Thread: my old gen 2 micromag with updates

my old gen 2 micromag with updates

Had been sitting for years in my attic ... wiped it off (G2 Micro Mag, 8 hole mod, custom ano, foamiless, double trigger, Micromag valve #416) added some mods in the 2nd pic.

Did some updating... GF Boomstick, x-valve, L10, ULT on/off, old drop forward, big stainless lines, ... kept it a little old school to easily swap the old valve back in and still run Co2 (still using expansion chamber). Still messing around with the trigger a little to get more RT ... starting to rip though

Old or new?
    Last edited by ameier; 12-07-2016 at 12:22 PM.

I like the new.

Looks nice man! like how well the barrel and the xvalve match the anno on the body...

Has it seen any field time recently?

I hear some fields now a days take issue with cut away trigger guards...

Happy holidays!

Mondoatx
    Last edited by Mondoatx; 12-21-2016 at 09:56 AM.

Hey, thanks for the kind words! Yeah, it's kind of a purple/acid wash ano. It was like that when bought it from the PO in college (~98/99). It has just worked out that a lot of the purple ano parts out there today match it somewhat.. I'm still adding stuff to it (maybe starting to go a bit overboard...I'll post more pics when I'm done).

I've spent a good amount of time trying to read about the tuning etc... x-valve/L10, ULT on/off, etc... it was pretty finicky and I would run out of air so I would have to wait until I played again to come home with air to tune it/play with setup. It would leak one spot, then another, etc... a lot of trial and error. I think I still may need to shorten my on/off pin a tad, but I got it to work pretty good without leaking so far.....

Anyhow, I played with it on Dec. 3. It didn't break one ball the whole day. It would start to leak a tad, but then stop...I think around the on/off.... it was super slight and then would quit. My trigger is a weird little setup. I got a regular mag double trigger and then had to do a bit of grinding and filing to get it to fit and function in my micro. Seems to work pretty good now. Right now I think I'm at 800 psi (not positive though - bought a used tank with standard V2 reg). I just bought myself a Ninja SL77 SHP tank for xmas (purple ... so I'm hoping the higher pressure (1100) will get this to rip a bit more and sweet spot a little better.

I didn't know fields required trigger guards (just kinda getting back into it with my son) - I'll have to look into a solution because I want to keep the matching grip frame on there.

Happy Paintballing...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
    -A

"I didn't know fields required trigger guards (just kinda getting back into it with my son) - I'll have to look into a solution because I want to keep the matching grip frame on there."

Happy Paintballing...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
    -A[/QUOTE]

A,

I don't know if they do... it is just something I heard and was wondering if anyone said anything to you about it. If they didn't say anything about it.. rock on dude!

I too have been out of the sport for a LONG TIME (15 years) and only came back back in May of 2016... cut out trigger frames used to be a dime a dozen... but I have YET to see one at my local field...

I never did understand why anyone would cut a trigger guard....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I never did understand why anyone would cut a trigger guard....
    There was a time where double triggers were not standard. It was far easier to make a trigger than a trigger frame. It also goes into the costs, as $20 for a double trigger, but $70-120+ for a double trigger frame. Many guns came from the factory with cut guards: Angels, Rainmakers, high end cockers (though very rare, cause slider double triggers are more funky), Tippmanns and basically everything that did not have a double trigger option yet.