 2 rams, valve parts, qev diaphragms, etc. Enough to keep the ego running for a while. Just can't seem to find a stock blue trigger lol. Since we are on the planet eclipse subject, I will plug the etha a bit. My friends two kids both have ethas and they beat the snot out of those guns and they keep going. Great entry level guns that keep up with most at fields.

Don't think I've bought a new paintball gun since 04-05 when I bought my original mag. Then again. I've only bought 5 paintball guns for myself since then. 3 RTs and 2 geo3s. Currently I still own all except the first mag and one of the RTs. And I'm for sure not paying new price for a Geo.

That is kinda the problem. Since places like PE do not see the resale values (except when you have people that are working directly as a sponsor, and are flipping to get the latest), there comes a point that you just don't need to continue the support of people that have 8+ y/o guns. They are not contributing to the company directly, i.e. money going directly in their pockets; so why continue to keep them around? Any company wants to show growth, new customers as they want and will be around for next new product.

Good or bad, this is how some places conduct their business. I can not fault them for it.

Yet meanwhile here we are in 2016 and we can still buy brand new parts for Automags that were produced in the early 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Yet meanwhile here we are in 2016 and we can still buy brand new parts for Automags that were produced in the early 90's.
    Going home, thank you for the website. And Big Evil, that's what I'm saying lol. I guess agd has us all spoiled lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    And also, that's why most of us usually have at least one mag laying around. Agd has always been just "there".

To be fair AGD is still making the same gun from 2007.....PE did move on a bit.....

But then again the RT Pro you bought in 2007 cost way less than the 07 EGO and yet today it's still worth a whole lot more than that 07 EGO.

Funny how it works and still works.
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    To be fair AGD is still making the same gun from 2007.....PE did move on a bit.....

But then again the RT Pro you bought in 2007 cost way less than the 07 EGO and yet today it's still worth a whole lot more than that 07 EGO.

Can't argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

Very true

Anybody have an affordable source for Ego 7/8 solenoids? I always see them listed on ebay from one or two sellers for ~$160, but it would be nice to find a more affordable option.

I also really like this series of ego and it would be nice to have some spares for the years to come

Quote Originally Posted by caylegeorge View Post
    Anybody have an affordable source for Ego 7/8 solenoids? I always see them listed on ebay from one or two sellers for ~$160, but it would be nice to find a more affordable option.

I also really like this series of ego and it would be nice to have some spares for the years to come
    Definitely. Egos are all good, but just something about the way 7and 8s shoot.

I bought my CSL at ANS, they still take good care of it. Parts come from England.

What makes all the "twister" version of the CSL and lvl 1 so much more expensive?

What makes all the "twister" version of the CSL and lvl 1 so much more expensive?
    Same thing that makes an xmt mag more expensive.