Thread: Classic valve and hyperframe

Classic valve and hyperframe

well I started digging through all my parts and pieced together a mag with a classic valve and a hyperframe, 13bps model. I could shoot slow ok, but any typed of rapid firing and I would get shoot down. Is this an issue with my classic valve? I am using the on/off assembly that came with the hyperframe. I put an intelliframe on and didnt notice any issues. it was like anything above 4 or 5 bps and I was getting shoot down. I was using a Ninja tank, a 35 ci 3000 psi tank. I tried the tank on my tac one with xvalve and didnt have any issues, so it makes me think the valve.

You have a number of variables at work here. The L7 classic valve is easily good for 16+bps. On a hyperframe it should scream.

For starters, what kind of classic valve are you running? If it is one of the really older ones, then you may have some shootdown as a result of smaller and non-aligned internal airways, together with a restrictive on/off (the top will have a cross pattern and will look like the crenelations of a castle turret).

You mentioned using the CF on/off. Can you post pics of the whole assembly?

In any case, issues of shootdown mean ultimately that either the valve isn't being fed enough air, or else there is a restriction in the valve somewhere. Usually this is where the on/off pin is not allowed to fully extend after the firing cycle and the valve is starved for air.

It is possible that the on/off pin is too long, relative to the solenoid and/or the sear is being improperly activated.

In a more bizarre case it may be that the on/off well is not to correct depth. I've seen . . . discrepancies from valve to valve, and depending on how finicky the hyperframe is, even something goofy like that could make a difference. I don't know much of anything about the frames, but the valves work on a single principle, and the frame is simply the way to effect that.

You noted switching to an intelliframe and no issues.

You also mentioned switching your tank to your Tac 1 with no issues. Does this mean you switched just the tank, or the tank plus the hyperframe? Makes a huge difference.

Given that the Intelliframe worked, I'm guessing the hyperframe may be the culprit, but without more info and some pics, it's loose guessing at present.

Do you by chance have a spare classic valve you could swap out for comparison?
    Last edited by Menace_AO; 12-26-2016 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Menace_AO View Post
    You have a number of variables at work here. The L7 classic valve is easily good for 16+bps. On a hyperframe it should scream.

For starters, what kind of classic valve are you running? If it is one of the really older ones, then you may have some shootdown as a result of smaller and non-aligned internal airways, together with a restrictive on/off (the top will have a cross pattern and will look like the crenelations of a castle turret).

The valve has a serial number of CF64442, it appears to be one of the valves when they started matching the threads for proper alignment, I used a dry erase to mark the spot on the valve and reg and they line up. The stock on/off is the newer style. The on/off that came with the frame had its own top. I think last time I used this frame, I may have used a rt on/off to get it working right, but its been a while.

You mentioned using the CF on/off. Can you post pics of the whole assembly? will do

In any case, issues of shootdown mean ultimately that either the valve isn't being fed enough air, or else there is a restriction in the valve somewhere. Usually this is where the on/off pin is not allowed to fully extend after the firing cycle and the valve is starved for air.

It is possible that the on/off pin is too long, relative to the solenoid and/or the sear is being improperly activated.

In a more bizarre case it may be that the on/off well is not to correct depth. I've seen . . . discrepancies from valve to valve, and depending on how finicky the hyperframe is, even something goofy like that could make a difference. I don't know much of anything about the frames, but the valves work on a single principle, and the frame is simply the way to effect that.

You noted switching to an intelliframe and no issues. Correct, put my intelliframe on and as fast as I could pull the trigger I was shooting like normal

You also mentioned switching your tank to your Tac 1 with no issues. Does this mean you switched just the tank, or the tank plus the hyperframe? Makes a huge difference.
    Just the tank, just bought the tank, so I wanted to rule it out.

Given that the Intelliframe worked, I'm guessing the hyperframe may be the culprit, but without more info and some pics, it's loose guessing at present.

Do you by chance have a spare classic valve you could swap out for comparison?
    I will post pictures of the on/off asap